Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coughlin Capacity

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    I totally agree with the point about revenue, a new stadium should help that immensely. I just have a problem with people saying we can't bring in recruits or fans with CAS. The last couple of seasons have proven that theory incorrect.
    I agree.

New shiny facilities are great but at the end of the day its the people at the game that make the place. In that regard, I have always felt that SDSU has very good, knowledgable fans that make CAS and Frost Arena a pretty special place.

Continuing to build a winning program and upgrading facilities will only help bring more people into the Jackrabbit Nation.

Exciting times for the Jackrabbit Nation!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
      I'm guessing the flags will be up this Saturday for Hobo Day. They've had the state flags on the east side the last few years just for the Hobo Day game if I remember correctly.
      You are right, the state flags have been just a Hobo Day thing. The yellow and blue flags have been for each game in the past and they have been absent for each game this season. I know it is just a small detail, but CAS can use all the sprucing up it can get.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I don't want Sanford to have anything to do with a new stadium. Keep him out of our stuff as much as possible. IMO, I would be more proud of a stadium that was funded by SDSU Alumni. It would give me a sense of being "apart" of it. I know that it may take longer to happen, but I just like the thought of building from within.
        IMO, we should consider ourselves lucky if Mr. Sanford would like to spend some of his money building a new football stadium at SDSU, as long as there are no Englestad-type strings attached.

And if you would like to feel "a part" of it, there are plenty of ways to do so, like give money to the athletic program (I believe they are still accepting donations). Or you could open a checking account at First Premier Bank. Or you could achieve the level of business success Mr. Sanford has and donate the money yourself (sorry for the smackishness).

RANT TIME

Folks, if we want to do this DI thing right, we need to attract fans and donors who NEVER attended SDSU--essentially anybody with an open checkbook. Do you think every season ticket holder at Nebraska has a Nebraska diploma? How about USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, etc... How about NDSU? I'm pretty sure quite a few of their corporate sponsors, season ticket holders, and donors don't have NDSU degrees.

Some on this board seem to have the attitude of us against the world, and you can't be one of us unless you actually graduated SDSU. For the record, SDSU has never sent any of my checks back, even though my diploma doesn't have SDSU stamped on it.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          IMO, we should consider ourselves lucky if Mr. Sanford would like to spend some of his money building a new football stadium at SDSU, as long as there are no Englestad-type strings attached.

And if you would like to feel "a part" of it, there are plenty of ways to do so, like give money to the athletic program (I believe they are still accepting donations). Or you could open a checking account at First Premier Bank. Or you could achieve the level of business success Mr. Sanford has and donate the money yourself (sorry for the smackishness).

RANT TIME

Folks, if we want to do this DI thing right, we need to attract fans and donors who NEVER attended SDSU--essentially anybody with an open checkbook. Do you think every season ticket holder at Nebraska has a Nebraska diploma? How about USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, etc... How about NDSU? I'm pretty sure quite a few of their corporate sponsors, season ticket holders, and donors don't have NDSU degrees.

Some on this board seem to have the attitude of us against the world, and you can't be one of us unless you actually graduated SDSU. For the record, SDSU has never sent any of my checks back, even though my diploma doesn't have SDSU stamped on it.
          I could care less if someone has a diploma from SDSU. If they are willing to give money to the program then let them. I was just stating my opinion that I would love to see the name on the stadium have something to do with the program. I am not so ignorant to think that we should turn down a dump truck full of money.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
            Personally, I don't care whose name is on the facility. It just NEEDS to be built. It's hard enough to get good kids and good players to come play here in oct and november or really any part of the year. A new facilty will bring players and fans
            We need a new facility because SDSU has simply outgrown this one. At the Sioux Empire Staters luncheon today, Associate AD Mike Burgers reminded us that in the last year of Division II SDSU averaged about 5500 fans for football. This year BEFORE the NDSU game the aveage was over 13,000.

Plus if you were there on Saturday to see that 14,100 crowd it is hard to imaging putting many more in there. I no longer believe we can set a new attendance record with the Dykhouse Center in place as a lot of space was lost along the north end zone where they used to let people sit.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Do you think every season ticket holder at Nebraska has a Nebraska diploma? How about USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, etc...
              The best example is Notre Dame. I'm guessing their alum fans/donors are well outnumbered by the Subway Alumni fans/donors.

And I'm sitting here in Boise where I think it's safe to say that a large portion of the 30,000 people who attend the home games here have never set foot in a BSU classroom. The three season ticket holders I know that I can think of off the top of my head are graduates of Cal St. Fullerton, Baylor, and Idaho.

Some upgraded facilities and success on the field will only breed more success and more revenues.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                Plus if you were there on Saturday to see that 14,100 crowd it is hard to imaging putting many more in there. I no longer believe we can set a new attendance record with the Dykhouse Center in place as a lot of space was lost along the north end zone where they used to let people sit.
                I'm guessing there are about 12,500 or maybe 13,000 "seats" in CAS. I could be low. But I agree with JG here that it's hard to imagine where you put more than 15,000 people in CAS now that the north end zone is off limits.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I'm guessing there are about 12,500 or maybe 13,000 "seats" in CAS. I could be low. But I agree with JG here that it's hard to imagine where you put more than 15,000 people in CAS now that the north end zone is off limits.
                  I'll all but guarantee we'll find out Saturday. Get there early if you've got a GA ticket, the fences will be packed.

Comment

I could care less if someone has a diploma from SDSU. If they are willing to give money to the program then let them. I was just stating my opinion that I would love to see the name on the stadium have something to do with the program. I am not so ignorant to think that we should turn down a dump truck full of money.

See this the part I don't get. In your other post you said you wanted to keep HIM out of our stuff. But now it is you want someone with a connection to SDSU and you don't have anything against him. I hear this so often and I just don't get it.

I admit that I have been in a crabby mood today, maybe I should not have posted on anything.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Show me the money - build me a new stadium and called it whatever you want. You can always name other things after SDSU grads. Hillson press box for those of you old enough to remember Norm.. Adam V's lounge etc. We named a few streets in the tailgate area after players.

The sooner the turf and new stadium the better for our Jackrabbits.

1-0 this week and we move one step closer to a lot of things. Nothing and I mean nothing generates more attendance, more attention, better student athletics (we already have some), more donations than win, win, win.

GBGBGJ

Comment

RANT TIME

I hope you are not addressing me as I have often used the phrase 'Friends and Alums of SDSU. The friends are more often then not non-SDSU grads and have degrees often from somewhere else or no degree at all. If everyone involved in fund raising can continue to interest T. Denny Sanford, I have no problem whatsoever and hope and pray that T Denny can see SDSU in his donation plans. We have Mr. Dykhouse to thank for his connections to Mr. Sanford. Asking your boss for money is not an easy task and one that has to be done very carefully. I think all of the staff at the Foundation understand the importance of friends and what they can do for SDSU. If some of us seem exclusive and snooty about having a SDSU degree, well they dont count much and its best to ignore. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. I am an alum and my checks have never been returned either. We can always get better at what we do.

Comment

Working...
                        X