Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Georgia Southern Sept 12th

Good luck Saturday. I'll report on the UNI game if you all want. If not, good luck against Georgia Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Good luck Saturday. I'll report on the UNI game if you all want. If not, good luck against Georgia Southern.
      Thanks, Jacks will need more than luck. But that home game vs a perenial power is good. Congrats to the yotes on getting into a solid arrangement with a nearby power. A good sense of where you're at against what may be the best in the country this year.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Sure, I'm interested. Put up a thread in the MVFC forum and let us know how it goes. UNI looks loaded this year, and they probably learned a little something about USD last year. Should be interesting.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

[QUOTE=JimmyJack
          Watching the highlights, I hadn't realized that defense and special teams did so much of the scoring against Albany. Makes me wonder why so many GSU fans are predicting 38 or more points against us. No offense to Albany, but after watching those highlights, I feel safe saying we're a lot better than them on both sides of the ball, but particularly on defense.[/QUOTE]

JJ:

I don't think "most" GSU fans entertain the idea that our young Eagles will be putting up 38 points on your seasoned SDSU Jackrabbits.

I WILL say that it seems that our Eagles, for some unexplainable reason, play up, or down, to the level of competition..

IF our Eagles score 38 points on the Jackrabbits my guess is it will mean the Jackrabbits will score 37.... We haven't blown an opponent out in so long I can't even remember when it was.... Our Eagles just seem to always be in any contest right up to the end of the game, and surprisingly, last season they were much better on the road that at home.

I think last season we had 4 games go into overtime, and I believe I'm correct in saying we won 3 of the 4.

Go figure?

GSU fans are absolutely spoiled from our years of domination with the triple option, and quite a few expected Coach Hatcher to immediately get our Eagles back in the top of the SOCON.. Not happening.. Just too much competition in the SOCON for that now. But Coach Hatcher is finally getting "his" type players in the program, and while this season we are so very, very young we are facing a difficult road..

Next year and the year beyond, as our young athletes season and gain experience with the "Hatch Attack" we should be much, much better.

But...

Here's comes Saturday night....

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by PX View Post
            JJ:

I don't think "most" GSU fans entertain the idea that our young Eagles will be putting up 38 points on your seasoned SDSU Jackrabbits.

I WILL say that it seems that our Eagles, for some unexplainable reason, play up, or down, to the level of competition..

IF our Eagles score 38 points on the Jackrabbits my guess is it will mean the Jackrabbits will score 37.... We haven't blown an opponent out in so long I can't even remember when it was.... Our Eagles just seem to always be in any contest right up to the end of the game, and surprisingly, last season they were much better on the road that at home.

I think last season we had 4 games go into overtime, and I believe I'm correct in saying we won 3 of the 4.

Go figure?

GSU fans are absolutely spoiled from our years of domination with the triple option, and quite a few expected Coach Hatcher to immediately get our Eagles back in the top of the SOCON.. Not happening.. Just too much competition in the SOCON for that now. But Coach Hatcher is finally getting "his" type players in the program, and while this season we are so very, very young we are facing a difficult road..

Next year and the year beyond, as our young athletes season and gain experience with the "Hatch Attack" we should be much, much better.

But...

Here's comes Saturday night....

Best Wishes,

Jesse
            Chatty last year on there turf but you know............ Going to be a great game like i said may the best team win!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingblue View Post
              Chatty last year on there turf but you know............ Going to be a great game like i said may the best team win!!!!!

bb:

Yeah, but it was Chattanooga...

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by PX View Post
                bb:

Yeah, but it was Chattanooga...

Jesse
                Playing Chatty is a bit like playing Ind St. Almost a GUARANTEED W, and that's with starters out for 2nd half.

Comment

Just spoke to a friend who usually has access to reserved tickets when I need extras as all mine are spoken for and a few others are asking. He said he doesn't think he can get any more. I think tickets sales have been pretty good and I'm betting the walk up will be brisk as well. I think 12,000 plus is a good expectation.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

heres a little game preview from football gameplan, they think kyle minetts name is kevin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5wbEcXoZD0

Comment

• Re: Georgia Southern Sept 12th

great find jacks14, i think the guy on the right hand side perhaps could have looked his notes over a bit more closely to get his team names and players right, but overall very cool deal
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jacks14 View Post
                        heres a little game preview from football gameplan, they think kyle minetts name is kevin.

Those guys are hard to listen to. I think most of the east coast is pretty confident GS is going to take care of the Jacks.

I'm pretty confident we are going to handle the Eagles passing game and that our offense will be able to move the ball on the ground. If we can control field position (HUGE FACTOR) and not turn the ball over I see a Jackrabbit win by 10 or more. If they get some momentum then its even. I don't see GS dominating on either side of the ball. We have to play smart but not to an overly conservative fault.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks14 View Post

Boom goes the dynamite.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Great line, JimmyJack. Party on Garth! Party on Wayne! Schwing!

Comment

I wonder if anybody else is having the same problem I am: I seem only to be able to think about Jackrabbit football all the time this week. This late start is killing me.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think the Jacks defense has a lot to prove in this game to show that they are going to be one of the best in the conference. This is nearly the same defense that gave up over 30 points in 6 games last year. More experience is good, but still, they're going to have to show me before I'm going to believe.

The first half is important. The high emotions of the first game can't get too much of the players, especially Crawford, and don't do anything dumb to get into a hole. An even up game in the first half, say around two td's for each team, should make for a good recipe for a win.

I would take a first half like they put up in the first two home games last year, though, against Youngstown and W. Ill. That would make me feel really good about taking a W. in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X