Kardoes or Berry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Kardoes has had enough time to develop and get better. he hasn't berry is still young in the program and shows promise give him the starting nod.

Comment

Originally posted by jackphd
      [quote author=Haldersham link=1157256629/0#12 date=1157324211][quote author=JackJD link=1157256629/0#8 date=1157302445]So that's the identity of "Underwear Man!"  Good to have a laugh this morning.

It has brought laughter to my heart this morning after recalling the incident and how surprised the campus police and all the HPER Event people where when he came riding in on the bike. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Sometimes great leaders have a great sense of humor. Abe Lincoln is suppse to have been fond of telling an off color joke or two.  

A week ago when I saw Stig at the Volleyball tournament  I asked if all the Ariz guys were still with us, and he did  mention that one of them had left fall camp. He did not mention the name and I did not press him for a name. Maybe I should have, as I have heard a few good things about Ryan Crawford. I hope it wasn't Crawford that left.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I saw Crawford, Rogers, and Gouch last night. I hope Isaiah Jackson didn't go. Did anyone see him?[/quote]

I know Gouch is here on campus still I saw him the other day, Rogers played last night a lot, and I think Isaiah Jackson saw the field some as well (he is #36 right?). From the sounds of it Crawford is still here, I guess I don't know who it would be...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
        [quote author=jackphd link=1157256629/0#13 date=1157327190][quote author=Haldersham link=1157256629/0#12 date=1157324211][quote author=JackJD link=1157256629/0#8 date=1157302445]So that's the identity of "Underwear Man!" Good to have a laugh this morning.

It has brought laughter to my heart this morning after recalling the incident and how surprised the campus police and all the HPER Event people where when he came riding in on the bike. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Sometimes great leaders have a great sense of humor. Abe Lincoln is suppse to have been fond of telling an off color joke or two.

A week ago when I saw Stig at the Volleyball tournament I asked if all the Ariz guys were still with us, and he did mention that one of them had left fall camp. He did not mention the name and I did not press him for a name. Maybe I should have, as I have heard a few good things about Ryan Crawford. I hope it wasn't Crawford that left.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I saw Crawford, Rogers, and Gouch last night. I hope Isaiah Jackson didn't go. Did anyone see him?[/quote]

I know Gouch is here on campus still I saw him the other day, Rogers played last night a lot, and I think Isaiah Jackson saw the field some as well (he is #36 right?). From the sounds of it Crawford is still here, I guess I don't know who it would be...[/quote]

I saw Rogers in the game quite a bit. I missed Jackson, but I'm glad he's still here.

Comment

Why wouldnt Stig start prepping the QB of the future by giving Berry the nod.  He is clearly the better passer and the better leader.  I am anxious to see what he can do with a couple of games under his belt. His mistakes last night were just about inexperience.  You get those out of the way and he will be a great quarterback down the road.  Just in time to lead SDSU into the playoffs when they are eligible.
          Andy is talented but he is not superior to Berry so lets make a decision to go with Berry and watch him mature into the QB of the future.
          Anyone agree?

Comment

Originally posted by qb1117
            Why wouldnt Stig start prepping the QB of the future by giving Berry the nod.  He is clearly the better passer and the better leader.  I am anxious to see what he can do with a couple of games under his belt. His mistakes last night were just about inexperience.  You get those out of the way and he will be a great quarterback down the road.  Just in time to lead SDSU into the playoffs when they are eligible.
            Andy is talented but he is not superior to Berry so lets make a decision to go with Berry and watch him mature into the QB of the future.
            Anyone agree?
            I agree. But stig is a strong supporter of Andy. But last night, I don't know how you put up with his performance when the starters are calling for his head. changes need to happen otherwise it is going to be a long season. The kid to watch out for is Jeske though birdies tell me good news about him and I can't wait to see how he develops.

Comment

The Arizona kid that left the team was Kris Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                The Arizona kid that left the team was Kris Stone.

Thanks Jack Twice. I dont know what they had in mind for Kris, but apparently it id not work out to his liking. I am amazed the others have stayed and appear to have a found a home. Stig said it took a specail person from the warmer climates to adapt to SDSU program. So everything they do to make them welcome is very important.

Jordan Miranda was the long snapper. He is the true freshman from El Paso, who came per the recommendation of Kevin Jones former player and former coach Phil Barrios. Let hope Jordan is the start of many good athletes who also want a good education.

Comment

Whomever the Coach thinks is best for the team!!!

Next subject! Please!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

[quote author=Rabbitlivinginverm link=1157256629/0#6 date=1157294422]I hate to write the season off already, but it's going to be a tough go.  May as well get young Ryan Crawford in there and let him learn and gain experience.

I heard Crawford was suspended for the first two games because of the "Underwear Man" episode at a basketball game last year. [/quote]

He was dressed for the game, and I too wouldn't mind seeing more of this young man whom Showing Blitz.com reguarded as the #15 QB in I-AA in his class when he commited to State.

Go State!

Comment

Kardoes had all of last year to prove he's capable. Didn't happen. Didn't happen against UWL. Time to move on. You have to be able to accurately pass the ball against the type of opponents we will be facing for the rest of the year. He has proven that is not one of his strong suits.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                        Kardoes had all of last year to prove he's capable. Didn't happen. Didn't happen against UWL. Time to move on. You have to be able to accurately pass the ball against the type of opponents we will be facing for the rest of the year. He has proven that is not one of his strong suits.
                        Call me crazy, but I wonder if Kardoes can CATCH passes. He'd be an imposing guy on the outside with all of his athletic ability.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I wonder if Kardoes can CATCH passes. He'd be an imposing guy on the outside with all of his athletic ability.
                          Wonder if he can block and catch passes? TE is what we had discussed for him last year. Just speculation, have fun with it.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                            [quote author=jackphd link=1157256629/15#25 date=1157491158]
                            Wonder if he can block and catch passes? TE is what we had discussed for him last year. Just speculation, have fun with it.[/quote]

I suppose one of the questions would be whether he's the kind of team player who could move out from behind center and still want to contribute at another position (e.g. Paul Thompson at Oklahoma... moved to WR and then back when Bomar got his free car.)

We're pretty loaded at tight end. But maybe Kardoes could be a really big, athletic WR like that monster from Cal Poly last year.

Comment

A QB a few years back was switched to WR, Nick Wilson from Colorado. He was battling Dan Fjeldheim for the starting QB spot all through spring and fall ball and Dan eventually was named starter. He was quick, ran great routes but had hands of stone. I remember having conversations with him, he made the switch for the better of the team but always maintained, "I'm a QB, not a WR." That said, I have no doubt Andy is a better athlete than Nick. Maybe he could help out on the defensive side of the ball. He could be an imposing safety.

Comment

I understood that Andy was offered scholarships from UNI and some lower D-IA schools to play safety but he came to SDSU because we offered him the opportunity to play QB. My best guess is that the best impact Andy could make if not at QB would be at Safety or in the backfield if he doesn't mind getting hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X