Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
    A poster on Reddit said he’s a legendary recruiter as well, so here’s hoping he lives up to the hype.

It has to be a gut punch for UND fans though. They seemed to think this guy was the HC in waiting and now he’s coming to Brookings while they are stuck with arguably the most mediocre coach in the FCS.

My guess is Freund did this because he saw the writing on the wall at UND that either he’s getting canned with Bubba after next season, or Bubba sticks around even longer and he remains OC.
    I'd say at least two other Valley coaches can give him a run for most mediocre, considering the number of transfers they get versus their playoff winning percentage. It would be interesting to see what would've happened if Schuster hadn't transferred.

Comment

Davis is a Coyote now. You can't undue that. Like the hire of OC from UND!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Davis is a Coyote now. You can't undue that. Like the hire of OC from UND!

SUPERBUNNY
        I have the same feelings about Davis as I did about Austin Hansen. Once you cross over to the dark side, there is no returning.

Comment

It seems to be taking a long time to announce something that was supposedly a done deal already on Monday. Are negotiations taking longer than expected, or has another suitor entered the picture ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            It seems to be taking a long time to announce something that was supposedly a done deal already on Monday. Are negotiations taking longer than expected, or has another suitor entered the picture ?
            Are you talking about Lujan or Freund? I was on the UND message board and they said Schweigert has given interviews since the announcement and he isn't a happy camper, so I'm guessing it's a done deal. Supposedly when Freund resigned UND tried to match the offer and he declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Are you talking about Lujan or Freund? I was on the UND message board and they said Schweigert has given interviews since the announcement and he isn't a happy camper, so I'm guessing it's a done deal. Supposedly when Freund resigned UND tried to match the offer and he declined.
              Lujan.It's a given that he's gone, but wondering if there's a question as to where.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Lujan.It's a given that he's gone, but wondering if there's a question as to where.
                Just read Zimmer's article and he questioned the same thing. I honestly wouldn't mind if he went somewhere else. It might give us a marginally better chance at keeping Mark.

Comment

Maybe Lujan is waiting to see who is hired at Bama?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Maybe Lujan is waiting to see who is hired at Bama?
                    There's a suggestion out there that the Alabama job is DeBoer's if he wants it and while it is highly doubtful the Alabama faithful would go in for an FCS coordinator, there is a scenario that's been floated that if DeBoer does go to Bama, and Grubb(sp?) is promoted to HC at Udub, that Lujan could take over as OC at Udub. Its as close to home as he could conceivably get in the P5. And Washington has an open QB spot...

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

There's a suggestion out there that the Alabama job is DeBoer's if he wants it and while it is highly doubtful the Alabama faithful would go in for an FCS coordinator, there is a scenario that's been floated that if DeBoer does go to Bama, and Grubb(sp?) is promoted to HC at Udub, that Lujan could take over as OC at Udub. Its as close to home as he could conceivably get in the P5. And Washington has an open QB spot...
                      I can't exact remember who, but I am fairly sure that Washington has already gotten a QB in the transfer portal.

Comment

I can't exact remember who, but I am fairly sure that Washington has already gotten a QB in the transfer portal.
                        WIll Rogers, formerly of Miss St.

Comment

Will DeBoer to Alabama have any ripples for Lujan?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Will DeBoer to Alabama have any ripples for Lujan?
                            If Washington hires anyone other than Ryan Grubb, he would likely follow DeBoer to Alabama.
                            Last edited by bigticket1; 01-12-2024, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Rogers re-entered the portal.

Comment

If you haven’t yet, go give Zimmer and Gaskins pod from this last week a listen.

Zimmer gave a very doom and gloom outlook on people leaving SDSU.

He had nothing confirmed, but wondered if Iowa was in the mix for Lujan, Rogers in consideration for Bama DC (this seems like a stretch), and he even seems to think the UND coach we brought in could have been brought in to be the head coach.

He also says he thinks Mark is leaving.

It’s a tough listen for SDSU fans but probably a good reality check.

Comment

Working...
                                X