No announcement yet.

NCAA FCS Championship - Semifinals @ Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Dakota State turned in a strong second half Saturday afternoon to down Villanova, 35-21, and return to the Football Championship Subdivision semifinals for the fourth time in five seasons. The Jackrabbits, who tied a single-season school record for victories, improved to 11-3 overall and will face No. 8 Montana State in semifinal action this Saturday (Dec. 18). Kickoff is slated for noon Mountain Time (1 p.m. Central) at Bobcat Stadium in Bozeman, Montana.

South Dakota State Athletics has access to a limited number of tickets for the semifinal game in Bozeman, Montana. Fans may purchase up to eight (8) of those tickets at $20/ticket. To purchase, contact the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 605-688-5422, which is open 9 AM until 5 PM. To order from this allotment, you must place your order by 4 PM on Wednesday, December 15th.

GAME TIME: Saturday, December 18th - 12:00 MT

PRICE: $20/ticket, section124

DEADLINE: Wednesday, December 15th at 4:00 PM CT

TO PURCHASE: contact the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 605-688-5422
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      One thing I'll be watching is the Bobcats' mid- and short-range passing game. They didn't do much of that against SHSU. When they did, Touchdown Tommy did OK, but it didn't happen much. Most of his passes were longer routes. If they get that going, it opens up a lot of options for them.
      Bobcat fans will be watching for that also, to tell the truth we just don't know, and Tommy is new enough behind center we don't know what the coaches will put in the game plan. I will say that I think those types of plays were not in the SHSU game plan due to the defense presented more than anything else. If you do like SHSU did and put 8 in the box and play cover 0 then we will probably throw to the sidelines to one on one matchups again

Comment

The big difference for Montana State is they will no longer be the underdog. They had nothing to lose at Sam Houston, and they played like it. But now the pressure will be on their backs - all of Bozeman will be fawning over them all week, and rightfully so. I remember the first few times the Jacks made the semi's and went into them playing extremely well, but then didn't perform up to that level. The advantage they have is playing at home, but the Jacks have played on enough big stages to not let that get into their heads. I think the loss in Frisco left a bad taste that the Jacks want to erase, and I believe they have a good chance to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          The big difference for Montana State is they will no longer be the underdog. They had nothing to lose at Sam Houston, and they played like it. But now the pressure will be on their backs - all of Bozeman will be fawning over them all week, and rightfully so. I remember the first few times the Jacks made the semi's and went into them playing extremely well, but then didn't perform up to that level. The advantage they have is playing at home, but the Jacks have played on enough big stages to not let that get into their heads. I think the loss in Frisco left a bad taste that the Jacks want to erase, and I believe they have a good chance to do that.
          Anyone see a line yet? Will we be favored again?

Comment

This will be the Jackrabbits toughest task yet.

As it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Anyone see a line yet? Will we be favored again?
              The Jacks are 6 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Valid points.

This team went to the Semifinals in Fargo in 2019, They have been using that as motivation since. They went through an off year together and are a very close group that seems pretty level headed and doesn't get too high or low. Jacks are the favorites based on the odds makers. Its all or nothing, like our young QB said in the postgame interview, "we are playing with house money". I think that attitude still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

The Jacks are 6 point favorites.
                  I saw they are 6 point dogs. Either way, the futures line is crazy! Going to be a long week.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats2506 View Post

Valid points.

This team went to the Semifinals in Fargo in 2019, They have been using that as motivation since. They went through an off year together and are a very close group that seems pretty level headed and doesn't get too high or low. Jacks are the favorites based on the odds makers. Its all or nothing, like our young QB said in the postgame interview, "we are playing with house money". I think that attitude still stands.

I’d argue that both teams think they’re playing with house money and it’s an all in mentality. For the Jacks, they get a bye with the win. Something they didn’t even have going into the spring Championship.

This game will rely every bit as much on the Jacks depth as it does their talent.

Comment

Jason Eck a finalist for the Idaho head coaching job.

https://t.co/jxqz0hhHlZ

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Jason Eck a finalist for the Idaho head coaching job.

https://t.co/jxqz0hhHlZ
                        I have heard a rumor about that on the MSU board Saturday night, then checked the Vandal board to confirm. I hope no matter what he does, he doesn’t leave before the championship, should we make it that far. I also wonder what this means in stig’s retirement timeline. I think Eck would be a front runner to replace Stig here too, so he may know that Stig isn’t retiring after this season or the next.

Comment

I saw that the Bobcats are 6 point favorites. The way they looked Saturday and at home, they will be tough to beat. I REALLY wish I was going.

Also: NDSU is -5.5
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            I saw that the Bobcats are 6 point favorites. The way they looked Saturday and at home, they will be tough to beat. I REALLY wish I was going.

Also: NDSU is -5.5
                            Acrually, they are 6 point under dogs at home. We are road favorites again this week. I expect that line to move into the -3 to +3 range for the Jacks as the week goes on. Money will be pouring onto the MSU side.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I have heard a rumor about that on the MSU board Saturday night, then checked the Vandal board to confirm. I hope no matter what he does, he doesn’t leave before the championship, should we make it that far. I also wonder what this means in stig’s retirement timeline. I think Eck would be a front runner to replace Stig here too, so he may know that Stig isn’t retiring after this season or the next.
                              And if he is the guy, I sincerely hope they don't make it official until after we stop playing. We saw what happened with SHSU and Coach Carty this past week with distracted play.

Isn't it in Idaho's best interest to announce it before the early signing period date (Dec 15th) in terms of transfer portal stuff? Delaware's QB was in the portal and had offers from Hawaii, JMU, SHSU, La Tech, Uconn, etc before announcing today that he spoke with Carty and is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

I’d argue that both teams think they’re playing with house money and it’s an all in mentality. For the Jacks, they get a bye with the win. Something they didn’t even have going into the spring Championship.

This game will rely every bit as much on the Jacks depth as it does their talent.
                                You couldn't be more right about depth. I haven't watch all of MSU games yet, but they also pride themselves as being able to apply pressure with 4. Im not convinced the winner of this will be the team that "will" their gameplan on the other. Instead the winner may be who produces new wrinkles in the game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X