Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Just watched my copy of last years game, still gives me chills. That hit on Roehl that caused the fumble was vicious.

Also another thing I noticed, after Koenig's go ahead touchdown, the Jacks ran a reverse to JaRon on the two-point conversion, much like we did this year against McNeese, might have been the same play actually. Didn't work either time.

Comment

Hey gamblers, what's the line? This has got to be right around a pick-em.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Anyone else just not as jacked up for this game after the tough loss last week? I wouldn't be able to sit still if we had won last week and were playing for a share of the conference title, playoff implications and the Dakota Marker this weekend. I'm sure by Saturday I will feel different. Main thing is the players put last weeks loss behind them and are ready to go!
        Nope, I'm thoroughly jacked!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

REMINDER:

WEAR BLUE TO THE GAME, NOT YELLOW. Yellow will look like you're part of the Bison crowd.

Comment

Jacks fans!

I hear people are not as JACKED up about this game for a variety of reasons. However, there are significant reasons that this game is extremely important. Above and beyond the fact that its a conference game, that its for the Dakota Marker, that its a rivalry game, that its for stand alone 3rd place in the Valley conference, for our 7th win this season, for our 6th win in conference, its the Bison, need I go on?

I need to add a couple of comments on just how important it is to have a thriving football program. I am not taking anything away from any of the other Jackrabbit sports as Iam a huge fan. But reality is what it is. This is information you can find in any of the athletic programs financial reports if you want to take the time to look? Its also information from a friend that heard it from a friend, that heard it from a friend (kind of thing)within the Jacks department. Trust me the trail of information is reliable.

This weekends rivalry game between Montana and Montana State in football at Missoula MT will generate more revenue than all of SDSU's athletic events in a year! Yes, I said all events. That's how important football is to Montana. Now, let me get a little closer to home and talk about the NDSU / SDSU game this Saturday. Not only this home game for the Bison but every home game for the Bison will again, generate more revenue than all of the Jacks home football games in one season. Kind of hard to imagine at first. But it is true.

So, if you needed additional reasons to be JACKED for this game you need help! My only disappointment is that Cubbys is not offering a Bison burger this week as its special.

Jacks 34 - Bison 24

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              Hey gamblers, what's the line? This has got to be right around a pick-em.

The line just came out on the game:

NDSU -3.

Another line that peaked my interest was the UND/USD game:

Coyotes -12.5!! With that many points, I'll be putting the mortgage on UND!!!! Go SIOUX!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post

NDSU -3.

Coyotes -12.5!! With that many points, I'll be putting the mortgage on UND!!!! Go SIOUX!

Since the Fargodome is probably about a 13 point advantage over the years and the Jacks are all and all 10 points better, makes sense.

Comment

NDSU -3.

Its one thing to be a Jackrabbit fan....but to also utter that out of your mouth....

They can make up this rivalry with SDSU & NDSU all they want but at the end of the day, Bison and Jack fans just don't hate each other enough. Plus, I tried to come on here and get some stuff going and got immediately directed to smack board by rabbit1979....plus he called me an idiot...

Maybe we Need a good brawl at one of the games...Perhaps women's volleyball or gymnastics (i know we don't have gymanstics, but it would be fun to watch)

Comment

NDSU -3.

Typically there are 3 points advantage for the home team, so yeah, the bookies have this as an even match-up.

Comment

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
                      Its one thing to be a Jackrabbit fan....but to also utter that out of your mouth....

They can make up this rivalry with SDSU & NDSU all they want but at the end of the day, Bison and Jack fans just don't hate each other enough. Plus, I tried to come on here and get some stuff going and got immediately directed to smack board by rabbit1979....plus he called me an idiot...

Maybe we Need a good brawl at one of the games...Perhaps women's volleyball or gymnastics (i know we don't have gymanstics, but it would be fun to watch)
                      I agree the hate is not there, but the XDSU rivalry compared to the XSD rivalry is uncomparable. One dome tomorrow will be jam-packed with 19,000 passionate fans while the other dome will supposedly have 9000 people who are more concerned about when the next time they will play the in-state school than the game at hand.

I like the volleyball brawl idea. Maybe women's swimming?

Comment

I agree the hate is not there, but the XDSU rivalry compared to the XSD rivalry is uncomparable. One dome tomorrow will be jam-packed with 19,000 passionate fans while the other dome will supposedly have 9000 people who are more concerned about when the next time they will play the in-state school than the game at hand.

I like the volleyball brawl idea. Maybe women's swimming?

thats a negative on the swimming....NDSU doesn't have it.....football cheerleaders ??

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
                          thats a negative on the swimming....NDSU doesn't have it.....football cheerleaders ??
                          Nope, that doesn't work either. NDSU's cheerleaders have a 50 pound per woman advantage on our gals. I'm all for a good catfight but it has to be fair.

Wish I could make it tomorrow it should be one heck of a tilt.

For the NDSU fans. What would you say are the keys for NDSU to get a win?

Good luck to both and may the best team in white win!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

One dome tomorrow will be jam-packed with 19,000 passionate fans while the other dome will supposedly have 9000 people who are more concerned about when the next time they will play the in-state school than the game at hand.
                            Good stuff...rep point worthy!

Comment

The only way this would be a better game would be if it was played outside, where football is suppose to be played. Not in an artifical building with fake turf and canned music. It could be played in Fargo or anywhere else, that would make no difference to me. Its great to see the D-Lineman and the O-Lineman with there sleeves rolled up, steam rolling off them, seeing there breath before the snap of the ball. I have enough clothes to wear and won't get cold. Sorry...but I am the type of fan that loves football the way it should be. In the elements..... With that said.....Jacks will win tomorrow, they are ready

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Well we could move the game across the street to Dacotah field....Got the new sprint turf over there,(i love how Bison have better practice field, than game field)....still got the home stands up....Figure the SDSU Fan's can stand around the visitors side...I'm all for it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X