No announcement yet.

Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll guess Jake Menage, Ryan Olson or a fresh candidate from the outside will be the new OC. Josh Davis was passed over for the job in the past. I don't know why the Jacks would want to bring him back. Lots of good candidates will be interested in the job.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I agree. No hard feelings if I happens, and a very intriguing prospect to look forward to.
      So, Chase has two more years?? That will be it?? If Mark stays, I would have to assume Chase gets more involved in the offense?? I wouldn’t imagine he would be happy to just have 1 year of being the starter in 2025 w/o being a lot more involved in 2024! I’m guessing as of now he is the heir apparent!!??

Comment

I think he has 3 years doesn't he?
        he didn't lose a year at NE I wouldn't think, and last year was medical redshirt.
        Also did he even play in more than 4 games this year? If not , it wouldn't count either would it?

Comment

UND OC… SDSU OC or position coach??

https://x.com/tommillergf/status/174...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

It will be interesting to find that out. Wouldn' t think it would make sense financially to go from a coordinator to a position coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It will be interesting to find that out. Wouldn' t think it would make sense financially to go from a coordinator to a position coach.
              Olson made $98,500 last year as the OL coach and run game coordinator. Freund made $86,000 as the OC at UND. So even if he is just a position coach it would be a pay increase.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Judging by the UND board he must be a solid coach, they are pretty livid about losing him and keeping Bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Olson made $98,500 last year as the OL coach and run game coordinator. Freund made $86,000 as the OC at UND. So even if he is just a position coach it would be a pay increase.
                  I thought I saw he was replacing Lujan as OC.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                    Judging by the UND board he must be a solid coach, they are pretty livid about losing him and keeping Bubba.
                    Sounds like a "reverse Rogers" situation, with them losing their potential heir apparent. Imagine their angst if Bubba's tenure ends after next season.

Judging by his bio, he's about the same age as Jimmy, although I don't think they ever played against each other due to UND's conference affiliation during Rogers' playing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Plus, ND's state income tax could serve to make what initially seems a marginally better salary at SDSU more enticing.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I thought I saw he was replacing Lujan as OC.
                        Someone on the UND board heard that he will be QB coach, and that the Jacks are naming the new OC tomorrow. Don't positions have to be posted if they are not internal promotions ?

Comment

Do we get any players to follow him? Sounds like things are in shambles in Grand Forks. Would be fun to get an all-conference receiver for a year to sure up one of our unknowns for next year.

Comment

Tweets saying he'll replace Lujan - Adam Rittenberg ESPN and John Brice FootballScoop. Tom Miller from the Grand Forks Herald who broke the news retweeted Rittenberg saying "FWIW, unsure on Freund’s title. It’s possible he will be a co-OC which is why my story is vague."

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Someone on the UND board heard that he will be QB coach, and that the Jacks are naming the new OC tomorrow. Don't positions have to be posted if they are not internal promotions ?
                              Not sure that's a requirement if the position is classified as non-faculty exempt (NFE).

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Sounds like a "reverse Rogers" situation, with them losing their potential heir apparent. Imagine their angst if Bubba's tenure ends after next season.

Judging by his bio, he's about the same age as Jimmy, although I don't think they ever played against each other due to UND's conference affiliation during Rogers' playing career.
                                A poster on Reddit said he’s a legendary recruiter as well, so here’s hoping he lives up to the hype.

It has to be a gut punch for UND fans though. They seemed to think this guy was the HC in waiting and now he’s coming to Brookings while they are stuck with arguably the most mediocre coach in the FCS.

My guess is Freund did this because he saw the writing on the wall at UND that either he’s getting canned with Bubba after next season, or Bubba sticks around even longer and he remains OC.

Comment

Working...
                                X