NCAA FCS Championship - Semifinals @ Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats2506 View Post

I love it, before the game everyone was saying that MSU was going to get smoked, afterwards they are "soft" Houston.

The truth is that Sam is "what we thought they were" and they got out coached in a huge way on both sides of the ball. The result of that game is less about Tommy and more about our coaching staff.
    Fair points...you have a quality coaching staff. Beating Sam Houston at Sam Houston in the playoffs (never been done before) is no small task. I'm just thinking SDSU is going to be a lot harder task...but you have them at home. And SDSU usually has one away game a year they fall apart in. Not sure if the USD one counts for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Fair points...you have a quality coaching staff. Beating Sam Houston at Sam Houston in the playoffs (never been done before) is no small task. I'm just thinking SDSU is going to be a lot harder task...but you have them at home. And SDSU usually has one away game a year they fall apart in. Not sure if the USD one counts for that.
      I wont argue those points, the Sammy game has little bearing on the SDSU game. SDSU is fighters and this year they are the "road warrior" team. The telling factor is how each defense handles the others run offense. SDSU is to good to shut down their run game, but if MSU can stop big plays and make them earn their way down the field I believe that they will make mistakes. If MSU can move the sticks with conventional defense alignment it will force SDSU to load the box and open up the pass game for Mellot.

All in all I think that the losing team will look back and be able to honestly say that turnovers are the key factor. Both teams are really good in this stat so it may only be an advantage of 1 turnover,

Comment

This is 100% a business trip for the Jacks. They are locked in and focused on getting back to Frisco. Having done that last year is a huge advantage for the Jacks. Certai9nly being at home is an advantage for MSU. A really big spot for their freshman quarterback to be thrown into but he has passed all the tests so far.

The Jacks find a way to get the W and advance.

Will be pulling for the Bison to advance to Frisco as well. It is time for the Jacks to take the final step and win it all. What better way to do it than beating the Bison in Frisco.

GBGBGJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Whats the weather situation for the game?

I dont think that will factor in as much since both teams are run first and strong defense up front. We have done well in bad weather football games so I dont see that being a problem.

Its also not like SHSU was coming down the home stretch just blowing teams away. I dont know but about Incarate word except the time NDSU destroyed them, but they easily could have won the previous game.

Same as last year. If we dont loose Grono or they lose Scmidt I think we win fairly easily. We know how close we were and I dont think this game is going to keep the team from finishing strong.

Also whats the injury report. Anyone out for sure? anyone back for sure? Seems secondary is hurtin, how are they this week?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Whats the weather situation for the game?

I dont think that will factor in as much since both teams are run first and strong defense up front. We have done well in bad weather football games so I dont see that being a problem.

Its also not like SHSU was coming down the home stretch just blowing teams away. I dont know but about Incarate word except the time NDSU destroyed them, but they easily could have won the previous game.

Same as last year. If we dont loose Grono or they lose Scmidt I think we win fairly easily. We know how close we were and I dont think this game is going to keep the team from finishing strong.

Also whats the injury report. Anyone out for sure? anyone back for sure? Seems secondary is hurtin, how are they this week?
            Not bad. http://www.twitter.com/AddisonDeHave...517571/photo/1

Comment

i still remember that horrible Mont Griz game where we dominated the 1st half and went to the locker room with a huge lead. It is far removed from conscious memory, but I still recall it as one of the biggest high to low games ever. I listened on the radio, was still working then and the second half was just horrendous, talk about bursting someone's bubble, it was just mind-blowing how fast they not only eradicated our seemingly dominant position, they crushed us in the meantime, not only passing us on the scoreboard, they kept going until it was a humiliating loss. Needless to say, playing in Mont makes me nervous, to say the least. Us winning this time around would go a long way to burying that game from memory permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                i still remember that horrible Mont Griz game where we dominated the 1st half and went to the locker room with a huge lead. It is far removed from conscious memory, but I still recall it as one of the biggest high to low games ever. I listened on the radio, was still working then and the second half was just horrendous, talk about bursting someone's bubble, it was just mind-blowing how fast they not only eradicated our seemingly dominant position, they crushed us in the meantime, not only passing us on the scoreboard, they kept going until it was a humiliating loss. Needless to say, playing in Mont makes me nervous, to say the least. Us winning this time around would go a long way to burying that game from memory permanently.
                Oh you had to go and bring that up did ya....

