Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

BlueHat is correct.

And the West Lyon kid I've heard about as well but I haven't seen it in any source. Also, JackGuyII has reported a verbal from a Hampton, IA kid. I will put both of them on the list with asterisk.

Sixteen is a good number and I'm willing to bet they will get a couple more the next couple of days. Wednesday will be exciting!

That puts the list at sixteen that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
    Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
    John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
    Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
    Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
    Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
    Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
    Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
    Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
    Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
    Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA
    Bo Helm - RB/DB - Childress, TX
    Mike Lien - LB - Valencia, CA
    Kyle Harris - K - St. Louis, MO
    *Chris Tracy - ? - Inwood, IA
    *Ross Shafrath - LB - Hampton, IA.

* Has not been substantiated by a media source.

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.
    Last edited by BTownJack; 02-04-2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.
      Once again, THANKS to BTJ for keeping up the updated list. Really helps! Impressive list I think and sounds like we found a BUNCH of good players. GO JACKS!!

Comment

Here is some great news from Terry...
        http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/
        check out the full update here, but here are the highlights.

On why Harris chose SDSU over Missouri...
        Why did he choose SDSU rather than, say, accepting Missouri’s perferred walk-on invite? “Being in St. Louis, I see a lot of egos,” Harris said, “but at South Dakota State I didn’t see that at alll, which was a big plus.”
        And from the file Wednesday away as a get nothing done day...
        I will be filing a live blog from inside the SDSU football offices on National Signing Day. I’ll be providing updates on players as the letters of intent roll in, along with offering a behind-the-scenes look at the events of the day. Did all the verbals come through? Did any local kids fall through the cracks? Did some stud not get the offer he hoped for and wind up falling into the Jacks’ laps?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Hey, BTJ, I want to thank you also for the updates on the recruits. Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the offseason.

Comment

I echo the appreciation to BTJ for keeping a running list. Very interesting. Looks impressive. Didn't the Jacks lose something like 18 or 19 seniors, transfers and/or dropouts this year? Is that approximately how many signings SDSU fans should expect in comings days and weeks?
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I echo the appreciation to BTJ for keeping a running list. Very interesting. Looks impressive. Didn't the Jacks lose something like 18 or 19 seniors, transfers and/or dropouts this year? Is that approximately how many signings SDSU fans should expect in comings days and weeks?
              I think Stig has said they had a maximum number of 18. They'll be right around that number.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Tuesday's Update...nothing reported in the Argus today. Terry might have something for us in his blog if he posts his usual "Tuesday Tidbits."

You are all more than welcome for keeping our list up to date. I figured that was the easiest way to keep them all organized. I will post all the info on all our recruits once it is posted on GoJacks.com in the next few days.

To a happy signing day...Cheers!

So the list remains at 16:

That puts the list at sixteen that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
                Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
                John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
                Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
                Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
                Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
                Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
                Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
                Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
                Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
                Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA
                Bo Helm - RB/DB - Childress, TX
                Mike Lien - LB - Valencia, CA
                Kyle Harris - K - St. Louis, MO
                *Chris Tracy - ? - Inwood, IA
                *Ross Shafrath - LB - Hampton, IA.

* Has not been substantiated by a media source.

Comment

Terry decided to tease us in his Tuesday Tidbits with this:

And, finally, to whet your appetite, the SDSU football team has two more verbal commitments from the state of Iowa. Guess you’ll just have to come back tomorrow to find out more.

(read more)
                  The two he mentions could be the two that I've got an asterisk by above or two additional ones. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see for sure.

Comment

noticed a lack of minnesota recruits. why? maybe it could be the fact that wilkenson was a recruiter in that state?

Its not like the state hasn't produced some of the jacks better players-kubesh, erickson, robling, schroder

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      noticed a lack of minnesota recruits. why? maybe it could be the fact that wilkenson was a recruiter in that state?

Its not like the state hasn't produced some of the jacks better players-kubesh, erickson, robling, schroder
                      You never know, may be a down year in the state
                      Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                        You never know, may be a down year in the state
                        Or the new U of M coach (Brewster) realized he just got beat by NDSU last year and then we beat NDSU and both teams have all kinds of MN kids on their roster. Maybe he's recruiting MN a lot harder than that program has in the past. Just a thought, but there might be something to that if one did some research.

Comment

I can't remember exactly but I think Wilkinson's main recruiting area was Arizona and Shannon Moore was recruiting Minnesota/Wisconsin.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Looks like a good mix of recruits. I notice only one D-linemen in the group. What is the prognosis for next years front four?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
                              Looks like a good mix of recruits. I notice only one D-linemen in the group. What is the prognosis for next years front four?
                              We lose Pontrelli and Bonwell but have a ton of young guys back in Eric Schroeder, Jason Nobiling, Danny Batten, Steven Bazata. Also add in Antonio Thompson, Kyle Sheehan, Ross Basham, Jared Crumly, Brian Fischer and some other young guys and I think we are in really good shape.

Pontrelli and Bonwell were very good and it will hurt losing them, but I think the DL will continue to be a force next year as we have guys to replace them.

Comment

D-Line had been a focus for the last few years as the numbers were way down due to some career ending injuries. Last year's dline was very deep with nearly 16 players practicing at the position. Two very good ones graduated (Pontrelli, Bonwell) but the team will be solid at that position for a while now. I think the same can be said for Linebacker, the team is very young there and very deep.
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X