Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

It’s official that Zach is taking the OC position at Northwestern. He’s earned it and congrats to him. He has a bright future and will always be a Jack.

With that said, who do we think his replacement will be or who would you like to see?

The four names that come to mind that have SDSU ties:
    Ryan Olson - SDSU Oline / Run Game Coordinator
    Josh Davis - USD OC
    Luke Schleusner - Idaho OC
    Eric Eidness - NIU OC (had play calling removed and they are looking for “a different role’ for him)

Zim tweeted that he thinks it will be Olson, Menage or a combination of the two.

Menage coached under Eidness at Northern Illinois for three years (WR, TE) and was OC at Northwestern (NAIA) for one year and they won the Natty that year. He took over that role from Josh Davis.

Comment

now that the Lujan move is official, anyone want to speculate any further about our QB?

did you all see the post game interviews? if Mark has something even remotely on his mind about Nwestern or anywhere else, he is attempting to pull off a serious Jedi mind trick on everyone. seems like he is very intent on coming back and going for ring #3.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        now that the Lujan move is official, anyone want to speculate any further about our QB?

did you all see the post game interviews? if Mark has something even remotely on his mind about Nwestern or anywhere else, he is attempting to pull off a serious Jedi mind trick on everyone. seems like he is very intent on coming back and going for ring #3.
        The buzz in Frisco was that they are both gone. Friend I was with got a text from well placed source post game confirming. But until we hear it from Mark, there's hope.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I like the line of thinking, but it's tricky for him to navigate regardless. His "out" can be that now is the perfect time to hand the reins to Mason and prospectively give him multiple years as a starter

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            It’s official that Zach is taking the OC position at Northwestern. He’s earned it and congrats to him. He has a bright future and will always be a Jack.

With that said, who do we think his replacement will be or who would you like to see?

The four names that come to mind that have SDSU ties:
            Ryan Olson - SDSU Oline / Run Game Coordinator
            Josh Davis - USD OC
            Luke Schleusner - Idaho OC
            Eric Eidness - NIU OC (had play calling removed and they are looking for “a different role’ for him)
            Almost feel bad for Davis; if he'd have been able to stay another season, the job could've likely been his.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Almost feel bad for Davis; if he'd have been able to stay another season, the job could've likely been his.
              There's scuttlebutt out there that Jimmy was pretty PO'd about Davis going to JSD and a reunion unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

There's scuttlebutt out there that Jimmy was pretty PO'd about Davis going to JSD and a reunion unlikely.
                Zimmer has alluded to folks being upset during a couple podcasts. He never specified who, but it'd be understandable if members of the Jacks' staff would be.

My statement wasn't implying that I thought Davis had a shot now as much as it was he likely would have, had he stayed another year.

Comment

Seems like a win-win for us.

We get an elite OC and USD loses one!

Comment

Pete Sterbick is a name to keep an eye on.
                    USD Fan

Comment

I like the line of thinking, but it's tricky for him to navigate regardless. His "out" can be that now is the perfect time to hand the reins to Mason and prospectively give him multiple years as a starter
                      i agree with the idea that if he has some misgiving or even guilt, if those things are possible in the current world, he can tell himself and others that he is leaving the QB position in good hands. my point is more that Mark is a very smart kid. probably more than capable of remembering the Janke postgame interviews last year when they were asked and confirmed they would be back. if he had ANY thoughts of leaving, i believe he would have been smart enough to think about an answer. something like i just want to enjoy this moment celebrating with the guys after everything we have done this year. i will start thinking about the future soon.

but the first time asked, he said, "lets bring it back, lets go." second time, "lets get another one" i would not say those are totally saying he is in, but like i said, if he is thinking about going they are gonna seem pretty intentionally deceptive from a guy who has been totally mr integrity and character

i guess i can just keep saying what i have been saying. i really doubt he is leaving but i fully know i can be wrong. time will tell, and we will see

Comment

I know losing Mark would suck enormously, he’s arguably the greatest player in program history, but another part of me is excited to see what Mason can do as the starter. Dude is a freak athlete and no reason to think he can’t be a star as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                          I know losing Mark would suck enormously, he’s arguably the greatest player in program history, but another part of me is excited to see what Mason can do as the starter. Dude is a freak athlete and no reason to think he can’t be a star as well.
                          I agree. No hard feelings if I happens, and a very intriguing prospect to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I agree. No hard feelings if I happens, and a very intriguing prospect to look forward to.
                            The turnover is part of the enjoyment of college sports. Or at least it used to be before penalty free transfers. But it's hard to fault a guy that's been here for four years of he wants to test his metal at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                              But it's hard to fault a guy that's been here for four years of he wants to test his metal at a higher level.
                              This is where I'm at. Mark's given us 4 years and has or will graduate. Feels different than a guy leaving after 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X