Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
    I'M SICK OF STIG'S HARD ON FOR KARDOES!!!  THE KID PLAYED LIKE ASS AND STIG SAYS HE PLAYED HIS HEART OUT AND MADE SOME REALLY GREAT PLAYS!  HE MADE A LOT OF TERRIBLE THROWS TOO STIG! I HOPE YOU NOTICED THOSE!!
    Now, now, Stig won't respond to this kind of rhetoric.  He is too nice a guy.  Try another approach like, this team is terrible with Mr. Kardoes at QB.  Would you consider a change Coach Stig?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

After watching a healthy Kardoes on TV I agree that he isn't the best option long term. Granted he did get pressured but if his strength is being mobile he didn't use it well. The Montana commentators didn't knock him too much other than say he needs to use touch on short passes and not gun it, but I know what they were thinking.

He's a senior now and had his shot. Time to give someone else a chance to start and not bring them in later in the game. Give them a chance to lead the team on the field. Right now UND is proving UNI is beatable. I'm not placing the loss on Kardoes shoulders or think that he isn't trying his best, but I feel the coaches have a hard time sitting a senior QB. Time to take one for the team.

Comment

At this point there's no gain in leaving Kardoes in there. It looks like it might be a long season, so put someone else in who is going to be back next year and try to improve our chances next year. There's no point in going 3-8 with a senior QB when you could be giving some playing time to an underclassmen who will hopefully improve the team's chances of a better season next year.
        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

How meny of you played football? If any of you had a clue what the real deal was you wouldn't be so quick to shoot your mouth off. When the year is done lets see what you say when the truth be know. I would bet not any of you could of done a tenth of what kardoes did with NO line to protect him. As for throwing last week he hit 5 guys in the hands, IN A ROW and they dropped them. Yes it was wet and the conditions weren't good but he made the throw in the same condtions and on the RUN the whole time. How meny sackes did he have today? What is it about him that you have such a hard time with? That he won't quit? He will never say die. He will fight to the finish. As for Berry he will have his turn. Last week he had a worse game the Kardoes. Until you all can go out under the conditions they do, it would be best for you to not knock any player. Like I said, End of the year you all will eat your words. What about the refs? They could care less about all the late hits he took. The late hits he got form NO one protecting him. Ya you are all about knowing whats best.RIGHT

The more I sit and think about all your smack, it makes me so angery. How meny were at the game today? I can only imagine what it's like to know that 8 out of 10 times your most likely going to get creamed! If the kid was smart he would beg to get out of that postion. I would. But no he stays and gives it 100% everytime.  Maybe it would be a good idea for Berry to go in and take some of the hits Kardoes is taking. That would be nice of him. Why is it that no one gets on the line for his protection so he can play like all the other QBs out there. I would bet we have the most sakes and now late hits of any other school.

Also have you all forgotten Montana is ranked 4th. Kardoes! you suck cause you can't beat them with NO line. Give it a rest and maybe apologize to the kid who put it all on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by haveaclue
            How meny of you played football? If any of you had a clue what the real deal was you wouldn't be so quick to shoot your mouth off. When the year is done lets see what you say when the truth be know. I would bet not any of you could of done a tenth of what kardoes did with NO line to protect him. As for throwing last week he hit 5 guys in the hands, IN A ROW and they dropped them. Yes it was wet and the conditions weren't good but he made the throw in the same condtions and on the RUN the whole time. How meny sackes did he have today? What is it about him that you have such a hard time with? That he won't quit? He will never say die. He will fight to the finish. As for Berry he will have his turn. Last week he had a worse game the Kardoes. Until you all can go out under the conditions they do, it would be best for you to not knock any player. Like I said, End of the year you all will eat your words. What about the refs? They could care less about all the late hits he took. The late hits he got form NO one protecting him. Ya you are all about knowing whats best.RIGHT

The more I sit and think about all your smack, it makes me so angery. How meny were at the game today? I can only imagine what it's like to know that 8 out of 10 times your most likely going to get creamed! If the kid was smart he would beg to get out of that postion. I would. But no he stays and gives it 100% everytime.  Maybe it would be a good idea for Berry to go in and take some of the hits Kardoes is taking. That would be nice of him. Why is it that no one gets on the line for his protection so he can play like all the other QBs out there. I would bet we have the most sakes and now late hits of any other school.

Also have you all forgotten Montana is ranked 4th. Kardoes! you suck cause you can't beat them with NO line. Give it a rest and maybe apologize to the kid who put it all on the field.
            One comment, live by your moniker. I can assure you many have us have real life experience in athletics and otherwise. None of us wish ill will for Kardoes. I have no doubt he gives 100%. Are you saying Berry wouldn't? There are plenty posting here who played college FB and other sports. Not one of them doubts that Kardoes wants to win. He just hasn't done it and some of us would like to see someone else given the chance. Its really that simple, so check your emotions at the door and act like an adult. Unless, of course, your not (which when reading your post is the impression I get).
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Well we can go back and forth on this issue forever. Yes berry would give 100% I have no problems with Berry. He is an athlet just like Kardoes. My objections are to the fact that it is always the QB's fault when there is 11 players on the field. You play his spot and let us know what it's like. You never comment on the other DETAILS of the game such as LACK of PROTECTION. But of course he should not expect any. How about all the in hand passes to the recievers that were missed. TEAM remember. Why is it now I (meaning just Kardoes). As I recall they had a winning season last year. Berry didn't play all those games. Kardoes played almost everyone hurt in more places then one.(knee, rt ankle, lft ankle) and so on. He still got the job done till he couldn't play anymore.  So as far as getting the job done he did and injured. Berry filled in great when he had to. He is a good QB.

