No announcement yet.

The Game, Frisco, TX, May 16, 1 pm CDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filbert, i think your #5 is number 1 in my book. Especially when grono went out. That was the most logical plan to use and force shsu to try to stop it. Plus late in the game when it was obvious strong didnt have as effective running trying to cut but davis and his power running was working. Why i dont think they got davis the ball after hisnlong td run. You ride the hot hand and it was clearly davis.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTman7Bearkat View Post

No, I'm not assuming anything about your choices. Your STATEMENT was that "Honestly, I'd prefer they never hold the FCS championship on that field. It has a history of incredibly subpar conditions". I stated the fact that the bison have won multiple (EIGHT, I believe) Nattys in that stadium/field. I then wondered aloud what they would think about it. You brought up "history". I stated the facts of history.

Sanity? I used to have that a long time ago. It's gradually coming back. I got help. Maybe you should try it?

Btw, Bearkat Nation has been to that field with a "history of incredibly subpar conditions"...3 times. We'd love to go back.
      If you want to ignore subpar conditions because one team's managed to win, feel free. I, on the other hand, need only consult publicly available reports documenting the subpar conditions and witness the poor footing yesterday

It's also ironic that a fan of the team commentators lauded for adapting to compete with other FCS powers seems opposed to adapting the host site

Comment

• I just want to start by saying what a weekend and what a game, the Jacks and Sam Houston both left it all on the field and ain't nothing about their Natty Title is fake, Congrats Bearkats.

​​​​​​With that said it was awesome seeing the swarm of Jacks going down the road this weekend. I was sandwiched between Coach Hahn and Coach Hendo and Klink in the ticket line. I don't know how many dozens of former players I recognized at the game and around town, I was also sitting right next to Dan Jackson and Clint Brown at the game and I saw Luke Meadows at the semifinal game. If you look on twitter it looks like some recruits and their families even trekked to Frisco for the game. It's pretty clear the impact Stig has had on his former players and staff.

I really hope this championship run will carry over for our fan base, these last few games are as rowdy as I ever remember us being. Now juust imagine us being that rowdy with almost 20,000 people in the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Haha okay, you obviously didn't watch for holding very close. Officials missed blatant holds on the left side of SH, especially in the 2nd half.

Also Heide is the 3rd stringer, not the original backup. If Gibbs was able to play, SDSU wins the game by 10. SH was not the better team yesterday although they were a lot better than the Bison in their playoff game.
          Yeah, well the Kats fans are saying the same thing about blatant holds. I will say, the refs called a consistent game. I think that consistency actually favored SDSU...as in not calling pass interference,roughing the passer, offsides, etc.

I picked Sam to win the game (not on here), and if you guys played again I would do the same. I guess I must have watched a different game. If would have been nice for you to have a healthy qb to put it to rest...but it is the nature of football. We've all had players go down and it is next man up...even when that phrase is a bit hollow. I believe NDSU knows a thing or two about injuries...and playing with the wrong qb.

Anyway...this will be my last post on the subject. I'll stick with you did the conference proud and took the game to the very end despite what got thrown at you. Congrats on the season and making the championship, and I look forward to our game this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

If you want to ignore subpar conditions because one team's managed to win, feel free. I, on the other hand, need only consult publicly available reports documenting the subpar conditions and witness the poor footing yesterday

It's also ironic that a fan of the team commentators lauded for adapting to compete with other FCS powers seems opposed to adapting the host site
            I'm not nor did I say anything about ignoring "subpar" conditions. It is what it is...and will be year to year. The Natty will be played in Frisco/Toyota Stadium at least for the next 5 years. Deal with it. Bearkat Nation will gladly go back each year if they can and are able. No matter the "subpar conditions" or not.

Are you blaming the loss on the field conditions & rain? If you are, then you've never played football and get back to band practice.

Comment

I'm not nor did I say anything about ignoring "subpar" conditions. It is what it is...and will be year to year. The Natty will be played in Frisco/Toyota Stadium at least for the next 5 years. Deal with it. Bearkat Nation will gladly go back each year if they can and are able. No matter the "subpar conditions" or not.

Are you blaming the loss on the field conditions & rain? If you are, then you've never played football and get back to band practice.
              Excuse any whining here. It's just sour grapes.

You guys won fair and square. If we are being honest the sloppy conditions probably favored us more than you. We are more of the ground and pound team while it seemed you were a little more speed/finesse.

