Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    second of all we have the kicker from Yankton on the baseball team and a former all state kicker currently attending SDSU.....
    Lane is a senior at Yankton High and has committed to play baseball next year...

Comment

[QUOTE=ausbesticide;76745]
      Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      first of all if I am not mistaken Lalich isn't on scholarship.....
      pretty sure he is
      when he was announced as becoming a Jack it never said anything about him being on scholarship..... it said that he plans to enroll and play football for the Jacks.... maybe he was given a scholarship later.......

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
        from everyone that associates themselves with jacks football.

That clears it up, I guess.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I found out you guys offered a scholarship to a kicker from St. Louis. Kyle Harris from Hazelwood Central, it was reported on our board he could be your kicker immediatley.

Comment

I do know that the coaching staff was very disappointed in Mr Lalich conditioning when camp opened last summer. Also Parker and long snapper Kevin Robling were also unimpressed. That is not saying Mr Lalich is not a talented kicker, he may be very good. I know we will put a kicker on the field this fall that they have confidence in. Having a kicker like Parker here the past 4 yrs spoils all of us........

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by BearsCountry View Post
              I found out you guys offered a scholarship to a kicker from St. Louis. Kyle Harris from Hazelwood Central, it was reported on our board he could be your kicker immediatley.
              You are correct sir.

About 3/4th's down in the article.

http://prepsports.stltoday.com/ssi/p...A?OpenDocument

HARRIS GETS FIRST OFFER
              "Hazelwood Central kicker Kyle Harris received his first scholarship offer Wednesday, from the Division I-AA South Dakota State Jackrabbits."

Comment

On the sdsportstalk board there has been mention of Will Castle from Brandon playing at SDSU next year. No mention if he is walk on or scholie. I've always liked watching Will play and am excited that he may become a Jackrabbit. I believe he was a two time all-stater as well as placing in the shot and disc in track last season. Anybody know anything else?
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

If Will Castle comes to SDSU, it will not be as a walk-on! He is getting his school paid for somewhere, hopefully as a Jack.

Wednesday is the day. Looking forward to seeing some of these kids sign on the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                    If Will Castle comes to SDSU, it will not be as a walk-on! He is getting his school paid for somewhere, hopefully as a Jack.

Wednesday is the day. Looking forward to seeing some of these kids sign on the bottom line.
                    I would assume he's already committed somewhere....Wednesday is not to far away
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this years recruiting class...what we have committed, what we still need or are still looking at, who we lost, etc...

I hear we are done with offensive recruits, although I was hoping we could get in another good receiver...also a kicker is a priority... hopefully the kid you guys are talking about is good and will decide to come here. I guess we lost the one we really wanted but we need someone to kick this coming season...TRUST ME!

Comment

From what ive heard Will may be offered a walk on at Iowa where he is really good friends with Rielly R. He was impressed at state with us winning the confrence but he wasnt sure if they were going to offer him a schollie because the coaching staff said they were only going to offer 3 for OL. he might not have his mind made up by signing day either. But he did turn down USD right away. He does want to play D-1. All in all, i hope we get him.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's the latest verbal commitment reported in Saturday's Argus leader.

We picked up another one today as reported in the sports brief section of the Argus:

Mike Lien, a linebacker from Valencia, Calif., has made a verbal commit­ment to play at South Dakota State. The 6­foot-1, 217-pound senior had 33 solo tackles and 157 assists, earning all-California Inter­scholastic Federation and all-Southern Califor­nia honors. Lien said that he also had been in contact with Washington State and San Diego State regarding becoming a walk-on.
                          That puts the list at thirteen that have been reported in the Argus and other credible sites:

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

Tyrel Kool - RB - Yankton, SD
                          Thomas O'Brien - QB - Winona, MN
                          John Fick - OL - Hull/Rock Valley, IA
                          Josiah Fitsimmons - DE - Ames, IA
                          Seth Daughters - TE - Winner, SD
                          Tyler Luethje - OL - Gladbrook-Reinbeck, IA
                          Keegan Nesvacil - TE - Middleton, WI
                          Aaron Rolin - WR - Lee's Summit, MO
                          Matt Holt - SS - Lee's Summit, MO
                          Julian Wagner - CB - Fort Worth, TX
                          Alex Olinger - OL - Ames, IA
                          Bo Helm - RB/DB - Childress, Texas
                          Mike Lien - LB - Valencia, CA

I'll try to keep this list up to date as we receive more verbals. More information on each recruit can be found by reading this entire thread.

Comment

Chris Tracy of West Lyon who originally verbaled to UND has reversed his decision and will be a Jack.

Comment

Here is a quote from Mike Lien's coach in a interview:

Muir said he hopes that a school will give Foothill League Co-Lineman of the Year and linebacker Mike Lien an opportunity.

The head coach said there has been interest from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Nevada, but no offers yet.

"I think someone's going to get a steal with him." Muir said.

Closer look at Mike Lien:
                              http://hscalifornia.scout.com/a.z?s=...=1&nid=2998182

Comment

Originally posted by BearsCountry View Post

Well it's official we have another commit per the argus leader:

Kicker Kyle Harris of Hazelwood Central (Mo.) High chosen SDSU. The 6-1, 185-pounder was a first-team All-American as a sophomore and earned all-state honors in Class 6A three times. Harris, who has a career long of 47 yards, made eight of 11 field goals as a senior and was invited to join Big 12 champion Missouri as a preferred walk-on.

Comment

Working...
                                X