No announcement yet.

Lujan to Northwestern - OC Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be very surprised if Mark is our starting QB next year.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      If you haven’t yet, go give Zimmer and Gaskins pod from this last week a listen.

Zimmer gave a very doom and gloom outlook on people leaving SDSU.

He had nothing confirmed, but wondered if Iowa was in the mix for Lujan, Rogers in consideration for Bama DC (this seems like a stretch), and he even seems to think the UND coach we brought in could have been brought in to be the head coach.

He also says he thinks Mark is leaving.

It’s a tough listen for SDSU fans but probably a good reality check.
      I'm with you on the doom and gloom, but this struck me as a spaghetti podcast, not in the sense of a Leone-type Western but more in the sense that they tossed out "theories" in effort to see which would stick in the light of day in coming weeks and months.

For instance, the basis for the Freund as Jacks head coach theory was largely Rogers' refusal to give Zimmer the details on Freund's hire in response to a text from Zimmer. Sure, their theory could be true, but it could also be that Freund hadn't actually signed his contract, and Rogers didn't want to go on the record until that happened, Olson, Rogers, and Freund formalized the new coordinating scheme, etc.

Keep in mind that the same folks were downplaying DeBoer ever going to 'Bama.

Comment

Welp. Lujan with the new Twitter profile picture.

NU confirmed.

Best of luck Coach! Thanks for everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm with you on the doom and gloom, but this struck me as a spaghetti podcast, not in the sense of a Leone-type Western but more in the sense that they tossed out "theories" in effort to see which would stick in the light of day in coming weeks and months.

For instance, the basis for the Freund as Jacks head coach theory was largely Rogers' refusal to give Zimmer the details on Freund's hire in response to a text from Zimmer. Sure, their theory could be true, but it could also be that Freund hadn't actually signed his contract, and Rogers didn't want to go on the record until that happened, Olson, Rogers, and Freund formalized the new coordinating scheme, etc.

Keep in mind that the same folks were downplaying DeBoer ever going to 'Bama.
          And so goes the world of podcast[social media] where many responsible persons do not tread with "ideas" on only an intuition of facts. If you throw enough darts at the wall, you may find a target. Who may have guessed at the final gun of the Michigan/Washington game DeBoer was headed to Alabama? You may have landed a sportswriter gig for SI for that scoop.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Welp. Lujan with the new Twitter profile picture.

NU confirmed.

Best of luck Coach! Thanks for everything!!
            Wonder if he'll still be there when Jacks visit Evanston in Sept. 2026

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

And so goes the world of podcast[social media] where many responsible persons do not tread with "ideas" on only an intuition of facts. If you throw enough darts at the wall, you may find a target. Who may have guessed at the final gun of the Michigan/Washington game DeBoer was headed to Alabama? You may have landed a sportswriter gig for SI for that scoop.
              It was my least favorite podcast episode of theirs, and that includes prior episodes that had increased 'Yote airtime.

Comment

If you haven’t yet, go give Zimmer and Gaskins pod from this last week a listen.

He had nothing confirmed, but wondered if Iowa was in the mix for Lujan, Rogers in consideration for Bama DC (this seems like a stretch), and he even seems to think the UND coach we brought in could have been brought in to be the head coach.

The Freund being brought in to be the next head coach was the one that really made me question if I had heard correctly. Whenever you hear both players and coaches talk about the strengths of this program, the culture always gets mentioned. Whenever we need our next head coach, I would be shocked if it isn't a promotion from within, or bringing back someone who has coached here previously. And their one thought that had me lol was Jimmy leaving now and Stig returning as a one year fill-in.

