Southern University Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern University Game

I'm going to predict (hope?) for a 38-17 loss for the Jacks. If they do this or anything better I will be pleased.

The stats for both teams seem to be pretty even, but I don't the competition has been. Hopefully they can get off to a good start, otherwise, might be another like the UC Davis game.

Comment

Thanks Jacks99, for not making me look like Mr. Negative 8). If it wasn't for all those Rabbit fg's against WO, I would have been pretty close for the final score.

let's not all forget about the "DAKOTA MARKER" that's at stake in a few weeks ;D

Comment

I am going to raise the bar and predict a Jacks victory in a close game.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Agreed the NDSU game will likely be the biggest of the year for many reasons, but hopefully they are focusing on this week. So far no big injuries, if we keep that up and improve every week, we should have a shot at any game.

Comment

If the players were to go into the game with the attitude that some on this board have, they would certainly get trounced. Thank goodness none of you will be playing the game. Maybe the team should just stay home and save the money!

Jacks 28
            Jags 14

Go rabbits!

Comment

I'm afraid I'm with Jacks99 and SDSU/BHS Fan. We can root for our team and I for one always will, But we shouldn't kid ourselves. I'm expecting that Southern will have a significant advantage in speed and athletic ability. Granted the Jacks didn't play well at Davis, but I'm thinking the Aggies' advantage in team speed had something to do with that. We're not playing Winona or Western Oregon this week. And we're not at home.

I'll go 42-21 and will take that as a very good showing on the road in a very hostile environment against a solid 1AA program.

Yes, JBNJBQ, it's a good thing those of us posting here aren't playing in the game. I am pitifully weak and slow, I bruise easily, and I burst into tears at the drop of a hat. So clearly, I couldn't play for the Jacks.

I could probably start for USD, though.

Comment

I agree you probably could!

They are 4-0 right now but I venture to say they will find it hard to finish in the top half of the NCC even with the absence of NDSU and SDSU.

UNO 28

USD  7

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Yea, I am so sick of reading in the Argus about how good USD is this year. They haven't played anybody good yet! If they beat UND or UNO, then write all you want about how good they are but until then I don't want to hear it. GEEESSSHHHH!!! :-X

Comment

Has USD played the school for the blind yet? I know it's on their schedule!

SDPTV is televising the USD at UNO game. They really think they have a winner this year. They obviously believe all the hype that has been thrown around so far.

UNO 28

USD 7

Comment

Who is UNO?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagster
                        Who is UNO?
                        It's a card game they like to play in Nebraska during the long cold winters. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                          Has USD played the school for the blind yet? I know it's on their schedule!

SDPTV is televising the USD at UNO game. They really think they have a winner this year.  They obviously believe all the hype that has been thrown around so far.

UNO 28

USD 7
                          I was wrong! Final score:

UNO 20

USD 13

Obviously UNO is worse than I thought this year!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                            If the players were to go into the game with the attitude that some on this board have, they would certainly get trounced. Thank goodness none of you will be playing the game. Maybe the team should just stay home and save the money!

Jacks 28
                            Jags 14

Go rabbits!
                            I was wrong on the score, a little. Obviously the team thought they could win the game. Thank goodness.

Go Jacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations guys! Way to do the Dakotas proud.

Comment

Jaguars can't hold lead

How precious is the football? Lose the ball, and you can lose the game. Even if the only cost is surrendering momentum.

Southern paid that steep price with a fumble 20 minutes into a game the Jaguars controlled. Instead of extending a two-touchdown lead early in the second quarter, quarterback Thomas Ricks and tailback Gerald Holmes failed to connect on a handoff, with South Dakota State defensive end Gabe Koenigsfeld pouncing on the ball at the Jackrabbits 22-yard line with 10:19 before halftime. From there, SDSU took control, Holmes went out for good with a bruised right shin late in the first half and the Jackrabbits scored their program's first win over a Division I-AA program, winning 31-24 Saturday night at A.W. Mumford Stadium.
                                Read the story

Comment

Working...
                                X