Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
    I'll gladly trade you Childress for Babich, but neither are great and your very lucky Lovie doesn't let Bob go anywhere near the bear's offense.
    That's a toss up. Maybe Chilly and Babich should go to Oakland. That organization may fit them well.

FYI, I did not know Babich led the Bison to the playoffs, but did he not lead them to a 3-8 or something (with a lot of injuries or something), which then brought along Bohl after Solich got canned by the Huskers?

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
      It's old school turf! It's the same stuff they had at the metrodome until a few years ago. UND, USD, and UNI also have it.

It's funny because the new NDSU practice facility has the new fancy stuff and it's nicer than the dome itself.

It is really easy to get injured on and gives you nasty carpet burn when you dive- but it's a fast surface.

Will be interesting to see how Minnet does on it. Seems cutting/speed type runners do well if they are used to it.

Comment

We need to run this play against the Bison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ynnn...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by lcbison View Post
          Just not turf in the state of North Dakota...once again sorry jackrabbit1979

But, on a serious note how is this true???....Are you speaking of Dakota Dome, Nebraska Omaha....who else had turf in the NCC????

O, and we do have field turf.....on Dacotah Field

Just because we haven't won up there, doesn't mean we haven't played well. There were some instances where it didn't ring true, but we have had some good offensive numbers up there. Our offense is built on speed which equates to good results on Turf - the old crappy turf particularly. The problem has always been NDSU was just that much better on turf because of their option attack in the 90's and recently NDSU's excellent QB and LB play. I think this year we have the edge in speed on O, especially at WR and QB play. That will be the difference in my opinion.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
            Will be interesting to see how Minnet does on it. Seems cutting/speed type runners do well if they are used to it.
            He'll be the same old Minnet putting Bison on their backs. I think he is going to have a solid game which will be the key to opening up the passing game for Berry, Harris, and Co..

The game will be won at the line and from what I've been told by those at the SIU game we doiminated the line even though we didn't get the W!

This is OUR TIME!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. I really hope you guys bring alot of fans up here, makes for a way better atmosphere. If I was a Rabbit fan, I wouldn't miss this game. I think going to road games are more fun than home games, although the 2 road games I went to this year (WYO, UNI) the Bison lost so that sucked. So I'm glad ya'll can't bring those frikkin' bells with you, wow those are annoying. Almost as bad as the drum they pound on in between every at bat at Cleveland Indians games. This one is going to be a slugfest. Can't really call it. I've seen the Bison play like a #1 caliber team at home and an average team at home. I think our crowd gets loud but I'm not really sure if it has or had any affect on the opposing team, like false starts or timeouts because of audibles not being heard. I guess the only real thing to go on, is the fact that ya'll can't seem to win in Fargo. Maybe that will change, who knows. I'm not sure if Roehl was %100 last year after the first quarter ankle thing and I'm not even sure he's %100 right now. Not to take anything away from your D last year, that was pretty tenacious. That Jimmy Rogers kid is sure fun to watch, seems like he's around the ball on every play. I know the herd have had trouble stopping mobile QB's so Berry running on 3rd and long for 1st downs could happen all day. Guess I could go on all day about matchups, but I won't. Would really like to get that rock back. See you guys at the game. GO BISON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
                Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. I really hope you guys bring alot of fans up here, makes for a way better atmosphere. If I was a Rabbit fan, I wouldn't miss this game. I think going to road games are more fun than home games, although the 2 road games I went to this year (WYO, UNI) the Bison lost so that sucked. So I'm glad ya'll can't bring those frikkin' bells with you, wow those are annoying. Almost as bad as the drum they pound on in between every at bat at Cleveland Indians games. This one is going to be a slugfest. Can't really call it. I've seen the Bison play like a #1 caliber team at home and an average team at home. I think our crowd gets loud but I'm not really sure if it has or had any affect on the opposing team, like false starts or timeouts because of audibles not being heard. I guess the only real thing to go on, is the fact that ya'll can't seem to win in Fargo. Maybe that will change, who knows. I'm not sure if Roehl was %100 last year after the first quarter ankle thing and I'm not even sure he's %100 right now. Not to take anything away from your D last year, that was pretty tenacious. That Jimmy Rogers kid is sure fun to watch, seems like he's around the ball on every play. I know the herd have had trouble stopping mobile QB's so Berry running on 3rd and long for 1st downs could happen all day. Guess I could go on all day about matchups, but I won't. Would really like to get that rock back. See you guys at the game. GO BISON!!!
                I wouldnt exactly call Berry a mobile quarterback

Comment

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...ile=111808sdsu

Good interview on KELO about the "Dakota Marker" Matchup and being out of Playoff Contention(which the reporter says SDSU is "officially out" of the playoff picture, which is wrong I believe, considering a win over NDSU gives the Jacks 7 wins and makes them playoff elligible).
                  Granted SDSU fans/coaches/players seem a little more level-headed about our chances with a win saturday than say....NDSU fans???
                  They also talk about the losses that SDSU took this year and all 4 FCS losses being ranked in the top 10 at the time and FBS Iowa State.

Push "play" to the right.

Go Jacks...Beat the Bison!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Hmmm. I thought he was, my bad. Well then, forget everything I said about Berry, 3rd and longs, and being mobile. Man I'm jacked up, this is going to be fun. Any idea how many Jacks fans are coming ?

Comment

Hmmm. I thought he was, my bad. Well then, forget everything I said about Berry, 3rd and longs, and being mobile. Man I'm jacked up, this is going to be fun. Any idea how many Jacks fans are coming ?
                      Not enough!!!

Comment

Well 2 years ago it seemed like there were quite a few of your kind there. The more the better. I think there are S.R.O. tickets still available. Another reason I like having fans from the other team there is wishing ya'll well on the long trip home after a loss.......Just like you guys got to do last year. What a bummer that was. Go Bison !!!

Comment

Well 2 years ago it seemed like there were quite a few of your kind there. The more the better. I think there are S.R.O. tickets still available. Another reason I like having fans from the other team there is wishing ya'll well on the long trip home after a loss.......Just like you guys got to do last year. What a bummer that was. Go Bison !!!
                          SRO is also sold out, checked last night

Comment

Four tickets available. Extra from our group. $85 (face value). PM me if ya want them.

Comment

Anyone else just not as jacked up for this game after the tough loss last week? I wouldn't be able to sit still if we had won last week and were playing for a share of the conference title, playoff implications and the Dakota Marker this weekend. I'm sure by Saturday I will feel different. Main thing is the players put last weeks loss behind them and are ready to go!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                                Four tickets available. Extra from our group. $85 (face value). PM me if ya want them.
                                Make sure you give them to Jacks fans

Comment

Working...
                                X