Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Add Devon Cole to this list. Sounded like a lot of people were impressed with him last year.
    Jeez, you scared me at first that he jumped in the portal. whew!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• Jacks get a WR/KR transfer from Colorado State. http://www.twitter.com/KyOdayJr/stat...50943748411392 Has 4 years of eligibility. Looks like he injured his ankle during freshman year. Won the 400 m state title in Colorado as a senior, 2nd in the 100 and 5th in the 200.
      Last edited by bigticket1; 05-15-2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• The Jacks recently made a couple of interesting and helpful additions for next season. Kaydon Olivia is a long snapper from Texas State, and Marcus Preston is a receiver from UND - yes, the UND in Grand Forks. They're experienced players who definitely should help fill gaps. I wonder if the addition of a full-time, special teams coordinator to the coaching staff played a big role in adding a long snapper. Good, dependable long snappers are valuable. And the Jacks definitely needed depth at wide receiver.
        This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The Jacks recently made a couple of interesting and helpful additions for next season. Kaydon Olivia is a long snapper from Texas State, and Marcus Preston is a receiver from UND - yes, the UND in Grand Forks. They're experienced players who definitely should help fill gaps. I wonder if the addition of a full-time, special teams coordinator to the coaching staff played a big role in adding a long snapper. Good, dependable long snappers are valuable. And the Jacks definitely needed depth at wide receiver.
          JI had posted that our current long snapper had to retire due to injuries, which was the reason for the addition of Kaydon Olivia.

Comment

• I like the added depth that has seen snaps and could play right away.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• https://x.com/djohnson4_/status/1727...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

He looked good in the spring game but I never saw him in the fall. Any insight?

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                https://x.com/djohnson4_/status/1727...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

He looked good in the spring game but I never saw him in the fall. Any insight?
                WOW this feels like a big bummer. i am sure we will be fine with johnson and johnson returning as well as other talented players who have not had much opportunity yet, but i honestly felt like he had a chance to pass angel j. next year and become next years 1b to Amar j. 1a

i feel pretty certain that there has been good communication between DJ and the coaches and they tried to give him the best possible advice on his place on next years depth chart and his role on the team, before he made this decision. that said, this feels like one of the biggest transfer losses we have had, in terms of players who had a chance to have a significant role for the jacks going forward

he looked great in the spring game, which makes that spring game injury a giant bummer, because it looked like he had a shot to even get some time this year and that injury wiped that out and seemingly pushed him down the depth chart

i am very sad to see DJ go, but definitely hope he lands in a spot where he has a chance to fulfill his football goals and also continue to grow as a person and student!! hopefully he does not land somewhere that too painful to us- ala ndsu, usd, or any other top 2024 MVFC contender, but i wish him the best regardless!!

Comment

• Four Holy Cross players (including Sluka and LB Dobbs) entered transfer portal earlier in week with Chesney rumored coaching candidate at Syracuse

Comment

• https://x.com/_kadenbrown_/status/17...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

Anyone ever figure out why he never really joined the team?

Comment

https://x.com/_kadenbrown_/status/17...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

Looks like Rogers, Lujan and Bobbit are still following him on Twitter, so maybe there's a chance we see him again in Brookings in a couple of years. He showed a unique skill set in his HS film.

Comment

At the time this fall I thought I heard he had to retire due to injury? Surprised to see he is still playing.

Comment

The CC route traditionally would suggest grades. Is gray-shirting still a thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post

The CC route traditionally would suggest grades. Is gray-shirting still a thing?
                            I don't think that he would ever have been admitted here if grades were an issue. Since he hasn't played for a year, he may be going to a CC so he can play for a year rather than likely redshirting and sitting another season at a 4 year school. If his grades aren't a problem, he can transfer and be eligible right away after one year of CC. With 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I don't think that he would ever have been admitted here if grades were an issue. Since he hasn't played for a year, he may be going to a CC so he can play for a year rather than likely redshirting and sitting another season at a 4 year school. If his grades aren't a problem, he can transfer and be eligible right away after one year of CC. With 3 years of eligibility remaining.
                              Slightly different scenario due to talent levels, but similar to Andrew Van Ginkel from a few years ago. 2014 Graduate of Boyden Hull/Rock Volley. 2014 Redshirt at USD. 2015 1st Team ALL MVFC at USD. 2016 Iowa Western CC rather than sitting out a year. 2017, 2018 played at Wisconsin. 2019 - Present - Miami Dolphins.

Comment

• Has there been any news about Gronowski returning? I remember someone saying he got accepted into the engineering grad school so it seemed like he should be staying.

I know the Huskers are looking for a QB, whether or not they’d target Gronowski though I have no idea. I do think Cam Miller on the other hand would be a great fit in Lincoln if he hits the portal.

Comment

Working...
                                X