Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    SDSU teams historically play well on turf. Just something to think about.

Sorry MJA, that crap that UNI, NDSU, and USD call "turf" is the equivalent of playing football in the Brady Bunch's backyard.

I just chuckled everytime I turned the SD High School games on this weekend and looked at that "turf". What a joke! Football players running around in their tennis shoes is sooo 1987.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      SDSU teams historically play well on turf. Just something to think about.
      Just not turf in the state of North Dakota...once again sorry jackrabbit1979

But, on a serious note how is this true???....Are you speaking of Dakota Dome, Nebraska Omaha....who else had turf in the NCC????

O, and we do have field turf.....on Dacotah Field

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
        Just not turf in the state of North Dakota...once again sorry jackrabbit1979

But, on a serious note how is this true???....Are you speaking of Dakota Dome, Nebraska Omaha....who else had turf in the NCC????

O, and we do have field turf.....on Dacotah Field
        Nope not field turf, its actuall this type "Sprint Turf"

http://www.sprinturf.com/
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I think the loss to Wyoming hurts playoffs as much as any other loss..... Wyoming is horrible.....

I think what hurts NDSU in the end is a weak schedule..... SDSU played 2 ranked teams out of conference and a decent FBS team..... NDSU played Austin Peay, and Central Connetuict State.....

If SDSU plays those 2 teams instead of Cal Poly and McNeese State.... We have 2 more wins...
          Wyoming hasn't lost to an FCS team since 1978 so I don't think that hurts us. It took a last second field goal and 2nd half rally to beat us. Also...Wyoming beat Tennessee out of the SEC this year so they are not THAT bad.

I agree our non conference schedule was weak, especially compared to SDSU's, but the confernce schedule is tough enough. A win over the MVC Champion SIU is a big deal.

Honestly, I think if you guys had scheduled easier non conference games, you may be fighting for the playoffs right now. It was challenging and I respect that.

I agree our playoff chances are about 10-20% but it's possible. I was looking at other scenerio's and you wouldn't believe how many teams in front of us are going to drop next week.

Comment

I'll go with the percentages breakdown:

SDSU by 9+ 20%
            SDSU by 8 or less 45%
            NDSU by 8 or less 25%
            NDSU by 9+ 10%

Favors NDSU: Home/Dome/Turf, Streak, possibly Defense and special teams
            Favors SDSU: Explosive Offense, Few injuries, D-Line, Hunger, and the band (Pride)

SD Pride vs. ND Pride: SD by 30+

Likely a close game, but if SDSU can quiet the crowd early and put up the points, I see NDSU realizing the inevitable.

Comment

Thoughts -
              If we play like we've played most of the season, you guys will drill us.
              If we play to what we think our potential is, I believe we will win. It all boils down to Mertens - obviously jacks will try to stack the box and make Mertens throw it - it worked last year and we had one of our best quarterbacks ever at the helm - why not go that road again? If Mertens can hit receivers on time and in stride, and they actually hang onto the ball, I think the running game wil open up. Crowd will be a factor - I'm hoping there are quite a few jacks fans making the trip - someone on here said the games are a little more fun when both teams have fans - i'd second that!

OK, is your band coming up? if they are, did they get seats, or do they stand on the sidelines? how does that work? did they come up a few years ago? i seem to remember a visitor's band in the dome a few years ago.

Jacks fans - have a safe trip and make sure you're there early to enjoy the tailgating - "officially" starts at 1 PM, line to get in the lot starts at dawn!

Comment

Time for me to sound off...although not pop off. It's going to be a good game. All things considered, SDSU has had a better season and should be a slight favorite. However, there are four factors to take into account before looking at this as a regular matchup: 1) The Jacks' tough loss last week. Last time we lost a heart-breaker, we came out with a hangover the next week. 2) The Bison want to attone for last year, 3) The Fargo losing streak, 4) The very nature of playing a rival.

I expect us to try and shut down the run, and I think we will do that fairly well. I have a good feeling about the game, but not to the point where I'm bold enough to make a prediction.

Bison fans...any place we need to hit before the game? Hope everybody has fun Saturday.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

SDSU before the game: Old Broadway in downtown Fargo

Comment

The Hub, formerly known as Playmakers, is huge and pretty sweet.

Comment

AGS has a poll for best rivalry. Vote for the Dakota Marker Game!!!!
                      http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=52569

Comment

Originally posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
                        Thoughts -
                        If we play like we've played most of the season, you guys will drill us.
                        If we play to what we think our potential is, I believe we will win. It all boils down to Mertens - obviously jacks will try to stack the box and make Mertens throw it - it worked last year and we had one of our best quarterbacks ever at the helm - why not go that road again? If Mertens can hit receivers on time and in stride, and they actually hang onto the ball, I think the running game wil open up. Crowd will be a factor - I'm hoping there are quite a few jacks fans making the trip - someone on here said the games are a little more fun when both teams have fans - i'd second that!

OK, is your band coming up? if they are, did they get seats, or do they stand on the sidelines? how does that work? did they come up a few years ago? i seem to remember a visitor's band in the dome a few years ago.

Jacks fans - have a safe trip and make sure you're there early to enjoy the tailgating - "officially" starts at 1 PM, line to get in the lot starts at dawn!
                        Band didn't make the trip a few years ago but I believe someone mentioned that they will be going up this year. Not sure what they will do

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          Sorry MJA, that crap that UNI, NDSU, and USD call "turf" is the equivalent of playing football in the Brady Bunch's backyard.

I just chuckled everytime I turned the SD High School games on this weekend and looked at that "turf". What a joke! Football players running around in their tennis shoes is sooo 1987.

Go Jacks!!
                          It's old school turf! It's the same stuff they had at the metrodome until a few years ago. UND, USD, and UNI also have it.

It's funny because the new NDSU practice facility has the new fancy stuff and it's nicer than the dome itself.

It is really easy to get injured on and gives you nasty carpet burn when you dive- but it's a fast surface.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            Band didn't make the trip a few years ago but I believe someone mentioned that they will be going up this year. Not sure what they will do
                            Stand outside!!
                            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                              Well you Bison fans know what the Bears' defensive coordinator is capable of. And his BFF Lovie won't fire him like the Bison AD did.
                              I'll gladly trade you Childress for Babich, but neither are great and your very lucky Lovie doesn't let Bob go anywhere near the bear's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                The Hub, formerly known as Playmakers, is huge and pretty sweet.
                                The Hub is sweet, should be rocking on Friday or Saturday night. OB and Sports Bar will be packed as well, but if your looking for a place to go before the game on Saturday I would check out Labby's on 19th Ave right by the Dome.

Comment

Working...
                                X