Kardoes or Berry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kardoes or Berry?

Time for a reminder to all to discuss topics, not posters . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Kelly
      Kardoes will start 100% and Berry is not expected to play at all....
      Thanks for the info. Just spent some time with Coach Mierkort discussing the current situation at USD, the big win for UW-L, etc... He had some interesting things to say.

As for getting upset when people post their opinions about a poor performance by the Jacks, Stig is a big boy and I can assure you that he can handle a little criticism. The players know they got their butts kicked and I know it means nothing to them what a bunch of non-players have to say on a discussion board. However, it is a discussion board and to suggest opinions shouldn't be discussed is plain old ridiculous. I would like to suggest that those who are willing to be critical have more interest vested in SDSU than some of those who aren't. NOTICE that I said SOME of those.

If its Andy at QB I am 100% behind him as I trust the coaches and team are.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

JackMd:
        Yes you are entitled to your opinions, but when they start to get redundant, then I get tired of them. Yes Coach Stig is a big boy and I never said anyone should be careful of this thin skin which he does not have. It's my opinion that a coaching change is not going to happen over one game. I am not looking for the next candidate for head coach until there is a need for a change, which would be firing or resignation. These are decisions that none of us discussers have any controll over. The coach is still here and so are the three quarterbacks who are all competing for playing time.  So why are we discussing it? I prefer to move on, but that seems annoying to some.

The only vested interest I have is that I am still a fan like everyone else but I also get tired of projections into the future which make no sense, but are not much more than  good conversation over a tailgate beer.

As far as the embarrasing result of the game, what can we do about that? Nothing so why keep ringing our hands and making comments about what went wrong. I would say everyone in the program as some share of responsiblity. Players and coaches both would probably like to replay this game, but its over and in the record books. As far as the quarterback for Saturday, Chris Kelly no doubt has been talking to the staff about Saturday's game and I am thankful that he weighted in with what he knew.

One last thing. Since Jackphd implied that we should be concerned about naysayers are saying about the loss last week, I am surprised. I think its time to forget about naysayers, they have had their day and its no longer even a concern. SDSU knows were they are going. Losing to UWL is not a derailment of any sort.

Over and out.

Comment

Berry!

Comment

It is ludicrous to think the 3rd stringer would step in front of Berry.  Im just surprised that Berry didnt jump to number 1.  If the ball gets caught in the endzone there is no interception by Berry.  Berry seems to be a better leader out there.  Go ahead give Kardous one more chance but then lets hand the reins over to Berry.

By the way, i have a hard time thinking that a guy the coaches talk to during the week would be sharing what the coaches tell him on a message board.

Comment

do you mean Chris Kelly?

Comment

yes. i mean chris kelly

Comment

Originally posted by qb1117
                  yes. i mean chris kelly
                  Why wouldn't he share it? It's his job.

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/ab...hrisKelly.html

Comment

I asked the coach directly this week. I have no problem mentioning it here especially since I had already written about it in my column. It was clear it wasn't "sensitive" info so I felt it could be shared.

Comment

I asked the coach directly this week. I have no problem mentioning it here especially since I had already written about it in my column. It was clear it wasn't "sensitive" info so I felt it could be shared.
                      Again, thanks for sharing it here. I don't always have time to check elsewhere. Probably because I spend my free time here.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Chris is a good man. A good reporter who I went around and around when SDSU went to Chadron and lost.  BTW the loss to Chadron State was no fun either as that is one game we thought we would win and we got our arse handed to us on their field no less.  I found myself defending the SDSU program on D2Football. It was very hard to do and if you are wrong about an issue, I would not get into a discussion with Chris Kelly, especially if its an issue he knows a great deal about.

Knowing Coach Stig, its not sensative news, as you will not find a more honest individual.

All other things equal, if the Saturday's game had been played in LaCrosse, would it been a nice ride home? I dont think so and the one home from the Chadron game was painful too.

Comment

Stig hides Kardoes' inability to pocket pass by running short outs and screens. Then, when we need a pocket passer there is nothing there.

We have quality RBs who can run the ball. We need a pocket passer who can hit receivers down field, check off to the "hot" route when blitzed and throw the ball away when nothing is there.

Don't care who it is but we need a change.

Comment

and from the looks of this game we need a qb who can run away from defenders. Andy has been pressured all day. No excuse for horrible performance but in years past our oline was our strength. Not so much this year. I think the rushing numbers are a bit inflated by a few big outside runs. But all we could even muster last week was a few yards at a time on the inside.

Comment

I'M SICK OF STIG'S HARD ON FOR KARDOES!!! THE KID PLAYED LIKE ASS AND STIG SAYS HE PLAYED HIS HEART OUT AND MADE SOME REALLY GREAT PLAYS! HE MADE A LOT OF TERRIBLE THROWS TOO STIG! I HOPE YOU NOTICED THOSE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                                I'M SICK OF STIG'S HARD ON FOR KARDOES!!!  THE KID PLAYED LIKE ASS AND STIG SAYS HE PLAYED HIS HEART OUT AND MADE SOME REALLY GREAT PLAYS!  HE MADE A LOT OF TERRIBLE THROWS TOO STIG! I HOPE YOU NOTICED THOSE!!
                                thank you RLV for saying what some of us are thinking. I echo this thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X