I like to think of our football team playing msu in snowy conditions with ZZ going strong and an impressive win.....thats the game in Montana i am going to think of.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Interested to learn whether rumor Ifanse won't play is true (earlier in the show Jason Walker mentions Huskers using NIL to help poach Grizz's punter Buschini, and allegedly pursuing Ifanse)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    Interested to learn whether rumor Ifanse won't play is true (earlier in the show Jason Walker mentions Huskers using NIL to help poach Grizz's punter Buschini, and allegedly pursuing Ifanse)
                    Just another reason to dislike Frost and the Huskers even more.

Comment

Im more concerned if Strong will be able to play. If we have both Strong and Davis, That could be a long night trying to stop them with just the front 4. If they combine for 35 carries, we probably win. if we pass 35 times we probably loose. I would like to see a Safety or Bock shadow their QB just so we don't over pursue on the pass defense and let him break containment. Anyway, I am stuck at work so will have to listen on the radio since wont be available on ESPN+.

Comment

TLDW: 3:46-6:47 Montana fan accused Nebraska of talking to punter a while ago. punter said he wasn't developed by UM/nor did he enjoy his time there/wasn't treated well. 'Close source' said Nebraska banker created NIL for the punter. Podcast guy says Scott Frost targets fcs players and lets business owners do the rest of the work. said deal was made a while ago. "Apparently they're trying to get Isaiah Ifanse as well." 25:52 Later, podcast guy asked ABC/Fox MT Sports Reporter Alex Eschelman about Ifanse not playing and she said MSU coach said Chase/Ty/Troy (she didn't mention Ifanse) were all 'day-to-day' and she said that everyone plays beat up. 34:50 Podcast guy brings up him hearing Ifanse not playing again, and reporter replied that she hadn't heard it. said "it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't 100%"

regarding the NIL stuff that's just how it's going to be from here on out. If a player is offered any sort of money to go to a FBS school over an FCS school, what incentive is there for them to stay at the FCS school? If they're getting a $50k NIL, how do you top that? I'm sure everyone has heard about Travis Hunter jumping ship from Florida State to FCS Jackson State by now, but that and NILs is probably a better discussion for the off-season

Edit: after some reflection the nil bit was too hot of a take and I think if anything it would only apply to say a Payton/Rice/etc award winner getting an offer from a p5 school. Even the UM fans didn't think a kicker of all positions would be offered a nil
                        Last edited by peavy; 12-18-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Im more concerned if Strong will be able to play. If we have both Strong and Davis, That could be a long night trying to stop them with just the front 4. If they combine for 35 carries, we probably win. if we pass 35 times we probably loose. I would like to see a Safety or Bock shadow their QB just so we don't over pursue on the pass defense and let him break containment. Anyway, I am stuck at work so will have to listen on the radio since wont be available on ESPN+.
                          Could watch on Espn App w/Sling TV trial, but be sure to add Sports On Demand so you have EspnNews in case basketball airing earlier preempts Jacks airing on Espn2.

Speaking of Espn2, Barrett Brooks referred to NDSU as "South Dakota State"

Comment

Originally posted by Cats2506 View Post

I love it, before the game everyone was saying that MSU was going to get smoked, afterwards they are "soft" Houston.

The truth is that Sam is "what we thought they were" and they got out coached in a huge way on both sides of the ball. The result of that game is less about Tommy and more about our coaching staff.
                            I was hoping Sam Houston would've won vs MSU. That because last spring SDSU, with a 3rd string QB, nearly beat Sam Houston in the championship game. They were "soft" Houston then. MSU is the more formidable opponent. Looking forward to a competitive game. If the Jackrabbits play to potential, they will win.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Oh you had to go and bring that up did ya....

I like to think of our football team playing msu in snowy conditions with ZZ going strong and an impressive win.....thats the game in Montana i am going to think of.
                              The game "that shall not be mentioned" ....sorry, it still bugs me to this very day

Comment

As expected, all the non-resale Frisco tickets are gone this morning. If we win you're going to want to be on the ball to beat NDSU to those tickets bought up by MSU fans this week. There was a lot of chatter about it on their forum. If we lose it looks like those of us who bought early will definitely make a little money to buy sorrow-drowning beers.

Comment

Working...
                                X