Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coughlin Capacity

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I don't want Sanford to have anything to do with a new stadium. Keep him out of our stuff as much as possible. IMO, I would be more proud of a stadium that was funded by SDSU Alumni. It would give me a sense of being "apart" of it. I know that it may take longer to happen, but I just like the thought of building from within.
    It justs dumbfounds me why people have an agenda against Sanford. If wasn't for him we would not have that nice new building sitting in the north endzone. If you think this stadium is going to get built purely with funds raised from people who have a diploma from SDSU your not going to see it in your lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      Grass, grass, grass. When the stadium assessment comes through, I hope to see grass and then a recommendation to give BHS their money back for the lights and get the he!! off the field!
      Not going to happen. Better get used to the Field Turf idea as that is the only surface you will see at CAS in the next couple of years if not sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        I really don't want this to get into politics or anything, but why? Many, many SDSU alums work for his organization and in very key positions. Is having his name on the stadium going to make a recruit choose a different school?
        I don't want to get into it either because there are many different ways it can go. Personally, I would love to see the field named for successful SDSU athletes and/or graduates. If it is going to be on our campus, it should be a showcase for our folks.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          I don't want Sanford to have anything to do with a new stadium. Keep him out of our stuff as much as possible. IMO, I would be more proud of a stadium that was funded by SDSU Alumni. It would give me a sense of being "apart" of it. I know that it may take longer to happen, but I just like the thought of building from within.
          I guess I could actually agree with you ... but it doesn't matter. Money will decide who or what the stadium is named after and nothing else. This is just the way things work now.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Too bad the guy who won the lottery in Winner has no SDSU affiliation. All he's doing is buying tens of thousands of acres of land. Lucky @#$@#$!

Comment

Personally, I don't care whose name is on the facility. It just NEEDS to be built. It's hard enough to get good kids and good players to come play here in oct and november or really any part of the year. A new facilty will bring players and fans

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                I guess I could actually agree with you ... but it doesn't matter. Money will decide who or what the stadium is named after and nothing else. This is just the way things work now.
                I know that my way of thinking is nothing more than a pipe dream. Growing up I would always ask about the names on the stadiums and always got a great history lesson. Maybe that is just me getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
                  Personally, I don't care whose name is on the facility. It just NEEDS to be built. It's hard enough to get good kids and good players to come play here in oct and november or really any part of the year. A new facilty will bring players and fans
                  So we need a new stadium because we can't bring in players or fans? Did I wake up in bizarro world where we are now Indiana State or something? We are #11 in the country and have one of the best home attendances in the MVFC. We need a new stadium because this one is falling apart, not because we can't compete or draw fans with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    So we need a new stadium because we can't bring in players or fans? Did I wake up in bizarro world where we are now Indiana State or something? We are #11 in the country and have one of the best home attendances in the MVFC. We need a new stadium because this one is falling apart, not because we can't compete or draw fans with it.
                    Exactly! And I really don't care whose name is on it, well I guess I wouldn't be too happy if it was called Bison Stadium or something like that.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      You're right. But another reason is the revenue that things like luxury boxes and club seats can bring in. We literally have none of that coming in now. Zero.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        You're right. But another reason is the revenue that things like luxury boxes and club seats can bring in. We literally have none of that coming in now. Zero.
                        I totally agree with the point about revenue, a new stadium should help that immensely. I just have a problem with people saying we can't bring in recruits or fans with CAS. The last couple of seasons have proven that theory incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          When the new scoreboard came in I can remember thinking about how it changed the way that CAS looked. Then the Dykhouse has done the same to the north end. It is hard for me to even imagine what the area is going to look like when they start building new east grandstands, put in the field turf, and redo the west side. I, for one, am excited to see where this thing goes.

Comment

You guys, you guys I wasn't saying we don't have doog recruits. I meant that it is going to get tougher when everyone else is updated etc and we are standing still to a point. obviously the dykehouse center will help though and hopefully Sell is moving us forward even faster.

Comment

Does anybody know why we don't put out the flags on the top of the west grandstand anymore? I always thought they spruced up the place a little bit.

I liked when they put the state flags along the top of the east bleachers as well, but putting yellow and blue flags there would be nice too.

Seems odd that they went away this year. I know BHS is still putting their red and black flags up on their game nights.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Does anybody know why we don't put out the flags on the top of the west grandstand anymore? I always thought they spruced up the place a little bit.

I liked when they put the state flags along the top of the east bleachers as well, but putting yellow and blue flags there would be nice too.

Seems odd that they went away this year. I know BHS is still putting their red and black flags up on their game nights.
                                I'm guessing the flags will be up this Saturday for Hobo Day. They've had the state flags on the east side the last few years just for the Hobo Day game if I remember correctly.
                                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X