Comment

predicting SDSU teams to take a downfall is one of zimmer absolutely favorite things to do. he has done it MANY TIMES.

if Rodgers leaves the jacks i will quit posting here. i guarantee Jimmy Rodgers is not leaving

i will STILL be surprised if Mark leaves, but it seems pretty clear that it has become a very hard decision for him to be clear, obviously i have said it many times i dont expect Mark to go and i will be sad if he does, BUT i believe in Chase and believe we will be fine either way. if Chase is the starter, i believe our backup becomes significantly more important, because i believe Chase needs to be a significant part of the running game to be at his best

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

predicting SDSU teams to take a downfall is one of zimmer absolutely favorite things to do. he has done it MANY TIMES.

if Rodgers leaves the jacks i will quit posting here. i guarantee Jimmy Rodgers is not leaving

i will STILL be surprised if Mark leaves, but it seems pretty clear that it has become a very hard decision for him to be clear, obviously i have said it many times i dont expect Mark to go and i will be sad if he does, BUT i believe in Chase and believe we will be fine either way. if Chase is the starter, i believe our backup becomes significantly more important, because i believe Chase needs to be a significant part of the running game to be at his best
                    Mark is an easy player to root for, and it would be saddening if he left, but I'd be more disappointed if Rogers left, and I'd probably hope that one of Zimmer's and Gaskin's other spaghetti strands (Stig returning as interim coach) would develop rather than Freund almost immediately becoming head coach

Comment

This probably isn't the place for this question...has Zach Heins declared for the draft? I haven't seen anything, but I have had a lot going on lately and haven't kept up as much as I would like. I would like to see him get a shot as a TE or a tackle.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Mark is an easy player to root for, and it would be saddening if he left, but I'd be more disappointed if Rogers left, and I'd probably hope that one of Zimmer's and Gaskin's other spaghetti strands (Stig returning as interim coach) would develop rather than Freund almost immediately becoming head coach
                        i have never seen or heard a single thing about Mark that does not make me love cheering for him and yes my biggest reasons for not wanting him to go have nothing to do with Ws and Ls. i fully believe the Jacks will be totally fine with Chase as the starter

i will not even consider for a second the idea of Jimmy leaving. it is NOT POSSIBLE

you and OH are 100% correct on zim just throwing crap against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          This probably isn't the place for this question...has Zach Heins declared for the draft? I haven't seen anything, but I have had a lot going on lately and haven't kept up as much as I would like. I would like to see him get a shot as a TE or a tackle.
                          I'm not 100 % clear about the rule - do you need to declare if you're out of eligibility ?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i have never seen or heard a single thing about Mark that does not make me love cheering for him and yes my biggest reasons for not wanting him to go have nothing to do with Ws and Ls. i fully believe the Jacks will be totally fine with Chase as the starter

i will not even consider for a second the idea of Jimmy leaving. it is NOT POSSIBLE

you and OH are 100% correct on zim just throwing crap against the wall.
                            This scenario returns to Zimmer telling Jackrabbit fans that as a journalist he cannot be a friend of the program & be an objective person. Terry V seemed to achieve that status while providing great coverage. He had not been a researcher of the recruiting for the program since it may interfere with some of his other duties earlier at the Argus as well. That was not a huge issue since Westside[JI] filled that role. Zimmer does have some abilities for writing that are good. He must also realize that SDSU, Augie, & USF will sell more than covering USD who should hope Sioux City create more stories. Zimmer has self imposed a barrier with Jackrabbits and a result of that is not telling him everything he thinks he deserves. I am guessing he knows where more stories can be found since he is not ignorant. Zimmer seems to have moved to developing clickbait.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm not 100 % clear about the rule - do you need to declare if you're out of eligibility ?
                              Yea, I don't know either. It just seems like the other guys all put out a tweet or something saying they were available to draft.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                I'd be very surprised if Mark is our starting QB next year.
                                I like the fact that he's still an SDSU student but one has to assume that the Gronowski camp reaches out to JI or whomever it was that came out hard after the eronious hometown newspaper quote about returning to SDSU next year to clear the air. Sure, maybe he hasn't made up his mind, but if he goes, it's a bad look if there's a quote out there saying he's coming back and he ultimately decides to leave, that's a real bad look. The fact that he wanted that cleared up right away means he's at least considering leaving. My guess is he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X