Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm not 100 % clear about the rule - do you need to declare if you're out of eligibility ?
    I doubt the NFL has a tweet requirement for entering the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

This scenario returns to Zimmer telling Jackrabbit fans that as a journalist he cannot be a friend of the program & be an objective person. Terry V seemed to achieve that status while providing great coverage. He had not been a researcher of the recruiting for the program since it may interfere with some of his other duties earlier at the Argus as well. That was not a huge issue since Westside[JI] filled that role. Zimmer does have some abilities for writing that are good. He must also realize that SDSU, Augie, & USF will sell more than covering USD who should hope Sioux City create more stories. Zimmer has self imposed a barrier with Jackrabbits and a result of that is not telling him everything he thinks he deserves. I am guessing he knows where more stories can be found since he is not ignorant. Zimmer seems to have moved to developing clickbait.
      Zim does a good job buy Terry V was great. Someone should tell Zim that he doesn't have to pretend to have some highminded journalistic integrity at Forum communications. See Kolpack, Izzo, McFeely et al.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Mark is an easy player to root for, and it would be saddening if he left, but I'd be more disappointed if Rogers left, and I'd probably hope that one of Zimmer's and Gaskin's other spaghetti strands (Stig returning as interim coach) would develop rather than Freund almost immediately becoming head coach
        I'm not sure why Zim would leak any news on a podcast when he's a reporter for a living. If he knew something, I would think he'd at least want to scoop it on twitter. Podcasts can be good and they also can be the host simply liking to hear themselves think.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

I doubt the NFL has a tweet requirement for entering the draft.
          Did I say that it had to be done on Twitter ? I asked if players have to declare if they have used up their eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

I'm not sure why Zim would leak any news on a podcast when he's a reporter for a living. If he knew something, I would think he'd at least want to scoop it on twitter. Podcasts can be good and they also can be the host simply liking to hear themselves think.
            It definitely had a different tenor than their other episodes. I wondered if it was mentioned largely so commentary could be offered on Rogers alleged refusal to address Freund rumors

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm not 100 % clear about the rule - do you need to declare if you're out of eligibility ?
              from an article on nfl.com
              "Any college player who has completed four years of college eligibility, as distinguished from those who had a redshirt year, will be considered eligible for the 2024 draft unless a player submits a request to not be considered for the draft to the league by Feb. 2."

the underclassmen special eligibility petition deadline is Jan 5th (soft) and Jan 15th (hard deadline)

Comment

Ryon Olson confirmed as new OC and retains O-line position.

Comment

Working...
                X