Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coughlin Capacity

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
    Jacksonville state stadium. Anyone like this setup? Check it out.

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/cus...lery/PaulSnow/

I like the general look of this stadium in this picture, but if you go to the site and look at some of the other photos its pretty obvious that this is a pieced together solution. I would like to see whatever is built in Brookings to be done with a great amount of vision and a strong emphasis on the finished product not looking like a pieced together bunch of projects.

I realize that the best solution might very well be a gradual development with 4 or 5 phases of contruction spread out over a period of years, and I'm fine with that as long as there is a solid plan in place so that when its done it will look like it belong together.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      I like the general look of this stadium in this picture, but if you go to the site and look at some of the other photos its pretty obvious that this is a pieced together solution. I would like to see whatever is built in Brookings to be done with a great amount of vision and a strong emphasis on the finished product not looking like a pieced together bunch of projects.

I realize that the best solution might very well be a gradual development with 4 or 5 phases of contruction spread out over a period of years, and I'm fine with that as long as there is a solid plan in place so that when its done it will look like it belong together.
      I have never been an observant person so can you explain what parts of the stadium look "pieced together?" It looks very nice to me - I also looked at the other three pictures on that site. Is there more?

Comment

I don't know much about bonds, but when at all possible, staying out of Debt is huge in personal, business and public. It keeps the momentum going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
          I don't know much about bonds, but when at all possible, staying out of Debt is huge in personal, business and public. It keeps the momentum going forward.
          With bonds, 20 or 30 year or whatever, it defers the cost to the users. Like a mortgage on your house. I'm sure we would have liked to pay cash for our first home, but at least for us, there was no way. This is different than a car loan that sometimes leaves you owing more than your current value.

A lot of different levels of government have use bonds wisely and the citizens have benefited by making use of the facility(s) while they are being paid for..

Comment

I think the east and west grandstand should be able to hold 9,000 each. An 18,000 seat stadium with abilty to add on and close in the south endzone with another 2,000 to 4,000 seats. I think most people will agree a field turf surface is a must after they see the condition of the field over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
              I have never been an observant person so can you explain what parts of the stadium look "pieced together?" It looks very nice to me - I also looked at the other three pictures on that site. Is there more?
              When I saw the overhead view on the website without the fans in the stands, then you could see the difference between the larger sideline grandstand which contains the pressbox structure, the building on the endzone, and then the rest of the stadium structure which doesn't really match.

Like I said I didn't notice it in the picture posted here. It looks good from that view. But when you see the overall you can really pick out the difference between the main grandstand and the J shape that fills out the stadium.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

The folks at Boise State built up their stadium from 14,500 up to 30,000 in stages. And, after seeing the stadium in person, it looks great. If you watch the "20th Anniversary of The Blue" video, there are some great shots of the stadium.

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=530470
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I have a hard time with the Dykhouse being built without the total plan being on paper. That to me is piecing it together also! Why was a plan not drawn up and the first phase was the dykhouse center. We will have Turf before anything else is done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                    I have a hard time with the Dykhouse being built without the total plan being on paper. That to me is piecing it together also! Why was a plan not drawn up and the first phase was the dykhouse center. We will have Turf before anything else is done IMO.
                    I'm guessing the architects can match the style of the Dykhouse Center without too much trouble.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                      They have been working off a plan. They certainly haven't done a full engineering and architectural design for the complete Coughlin-Alumni Stadium site with expandable seating to 30,000 or whatever, parking, etc., etc. (and it's an interesting question as to whether the Board of Regents would have allowed that study to go forward in the past--my understanding is that it is not at all certain that the BOR would have permitted it). But, a (relatively) new President and a new AD means the potential for new ways of going about things.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        I think the east and west grandstand should be able to hold 9,000 each. An 18,000 seat stadium with abilty to add on and close in the south endzone with another 2,000 to 4,000 seats. I think most people will agree a field turf surface is a must after they see the condition of the field over the next few weeks.
                        I believe that the west side of the grandstand currently seats 8,000. So, a matching set on the east side would get coughlin to 16,000. Now if you inclose the north side around the Dykhouse Center we should be pushing the 18,000 you mention.

As of yesterday (Friday) evening there were only 150 reserved seats available to sell. It appears a nice crowd is expected for the Bison round up tonight.

Jacks go 1-0 again this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

The west side grand stand actually has less than 6500 seats. The number is stamped on one of the columns underneath. Those seats are way to small and the rows are to close together for people over 6 feet tall. A new stadium will need to have the seats spread out a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                            As of yesterday (Friday) evening there were only 150 reserved seats available to sell. It appears a nice crowd is expected for the Bison round up tonight.

Jacks go 1-0 again this week.

GBGBGJ
                            That's great news about ticket sales. Many are predicting a minimum crowd of 15,000. I think it can exceed 16,000.

Comment

When I saw the overhead view on the website without the fans in the stands, then you could see the difference between the larger sideline grandstand which contains the pressbox structure, the building on the endzone, and then the rest of the stadium structure which doesn't really match.

Like I said I didn't notice it in the picture posted here. It looks good from that view. But when you see the overall you can really pick out the difference between the main grandstand and the J shape that fills out the stadium.
                              Thanks. Those are things I would never notice, but I understand what you are saying.

Comment

Ok, since we get so much crap for our restroom facilities, I vote we make them amazing. Over on championshipsubdivision.com they are having a best bathrooms in the FCS thread (pretty entertaining). Anyways, I vote we go for what Delaware has, except a little nicer even. That would shut the Bison up for good What will they rip on us for once we have a new field and field turf and we're beating them?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X