Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coughlin Capacity

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Ok, since we get so much crap for our restroom facilities, I vote we make them amazing. Over on championshipsubdivision.com they are having a best bathrooms in the FCS thread (pretty entertaining). Anyways, I vote we go for what Delaware has, except a little nicer even. That would shut the Bison up for good What will they rip on us for once we have a new field and field turf and we're beating them?

Ummm... Where exactly does a guy take a whiz in that restroom? I see a drain on the floor, or do I just go against the wall?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      The number must not take into account the East-side and other "temporary" bleachers. (On my first try, typed "belchers"...made myself laugh.)

You were correct the first time. I sat in the east side bleachers Saturday night and the belching was something fierce. Musta been those bisonburgers before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        The folks at Boise State built up their stadium from 14,500 up to 30,000 in stages. And, after seeing the stadium in person, it looks great. If you watch the "20th Anniversary of The Blue" video, there are some great shots of the stadium.

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=530470

Yes, but that godawful blue turf is an abomination to football tradition from Nagurski to Rockne to Butkus and Singletary. No self-respecting football player plays on a blue carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Ummm... Where exactly does a guy take a whiz in that restroom? I see a drain on the floor, or do I just go against the wall?

I remember correctly from reading AGS forum last year, you just pee on the wall. You can see the pipes along the wall where the water must tickle out and a small gap for it to drain.

I'm all for this system!

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
            I remember correctly from reading AGS forum last year, you just pee on the wall. You can see the pipes along the wall where the water must tickle out and a small gap for it to drain.

I'm all for this system!
            Yep you just pee on the wall....the pipes have a constant water flow on them, it washes it into the trough along the edge that you stand next to, would alow more people to go as well.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Yep you just pee on the wall....the pipes have a constant water flow on them, it washes it into the trough along the edge that you stand next to, would alow more people to go as well.
              Oh. All I could think of was everyone lines up around the outside, on the ledge, faces INWARD and pees, and the urine drains towards the middle.

AWKWARD.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Yes, but that godawful blue turf is an abomination to football tradition from Nagurski to Rockne to Butkus and Singletary. No self-respecting football player plays on a blue carpet.
                Obviously we woudn't go with a blue field...the Jacks would play on a Yellow carpet.

Other than the field I thought the story of how they expanded the field goes right along with what the Jacks are talking about.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Obviously we woudn't go with a blue field...the Jacks would play on a Yellow carpet.

Other than the field I thought the story of how they expanded the field goes right along with what the Jacks are talking about.
                  I like the idea of yellow carpet, it might be hard on some eyes, but it would get more attention than Boise's blue. Might also give rise to another promotion theme, Sunflower bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I like the idea of yellow carpet, it might be hard on some eyes, but it would get more attention than Boise's blue. Might also give rise to another promotion theme, Sunflower bowl.

It is just too bad that the NCAA rules state that the lines have to be white. Otherwise we could go with a yellow field and blue lines.

Comment

It is just too bad that the NCAA rules state that the lines have to be white. Otherwise we could go with a yellow field and blue lines.
                      When Florida played at LSU a couple weeks ago, I noticed LSU had added a 3D look to the numbers on the field by edging the white numbers with black. It looked pretty cool. Maybe a lot of schools do this, but if we go with field turf, I would like to see this. It showed a real attention to detail.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

SDSU must act fast with a new stadium. We currently have the worst stadium in the missouri valley. And now, SIU is building a new and very nice facility. The Dykehouse is not enough! What about Sanford stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
                          SDSU must act fast with a new stadium. We currently have the worst stadium in the missouri valley. And now, SIU is building a new and very nice facility. The Dykehouse is not enough! What about Sanford stadium?
                          I don't want Sanford to have anything to do with a new stadium. Keep him out of our stuff as much as possible. IMO, I would be more proud of a stadium that was funded by SDSU Alumni. It would give me a sense of being "apart" of it. I know that it may take longer to happen, but I just like the thought of building from within.

Comment

Grass, grass, grass. When the stadium assessment comes through, I hope to see grass and then a recommendation to give BHS their money back for the lights and get the he!! off the field!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              When Florida played at LSU a couple weeks ago, I noticed LSU had added a 3D look to the numbers on the field by edging the white numbers with black. It looked pretty cool. Maybe a lot of schools do this, but if we go with field turf, I would like to see this. It showed a real attention to detail.
                              Do you think that the Jacks would keep the checkerboard pattern in the endzones too? I kind of like the idea of the word "Jacks" with the logo bookending it in the endzones.

Of course, if they keep the checkerboard I wouldn't be heartbroken.

Comment

I don't want Sanford to have anything to do with a new stadium. Keep him out of our stuff as much as possible. IMO, I would be more proud of a stadium that was funded by SDSU Alumni. It would give me a sense of being "apart" of it. I know that it may take longer to happen, but I just like the thought of building from within.
                                I really don't want this to get into politics or anything, but why? Many, many SDSU alums work for his organization and in very key positions. Is having his name on the stadium going to make a recruit choose a different school?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X