The injury to Gronowski was a killer. There's no denying that. Do we win with him, I think so, but I'm a bit biased. At the end of the day injuries are part of the game. We benefitted from the Delaware QB going down in the semis. He came back, but he clearly wasn't 100%.

Comment

Yes, I played football. Yes, I am saying field conditions and rain contributed to both teams' lack of success early. "It is what it is" because folks like you have willfully resigned themselves to playing there. There are hundreds of other options nationwide, including several domed facilities (at least one within minutes of Toyota Stadium).

No, that's not whining. You've taken offense at relatively innocuous posts (e.g., framing my earlier one as some indictment of your sanity, when almost anyone could see it was an indictment of the tenor of "unnamed forum").

Honestly, I'm not a fan of a couple Bearkat players or the coach given what I observed during and after the game. Would all of this have been easier to stomach had the Jacks prevailed? Sure.
                Last edited by jakejc795; 05-18-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

You guys won fair and square. If we are being honest the sloppy conditions probably favored us more than you. We are more of the ground and pound team while it seemed you were a little more speed/finesse.

The injury to Gronowski was a killer. There's no denying that. Do we win with him, I think so, but I'm a bit biased. At the end of the day injuries are part of the game. We benefitted from the Delaware QB going down in the semis. He came back, but he clearly wasn't 100%.
                  Recognizing a poor field (and that better options exist) isn't whining, and the field/conditions undoubtedly contributed to the missed FGs, so I'm not sure what your basis is for saying it favored the Jacks. Yes, the Jacks gained a couple turnovers, but the 'kats had their "TD" prior to the delay.

The "fair and square" is debatable as Zim (who is relatively unbiased) has gone on record as saying the Bearkats got away with multiple blatant holds

Comment

• hey all i do truly appreciate TAB and TTman coming here to offer congratulations. lets accept the congratulations with some grace. one of them sees sports through green and yellow glasses and one through orange and blue glasses. all of us or at least most of us watch through blue and yellow glasses. it seems obvious that we will see things differently and that is totally fine, but it is good to recognize it.

but it is also good for others to recognize it, because of course when you come to this site you are going to get a pro rabbits bias. so since you did come here you should please NOT be surprised and definitely not offended when that is the bias that you get.

again i really THANK both of you for the kind and i believe totally well intentioned messages!!!! if we seem in some way ungrateful for your attempts at sportsmanship i do apologize, but their might be some wounds from a recent fairly significant loss that are still slightly raw

i did not see those comments from zim, yes he is definitely unbiased, as he is actually much more of an augustana fan. always makes me sad that they could not make more of an effort to find someone who is actually a jacks fan to be the main jacks writer. seems like there are at least a few jacks fans in the area

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      hey all i do truly appreciate TAB and TTman coming here to offer congratulations. lets accept the congratulations with some grace. one of them sees sports through green and yellow glasses and one through orange and blue glasses. all of us or at least most of us watch through blue and yellow glasses. it seems obvious that we will see things differently and that is totally fine, but it is good to recognize it.

but it is also good for others to recognize it, because of course when you come to this site you are going to get a pro rabbits bias. so since you did come here you should please NOT be surprised and definitely not offended when that is the bias that you get.

again i really THANK both of you for the kind and i believe totally well intentioned messages!!!! if we seem in some way ungrateful for your attempts at sportsmanship i do apologize, but their might be some wounds from a recent fairly significant loss that are still slightly raw

i did not see those comments from zim, yes he is definitely unbiased, as he is actually much more of an augustana fan. always makes me sad that they could not make more of an effort to find someone who is actually a jacks fan to be the main jacks writer. seems like there are at least a few jacks fans in the area
                      I appreciate good football...and both squads played good football this year...much better than I can say for my own squad.

Totally get this being raw...and I in no way take offense. The comments have been very civil, if not friendly. Even if I don't cheer for SDSU, I've developed some pretty good friendships with Jacks posters...even stayed at one of your houses when I was in Sioux Falls this winter! I "tailgated" with a few of you instead of Bison fans when our teams met. Good people. I may give you some grief...but that is for a later date...more like the fall when we get a chance at revenge...hopefully we both have starting quarterbacks by then...

Comment

Post hoc attribution to randomness is not proof your system is any better for bettors, and saying a key player's injury is inconsequential is disingenuous at best.

What it is is proof of why I'll never bet on sports.

