2008 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Recruits

I thought I would start a list of top area players in 2008. Just a few to kick it off.

Riley Reiff 6'6 230 TE/DE Parkston (with his size and ability you would assume he is on a lot of DI schools radar)

Danny Isaacson 6'1 171 RB/LB O'Gorman (Coach Kueter calls him one of the best athletes he has seen in 30 years of coaching and that is saying something base on the talent he has had)

Preston Evans 6'0 225 LB Roosevelt (Probably would have made elite 45 as a junior if not for missing 4 games due to injury. Known as one of the hardest hitters in the state. May be out of our reach.

Tyrel Kool 5'10 175 RB Yankton (will be considered one of the top returning running backs)

Re: 2008 Recruits

I attended the Parkston-EPJ quarterfinal game and some Parkston fans told me Riley Reiff will be going to Iowa State and will most likely give a quiet verbal, and I'm sure Isaacson will follow his brothers to Augie. I am praying State can get Evans, he will be a rock in the middle.

Comment

This not intended as a rip but how many recruits do you think we will/should sign from South Dakota each year. Clearly, it should be a goal to sign the top 2 or 3... but what is the talent pool going to be like?

Comment

Originally posted by BTOWN 4 EVER
        I attended the Parkston-EPJ quarterfinal game and some Parkston fans told me Riley Reiff will be going to Iowa State and will most likely give a quiet verbal, and I'm sure Isaacson will follow his brothers to Augie.  I am praying State can get Evans, he will be a rock in the middle.
        Coaching change going to have any affect on that? I hope he at least considered us if we showed interest.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          [quote author=BTOWN 4 EVER link=1164647219/0#1 date=1164670520]I attended the Parkston-EPJ quarterfinal game and some Parkston fans told me Riley Reiff will be going to Iowa State and will most likely give a quiet verbal, and I'm sure Isaacson will follow his brothers to Augie.  I am praying State can get Evans, he will be a rock in the middle.
          Coaching change going to have any affect on that?  I hope he at least considered us if we showed interest.[/quote]

I heard that Riley Reiff will be going to Iowa for wrestling.

Comment

Will Castle from Brandon Valley would look good in a Jackrabbit uniform. He made all state as a junior at D-line, but I think he is a better O-lineman. I believe he is about 6'2" and 260 lbs. He loves to lift and is a great kid.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit
              This not intended as a rip but how many recruits do you think we will/should sign from South Dakota each year.  Clearly, it should be a goal to sign the top 2 or 3... but what is the talent pool going to be like?
              I'm not sure there is a quota on South Dakota kids! I think the talent will pool will vary from year to year. I would certainly hope in the coming years there are more than two or three athletes in the state that have the ability to play DIAA Football. I think many of the coaches have alluded to it that kids will have to work harder and challenge themselves to play at this level and they will once they realize what they have to do to get there. I think that's what having a DI school in the state does, but it will take time. I believe Montana still has less population than South Dakota and they have a couple of schools who have figuered pretty prominately in DIAA Football. Last count on the rosters University of Montana has 49 instate players and Montana State 37. Those schools like SDSU and many others have to go outside the immediate region to find talent that compliments the talent they can't find in there traditional recruiting territories. I don't think for the most part are recruiting territory has changed that much it's just we are looking for a little better athlete and more is expected in the offseason.

Comment

Montana has 900k, SD has 750k, and ND has 640k population.

Comment

Interesting I did not realize Montana has grown that much (are they counting buffalo and sheep). I found the 2005 census indicated South Dakota at 775,933 North Dakota 636,677 and Montana at 935,670. Anyway even with Montana having 150,000 more people I think in future years we can produce a similar ratio of DIAA Football Players. It's just the Montana schools have many more years for kids to realize what they need to do to become a DIAA football player. Wyoming a DIA school with just a population of 509,294 has 12 instate players. With their proximity to Denver I'm sure this is a big recruiting base along with everywhere else.

Comment

I lived in Montana for a few years and JACKGUY II is right on.
                    Let me pile on:
                    They start them young in Montana. They (all the larger towns Missoula, Helena, Billings, Bozeman Great Falls, and Kalispell) have a very developed kids league, and every one of those kids wants to grow up to be a 'Cat or a Griz. It is driven into them at a young age that if they want to play for the Griz or the Cats, you have to work hard. Another thing that is cool, is there is a lot of loyalty to staying instate, very few go out of state at the div 1 level. This also helps them to get more people to go to their games. Half the roster is from Montana, and that fills more seats and drives more competition amongst the next group of kids growing up to become Griz. This feeds on itself. In the end it benefits the Griz and the 'Cats programs.
                    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

I would expect SD to move in that direction, especially with the U moving up. However, it would take a decade or two to get close to what Montana has. They definitely have something unique going on in a large and low populated state.

Comment

Originally posted by BTOWN 4 EVER
                        I attended the Parkston-EPJ quarterfinal game and some Parkston fans told me Riley Reiff will be going to Iowa State and will most likely give a quiet verbal, and I'm sure Isaacson will follow his brothers to Augie.  I am praying State can get Evans, he will be a rock in the middle.

I talked to Riley at the Parkston Classic, he has been a family friend since I was young and he told me its down to 3 schools (Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska) He already has offers from Iowa and Wisconsin but his dream is to go to Nebraska so he said he will wait and see.

The other D-end for Parkston David Maxwell could be somebody to look out for he is only a sophomore though.

Comment

Is that for football or wrestling or both?

Comment

I asked him that exact question at the parkston classic and he said its all about football he loves wrestling but knows he would have to cut weight in college something he has never done in high school so unless something changes it would just be football for him.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X