Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    Apparently, knowing what is going on inside the athletic teams and the athletic department has no intelligent content.
    I value the posts of all SDSU supporters, even some of the non-supporters. I also reserve the right to disagree with said posts and even use sarcasm in some instances. I expect the same from my fellow posters. Do onto others (or is it unto?)....

As for the QB issue, I see North Carolina is benching their upper classman starter for a younger QB, looking towards the future Buntings says. I still favor Berry.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
      Apparently, knowing what is going on inside the athletic teams and the athletic department has no intelligent content.
      Word of caution to everyone...be careful of what you think you know. Athletes and athletic departments are not much different than politicians.  They will tell you what you want to hear, which may not always be what's actually the case.  I'm probably one of the few on here that can speak from the experience of having been an athlete at SDSU and worked in the athletic department at SDSU.  There are certain things that people come trolling for that you just have to try to steer them away from, facts or opinions.

I haven't read many of the posts on this thread, but if players are telling someone outside of the team that they think Berry should be starting over Kardoes, then those players need to check the dictionary on what it means to be a team and the definition of loyalty. The only one that should be hearing those concerns are the captains and the coaches. And ultimately the coaches know what's best for the team. Like 'em or hate 'em, coaches spend more time evaluating player performance than anyone and there's a reason they think Kardoes deserves to start over Berry. Be it physical or mental, there's a reason.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
        [quote author=thebluehatman link=1157256629/75#88 date=1158121631]Apparently, knowing what is going on inside the athletic teams and the athletic department has no intelligent content.
        Word of caution to everyone...be careful of what you think you know. Athletes and athletic departments are not much different than politicians.  They will tell you what you want to hear, which may not always be what's actually the case.  I'm probably one of the few on here that can speak from the experience of having been an athlete at SDSU and worked in the athletic department at SDSU.  There are certain things that people come trolling for that you just have to try to steer them away from, facts or opinions.

I haven't read many of the posts on this thread, but if players are telling someone outside of the team that they think Berry should be starting over Kardoes, then those players need to check the dictionary on what it means to be a team and the definition of loyalty. The only one that should be hearing those concerns are the captains and the coaches. And ultimately the coaches know what's best for the team. Like 'em or hate 'em, coaches spend more time evaluating player performance than anyone and there's a reason they think Kardoes deserves to start over Berry. Be it physical or mental, there's a reason.[/quote]

CatchEmAll
        I couldn't agree with you more -- assuming that the "coaches" are capable of making those decisions after spending all that time evaluating the players. I presume that is the difference between a good coach and a bad one. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may have indicated in previous posts that our "coach" may not be the best. Collegiate athletics are political in nature and there are on occasions additional considerations when deciding who plays versus who is the best player.

Comment

Originally posted by hatemilwaukeejack
          I couldn't agree with you more -- assuming that the "coaches" are capable of making those decisions after spending all that  time evaluating the players.  I presume that is the difference between a good coach and a bad one.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may have indicated in previous posts that our "coach" may not be the best.   Collegiate athletics are political in nature and there are on occasions additional considerations when deciding who plays versus who is the best player.
          Careful there. I don't think I've ever said Stig was a bad coach. He's just not my coach of choice.

Someone has to have sources that can delve into the politics of why Kardoes is still starting  I'll agree, there are times when "politics" does play a role in who's on the field.  Just thinking of some examples from when I played, nothing of recent not.  I come from the school of thought that one must earn his way onto the field, not get it handed over because of "potential".  Funny how a kid coming out of high school with great "potential" can stink it up at the next level (just a general comment, not aimed at anyone in the current thread).

A few people have brought up the fact that Andy is scrambling for his life every time he drops back, why not call for changes on the O-Line? Granted, less profile area to notice, but still, given time to read a defense isn't it plausible that Andy could be a better QB.  Food for thought.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I was not speaking of Stig in particular. I was speaking of the entire staff (coaches) collectively. Obviously things get put at his feet being the head coach. I don't think I called them bad coaches either. Maybe it is implied, much "like not being my first choice". Joking aside -- and that last statement was a joke. My point was, just because the coaches spend an exhorbant amount of time evaluating the players and ultimately make the decision on who plays (i.e their job), does not mean that they are the best at making those decisions or that those decisions are correct.

back to the reason for the thread -- Berry.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              hatemilwaukeejack[/b]]I was not speaking of Stig in particular.  I was speaking of the entire staff (coaches) collectively.  Obviously things get put at his feet being the head coach.  I don't think I called them bad coaches either.  Maybe it is implied, much "like not being my first choice".  Joking aside -- and that last statement was a  joke.  My point was, just because the coaches spend an exhorbant amount of time evaluating the players and ultimately make the decision on who plays (i.e their job), does not mean that they are the best at making those decisions or that those decisions are correct.  

back to the reason for the thread -- Berry.  
              Woah, someone has an enemy...

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                Woah, someone has an enemy...
                Oh, I don't think he's an enemy to anyone. Might have a problem being objective about his opinions, but many of us make that mistake.

I don't think Kardoes is comfortable in the pocket regardless of time. He seems anxious and ready to bolt at any moment. When he gets time his reads are slow or wrong and his passes are inaccurate. He prefers to run. Thats fine but its not working for this team. Maybe Berry isn't the answer but I still favor a change. Let the RBs do the running and get a guy behind center that is confident as a pocket passer. Maybe we don't have that guy or maybe our coaches don't feel are line can protect for a guy like that. I simple don't know. I do know we are 0-2 and up against a tough UNI team this weekend.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

who thinks that berry should play over kardoes now?? ya'll are a bunch of idiots...nobody played good that first game. that is the reason he plays that position so well, is because he is tough enough to bounce back even when everyone is doggin him and put the jacks on a seven game win streak...any apologies???

Comment

Originally posted by backthejacks
                    who thinks that berry should play over kardoes now?? ya'll are a bunch of idiots...nobody played good that first game.  that is the reason he plays that position so well, is because he is tough enough to bounce back even when everyone is doggin him and put the jacks on a seven game win streak...any apologies???

I'll apologize and hope Andy can prove us wrong one more time!!!

Comment

• Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Originally posted by backthejacks
                      who thinks that berry should play over kardoes now?? ya'll are a bunch of idiots...nobody played good that first game.  that is the reason he plays that position so well, is because he is tough enough to bounce back even when everyone is doggin him and put the jacks on a seven game win streak...any apologies???
                      After Saturday we do have to start thinking about Berry as he has only Burkhart to beat for the starting job. I do agree Andy Karodes has had a great career. I would love to see him end it with a win in the FargoDome.

It seems like Berry had a great year in 2005 and seemed to be very dependable. This year in the UWL game he made some bad choices and was called for being over the line of scrimmage  passing, when he had an open field to run for the first down sticks.. I hope he has learned from this experience and has observed Andy's toughness, as we need some one who can pass, scramble and run when their is hole down field. Who moves into the starting role next year remains to be seen.

Comment

• Re: Kardoes or Berry?

This decision has been made for this year. Kardoes is the quarterback of the 2006 Jackrabbits.

Feel free to start a new thread speculating on who will be the 2007 starter, but I think it's time to lock this thread.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                        X