NCAA FCS Championship - Semifinals @ Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peavy View Post
    I'm not a fan of all the early QB comparisons for Touchdown Tommy with just two starts under his belt. The color guy on Saturday suggested Taysom Hill. Hill, Tebow, Streveler all have something in common. Like others have mentioned, I guess we'll have to see how he handles passes outside of the fade. Saturday was his first game without significant wind, and I'm sure it'll be another windy one in Bozeman this Saturday.

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to WestSideRabbit or anyone else who has been making comparisons. I just think it's a disservice to the freshman to be lumped with that group before the cat is out of the bag. Maybe it's because the other guys that I can think of that would fit that mold and aren't named Jeff Garcia are Hall of Famers.
    No offense taken. He's not Tebow. That was maybe more hyperbole about how the announcers were drooling on Saturday night.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm not a fan of all the early QB comparisons for Touchdown Tommy with just two starts under his belt. The color guy on Saturday suggested Taysom Hill. Hill, Tebow, Streveler all have something in common. .
      Always nice to be compared to NFL players and a Heisman, you must be doing something right. But it's not like this is a great list of QB's (when considering their NFL careers).

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Congrats on making it to the semis. You guys have been quite the road warriors. Villanova put up more of a fight than I expected...although the outcome and spread was about what I thought it would be...just figured there would be less points overall.
        Thank you!

We have one more game to (try to) win before we would get time to regroup. If Strong can play, that will help. Going to Montana State will not be easy but the rest should make them better prepared for Frisco. That would give them a 3 week break to get rested and healthier. The long road trips playing good teams 3 weeks in a row will wear on you. On top of that, it will be 13 weeks without a off week. I'm not saying that SDSU will win in Frisco but the rest should help.

First they need; one or less TO's, less that 50 yards in penalties and don't outsmart yourselves (run the dang ball!!). If they do those things, I like SDSU chances.
        I might be underestimating Montana State's run defense but I think I heard that we would not run against Sam Houston last year in the championship game, I heard how Colorado State had a great run defense, I heard the same thing about NDSU and Sacramento State.
        UNI did shut SDSU down but they did not have Davis for that game. I think they will be better now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          UNI did shut SDSU down but they did not have Davis for that game. I think they will be better now.
          Without question UNI was the best defense SDSU, and a few other teams, went against this season. I do agree Davis could've made a significant difference. IMHO, MSU's offense is more of a worry than their defense.

You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Here's a short, feel-good article on Montana State's qb who has understandably risen to fame these past two weeks in Bozeman. It was posted to both the Bobcat and AGS message boards.
            https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-...thing-special/

Comment

Here's a short, feel-good article on Montana State's qb who has understandably risen to fame these past two weeks in Bozeman. It was posted to both the Bobcat and AGS message boards.
              https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-...thing-special/
              Touchdown Tommy seems like a good dude. I wish him the best, just not this Saturday.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think this game against Montana State is truly a coin flip game. Its going to come down to the old cliché who ever can win the TO battle and penalties will make the difference. I do like our run game against this defense with PS2 and Davis but I don't foresee many runs to the house. Will need to sustain long drives like last week. I think the toughest thing to plan for is there offense since there is only 2 true games to go bye with 16 as QB. I think if we can limit Mon States big plays and not give them short fields our defense and contain there offense. I'm going 28-20 Jacks
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

This is a game where jumping out to an early lead would be huge. They are similar to NDSU in their ability to play from behind (not east as a run first team with a young QB) and it would take some of the edge off that crowd. Going into half with a two touchdown lead will be a tall task, but that would be a taller task for MSU to come back from in my opinion.

Comment

If my quick research and math on this is right...
                    This will be SDSU's 15th game this fall. Going back a few years, the previous season highs were 14 in 2014, 2017. This will be their 25th game this calendar year, the last 10 months (Feb 19, 2021 @ UNI to now). Counting this week, in the last 4 weeks SDSU will have played in every time zone. Counting this week, in the last 3 weeks SDSU will have traveled from Brookings to Sacramento to Brookings to Philadelphia to Brookings to Bozeman to Brookings. I believe I saw somewhere that it was 4,600 miles of travel.
                    At some point, that is going to wear on them physically and mentally. Hopefully that starts on January 9 after returning from Texas. From a football/strength/conditioning standpoint, this upcoming off season I'd imagine has got to look completely different from a normal one.

Comment

I’m sure the team is feeling the travel by now and the 25 games. I also think, at this point, they have one game left before getting a long bye. If the fatigue were going to impact them, I think it would have hurt more last week, still in the middle of the run, than now at the end. They have to dig deep and play their best game, but they can play loose knowing they’ll be rewarded with a bye if they win. I don’t expect us to look tired on Saturday.

I will say though, this will be the most hostile road crowd these guys have played against since probably the NDSU semi-final in 2018. The gopher game in 2019, the half full Dakota dome in 2019, the spring 2021 Fargo dome, and Colorado State are all probably behind Bobcat stadium this Saturday in intensity. They will have to feed off that energy and take the crowd out of it.

Comment

An effective power running game is the best weapon against a hostile crowd. Frustrate them 3-to-4 yards at a time. I hope the OL has the energy for one more herculean effort in that department.

Comment

Jason Eck seems to be the favorite to land the Idaho head coach position.

https://t.co/1ETcCZn8mD

Comment

I think it’s 50/50 whether or not we will win this game but have made all my Frisco reservations and ticket purchases anyway. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I think it’s 50/50 whether or not we will win this game but have made all my Frisco reservations and ticket purchases anyway. Anyone else?
                              I reserved our hotel in September and we got our flights reserved this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I reserved our hotel in September and we got our flights reserved this week.
                                I prefer not to put the rabbit in front of the carrot. However, it is possible that I reserved a very good numbers of rooms at 2 different hotels in May for Jan 8th.

Comment

Working...
                                X