Just curious, what did your system say the outcome of the Marker game and first SIU win would be?
                        Its not the injury wasn't inconsequential rather the inconsequential random event is already baked in. If not the injury maybe the weather or the delay or some bad call? Its everything and all things. just look at the numbers

Remember picking the winner is just one if the three propositions. Our results for that are in a post above. .here are some picks we made

The system had SDSU 29 SIU 21; SDSU 24 DELAWARE 22. We didnt do the Marker. We had SHSU 26 JMU 25

We had NDSU 22 SHSU 21. Cant win them all

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Totally understandable, and have been there. Remember, we Bearkat's fans/alums have gone thru what you're experiencing now TWO times...back-to-back seasons no less.

But in my opinion & experience, all the "buts", "what ifs", "had so-in-so not gotten injured", "the ref missed a call" they only deepen any pain and don't help the matter at all. Get it out of y'alls system now...don't hang onto it. Open wounds are hard to heal...unless y'all dont want to heal.

Just my .02 cents worth of an opinion. Actually, under the current administration it's my .0002 cents worth, lol.

I appreciate your statement!

Comment

Yes, I played football. Yes, I am saying field conditions and rain contributed to both teams' lack of success early. "It is what it is" because folks like you have willfully resigned themselves to playing there. There are hundreds of other options nationwide, including several domed facilities (at least one within minutes of Toyota Stadium).

No, that's not whining. You've taken offense at relatively innocous posts (e.g., framing my earlier one as some indictment of your sanity, when almost anyone could see it was an indictment of the tenor of "unnamed forum").

Honestly, I'm not a fan of a couple Bearkat players or the coach given what I observed during and after the game. Would all of this have been easier to stomach had the Jacks prevailed? Sure.
                            LOL...that's hilarious. Now it's MY fault about the field & Toyota Stadium. Really? Seriously? For Real? LOL

If you really played football, then you'd know that field conditions shouldn't matter. Put your best available 11 guys on whatever field, lined up against our best available 11 guys on the same field and under the same weather & field conditions. Give 110%. Run the plays you've been coached and practiced. Listen & execute coaching in-game. Winner is the team at the end of the game with the most points.

I never said anything about whining. You confused with somebody else? I haven't taken offense at anything you've said thus far...and won't. I've got thick skin. This forum is tame compared to others I am a member of.

What did KCK & players do during & after the game that got your panties in a bunch? I ask, because I really don't know.

Comment

LOL...that's hilarious. Now it's MY fault about the field & Toyota Stadium. Really? Seriously? For Real? LOL

If you really played football, then you'd know that field conditions shouldn't matter. Put your best available 11 guys on whatever field, lined up against our best available 11 guys on the same field and under the same weather & field conditions. Give 110%. Run the plays you've been coached and practiced. Listen & execute coaching in-game. Winner is the team at the end of the game with the most points.

I never said anything about whining. You confused with somebody else? I haven't taken offense at anything you've said thus far...and won't. I've got thick skin. This forum is tame compared to others I am a member of.

What did KCK & players do during & after the game that got your panties in a bunch? I ask, because I really don't know.
                              Not sure how "'It is what it is; because folks like you have willfully resigned themselves to playing there" was somehow construed by you as blaming you for the field conditions, but your rhetoric is an indication that what's actually said won't be what you respond to. Rather, you'll use whatever excuse you can to imply a poster hasn't engaged in some activity or to drop your "panties" line.

It's ridiculous that you apparently can't see, or at least won't admit, how your "it is what it is" mindset perpetuates playing on that field despite superior alternatives. No, your extreme masculinity and omnipotence was not to blame for precip and lightning (which I never even remotely said or implied).

However, if a game is to be played on a "neutral field," and options exist that would serve to limit the influence of factors ranging from poor field conditions to weather delays, it'd be logical to utilize one of those options, or maybe the real fear is that lower-seeded Sam Houston won't basically get another home game because it might not be played in Frisco.

I've explicitly stated what I had issue with in terms of Bearkat players and Keeler, so I'll leave it to you to actually read my prior posts.
                              Last edited by jakejc795; 05-18-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milbank View Post

Its not the injury wasn't inconsequential rather the inconsequential random event is already baked in. If not the injury maybe the weather or the delay or some bad call? Its everything and all things. just look at the numbers

Remember picking the winner is just one if the three propositions. Our results for that are in a post above. .here are some picks we made

The system had SDSU 29 SIU 21; SDSU 24 DELAWARE 22. We didnt do the Marker. We had SHSU 26 JMU 25

We had NDSU 22 SHSU 21. Cant win them all

Thanks for being transparent. It'd seem the system is rooted more in luck than it is any algorithm, as you suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X