Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Recruits

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Tyrel Kool from Yankton has been reported to have given his verbal commitment to Stig. Tyrel has speed which you can't teach but I'm not sure where he will fit in with SDSU. Perhaps in the defensive backfield or on special teams. Scroll down on the first link, he's the 4th player listed.

http://nebraska.scout.com/3/CampCountdown.html

http://media.inertiasports.net/image...71029-9150.jpg
    You are right, he's got the speed, the hands are questionable, which would probably move him to DB.

Comment

who was the other running back? I heard SDSU was looking at him also? Tyrel was kinda weird I guess thats how you would say it, when he was a sophomore many people thought he was going to go Big 12 Big 10 then he never really developed but still a good athlete for SDSU.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        who was the other running back? I heard SDSU was looking at him also? Tyrel was kinda weird I guess thats how you would say it, when he was a sophomore many people thought he was going to go Big 12 Big 10 then he never really developed but still a good athlete for SDSU.....
        DJ Eversley is the other back you might be thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          yup.....

Comment

Kyle Martens of Spearfish stated that he was receiving attention from Nebraska, Oklahoma, Toledo, South Dakota State University, Black Hills State

It's a long shot but saw it over on rivals.com and thought I would post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
              I haven't heard that DJ has been offered. I know Stig spoke with him about SDSU but thats all I know.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I haven't heard that DJ has been offered. I know Stig spoke with him about SDSU but thats all I know.
                Yea, I don't know if he has been offered, but Stig did meet with him. That is all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Word out of Avon was they offered to Earv Archambeau as a Running Back.... He's considering it but word is there are D-I FBS looking at him also....
                  This kid is only a junior, not saying SDSU wouldn't have still offered him but he is not a 2008 recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    This kid is only a junior, not saying SDSU wouldn't have still offered him but he is not a 2008 recruit.
                    I know that...... I understand that it is a 08 recruiting thread but somebody said that the coaching staff was in Avon and that is why.....

Comment

• Re: 2008 Recruits

From Terry's Blog.

Stiegelmeier is on the recruiting trail for another 12 days until a one-month dead period begins. He reports (from the Omaha area) that SDSU has been very well received and that impending Gateway affiliation is a part of that. It’s not all of it.
                      “We’ve got a really special story to tell this year with the finish and the rankings in the end and the new facility,” he said of overcoming an 0-3 start to win the Great West title, “and I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s easy to talk about how special things are right now at South Dakota State.”

Comment

• 2008 recruiting class

I dont know about every1 else but I am very excited about this recruiting class! With everything else going on this should be our best class ever to come into "B-town" in sdsu history. My nephew from Canton told me our verbal committment list is up to 3 or 4 players now.

Here are the guys I know of.

RB Tyrel Kool - Awesome running back out of Yankton I think. He has been on the radar of a bunch of schools since his sophomore year but he is staying in SD!
                        QB Thomas O'Brien - BIG TIME recruit out of Minnesota. Some bison fans from the cities I know said ndsu really wanted to get him.
                        The other 2 are out of Iowa but I don't know the names at this time. I believe one is out of Ames. Can anyone fill me in on these new recuits

Comment

• Re: 2008 recruiting class

I know they had a recruit day on Saturday and heard there were some commits then. Someone said they saw in the Argus that Kool had committed, but I have not seen that. I am real excited about O'Brien. If he has the tools they say he does, we could be looking at some great years watching him.

Keep up the good job coaches.

Comment

From Ames there is a Fitsimmions LB who is a 1 star on scout... says he hasn't verballed yet but who knows... On the Iowa Hawkeye board they said Iowa has talked to him.... They also seem to think that a Landon Zaputil from Cedar Falls has been highly recruited by SDSU he is a 5-11 220 pound linebacker....

Comment

In the sports brief section of the argus. I'd provide the link to this section but the Argus rarely updates this section of their website and it is always a day or two behind. Here is what it says:

This lists 2 recruits:

SDSU lands Yankton’s Kool
                              Yankton’s Tyrel Kool made a verbal commitment on Sunday to play football at South Dakota State.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound senior was a Class AA all* state pick at defensive back, but is projected to play running back for the Jackrabbits. Although limited to 80 carries this season due to a high ankle sprain, Kool finished his prep career with 276 rushes for 2,153 yards and 23 scores. Bucks coach Arlin Likness described Kool – who chose SDSU over rival North Dakota State – as perhaps the quickest back he’s coached in a 28-year career.

“South Dakota State was just the place where I felt like I belonged,” said Kool, also all-state in the 300 hurdles. “I like to think I canbea difference maker.” The Jacks also got a verbal from Jon Fick of Boyden- Hull/Rock Valley, former SDSU standout Paul Keiser’s alma mater. The 6-5, 250-pound Fick was named Class 2A first team all-state as a defensive lineman by The Iowa Sports Connection, but will likely play on the offensive line in college.

Comment

Fitsimmons is the kid from Ames!

So here is the verbal list as we know it.

RB Tyrel Kool - Awesome running back out of Yankton I think. He has been on the radar of a bunch of schools since his sophomore year but he is staying in SD!
                                QB Thomas O'Brien - BIG TIME recruit out of Minnesota. Some bison fans from the cities I know said ndsu really wanted to get him.
                                OL John Fick - Fick was named Class 2A first team all-state as a defensive lineman by The Iowa Sports Connection, but will likely play on the offensive line in college.
                                LB Fitsimmons - 4.8 40. He is also from a pretty good football program in Ames. Sounds like a pretty good sign.

I found O'Brien's junior year highlights on google. Here is a link. It would be great if someone could find senior highlights.
                                http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/921/453680.wmv

Comment

Working...
                                X