As for getting my emotions in tact and grow up!!!! Let me just say that as you have from your very first posting your assuming you know ALL there is to know about what is going on in that game. I take it you go to all the practices and are privy to all that goes on in that game.  You really need to quit assuming that you have a clue about what is accuring with that team. I am very upset by all of the bad comments about this team and QB @ 2 weeks into it. Everyone has a bad week. As for this game what did you expect? Defense wasn't all there either. They are #4. So with what you think is the whole picture of a bad game you say"well they are just going to suck for the reast of the year". WRONG.My bets are on him and  his team members and ALL the coaches. I'm going to bet they will succeed with out your approval and make sure you have egg on your face. Again in the end you will eat your words.

Good luck to the WHOLE team and whoever they chose to put in. You all need it with the trash that is put on here. Sure hope you all don't read it. It could start to bring down your sefl esteem. Just realize that the small amount of people who come on here to make sure you look bad don't speak for the majority of the fans. Good luck in the Dome guys. You'll show them all!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way if you think everyone likes to see all of you tear down a team and it's QB. Your wrong! We not going to take it anymore. True fans support not tear apart.

Comment

It's hard to have faith in a guy you have seen struggle in almost every game he has started, he has had chances to improve he hasn't. He is the leader of the team along with all the coaches. have you seen this team play? i don't know, i have seen both games. have you seen this team play? maybe you have, i have quite a few practices. its hard to give you credibility when you misspell a lot of words. maybe you talk to the players maybe you don't. From the players and starters I have talked to they have said Berry would be a better starter than Kardoes. maybe you have been drinking when you posted your first i dunno, but having a temper on this board doesn't get you anywhere. so chill out.

Comment

Yes I've seen the games. Almost all he has played. Yes I've missed spelled words. The heat of the moment will do that to you. I'm not wrong. I have a clue and really can't wait for you all to be proven wrong. As for this board it is my first and last time. I will be back after the season. It is amazing how you all can degrade him and as soon as someone responds in defence they're wrong. Wrong for being upset because you love to beat him down. Shame on you all. Forgive me for my HOT head. If you all were playing I would defend you also. What are you going to do to Berry when he doesn't do it for you?
                  GO JACKS

Comment

Good luck to the WHOLE team and whoever they chose to put in. You all need it with the trash that is put on here. Sure hope you all don't read it. It could start to bring down your sefl esteem. Just realize that the small amount of people who come on here to make sure you look bad don't speak for the majority of the fans.

By the way if you think everyone likes to see all of you tear down a team and it's QB. Your wrong! We not going to take it anymore. True fans support not tear apart.
                    600 plus people on this board isnt a small group of fans.

True fans criticize the weaknesses and what needs to be done. Now maybe you are happy with a medicore team that gets 4, 5, or 6 wins. I think most of the people here would like a team that gets 7 or more wins. Maybe you don't see a problem with this team, but there are a lot of problems with the team. This is a message board people post what they think of things, you shouldn't have joined it if you don't like our opinions and argue about all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                      My little birdie tells me that Andy will get the start again this week.  It also looks like Reed Burkhardt will be moved into the #2 spot.  Maybe things looked different on film when the professionals looked at it than when us armchair qb's looked at it from our position in the stands.

Berry was warming up to go into the game for the last possession today until Montana faked the punt and got the first down.  Looks like he still has his #2 spot.

Comment

Stig needs to decide whether or not Berry is the guy of the future. If he doesnt think Berry is the man of the future then he needs to bring in a big time juco QB. Otherwise, get Berry in there to gain valuable experience.
                        As for mister sensitive defending Kardous, remember this is DI football. The QB is the one who is going to take all the heat. I have never heard an o lineman get picked on for not performing. I understand it is a team effort and it is not all kardous' fault, but we need to look at the future and kardous will not be a part of it and he is doing nothing to keep himself in the game.

By the way he is completing about 25% of his passes. or worse.

Comment

Yes I've seen the games. Almost all he has played. Yes I've missed spelled words. The heat of the moment will do that to you. I'm not wrong. I have a clue and really can't wait for you all to be proven wrong. As for this board it is my first and last time. I will be back after the season. It is amazing how you all can degrade him and as soon as someone responds in defence they're wrong. Wrong for being upset because you love to beat him down. Shame on you all. Forgive me for my HOT head. If you all were playing I would defend you also. What are you going to do to Berry when he doesn't do it for you?
                          GO JACKS
                          Haveaclue,

Andy is a great kid who gives all he can every game.  Same can be said for the O-line that protects him, opens holes for the RB's and generally gets beat up every game.  You and I both know that they rarely get the credit they deserve (the O-line that is) and almost always get blamed when the heat is on.  Its not about the O-line or one player, its about the team.  

Hard to argue that things aren't working right now.  It is time for a change and the most logical thing (at least in my mind) is a change at QB.  Being upset and scolding fans is fine as long as hard feelings aren't harbored.  Reality is, we are in this together.

At the risk of sounding selfish, many of us have been in this for decades and plan to be for decades more.  With regard to that, change is ever present.  I would prefer to call it progress and thus far think I can.

The way things are headed this year, lack of change seems contrary to progress.  Maybe you will be right but for now you are just a hot head.  Logic always wins out over emotion, even when you don't want it to.

Comment

I have never been a fan of Andy. I was at the game where he made his first start and after he threw 2 passes I knew we were in trouble. Lets take our lumps now with Berry and give him a chance to mature for the future.

Give me Berry!

Comment

I think I am going to say very little about the QB and Coaching. The reason? What if we start winning games? Some back peddling will be in order and I am not good at back peddling.

Comment

Haveaclue,

You don't know how many of us hope you are right. We all hope that when the season is over you can come back here and say, "I told you so."

Comment

Working...
                                X