Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    That is how it had been done in the past but I thought this is the first year that they are ditching the regionalization format and sending the seeds as they fall.

SUPERBUNNY
    They definitely aren't going to a fully seeded tournament. I really wish they would, but apparently to them that's too big of a financial commitment. They would rather make a mockery of the tournament process in general by ignoring the fact that they could easily have the 9th and 10th best teams in the nation play in the 1st round, and have them feed into the 1st seeded team, completely screwing all 3 of those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      They definitely aren't going to a fully seeded tournament. I really wish they would, but apparently to them that's too big of a financial commitment. They would rather make a mockery of the tournament process in general by ignoring the fact that they could easily have the 9th and 10th best teams in the nation play in the 1st round, and have them feed into the 1st seeded team, completely screwing all 3 of those teams.
      Yeah, it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a difference since most games are going to have to fly to anyway. Seed the whole thing. Then you only have people complaining of where there seed is, which is much more fair then the current system. Of course they are going to use the excuse that what's in the best interest of the student athlete.....not saying that's a bad idea, but I don't like how the NCAA chooses what is or isn't in the best interest. Many times its not in their best interest as it is in the NCAAs interest.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        But if we ended up 9th wouldn't we have to host the first week to the 24th seed, if we win travel to the 8th seed, and if we win then travel to the 1st seed (Bison). If that is the case, then sign me up for the 8th seed and the bye.

SUPERBUNNY
        I got an email from the Ticket Office yesterday summarizing the playoff ticket scenarios and decided to sign on to my ticketing account to give it a test run before tickets are officially on sale at 1pm on 11/20. Anyway, the system indicates the tickets I have available are for 12/3 at a time TBA. Hopefully the ticketing system is psychic and "knows" the Jacks will get a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          I got an email from the Ticket Office yesterday summarizing the playoff ticket scenarios and decided to sign on to my ticketing account to give it a test run before tickets are officially on sale at 1pm on 11/20. Anyway, the system indicates the tickets I have available are for 12/3 at a time TBA. Hopefully the ticketing system is psychic and "knows" the Jacks will get a bye.
          I confirmed with the ticket office that season ticket holders get first crack at "their" seats. I didn't think that was real clear in the email. Parking (and parking passes) same as regular season -- that was clear in the email. So, if we don't get a first-round bye, then season ticket holders can go on line or start calling at 1:00 PM Sunday to buy some or all of the seats they held per season tickets during regular season. Season tickets that are not so purchased, will be "released" for sale on Wednesday.

I understand additional emails will be sent out as the selection process unfolds.

Go Jacks! Kick UNI!

Comment

Early forecast for next Saturday is low 40's and partly cloudy. The snow should be melted off prior to Saturday as Thursday and Friday call for upper 30's and low 40's. Ideal football weather in the upper Midwest.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Note that UND didn't play Montana or EWU. So there is some possibility that UND gets paired with EWU rather than NDSU. Personally, I hope all 3 Dakota schools get seeded (go SHSU + W&M). Then pair NDSU and UND, SDSU and EWU. Other things that could also change seeding is if The Citadel wins tough FBS UNC game. Substantially less likely, if Chattanooga wins at Alabama, guaranteed seeded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Note that UND didn't play Montana or EWU. So there is some possibility that UND gets paired with EWU rather than NDSU. Personally, I hope all 3 Dakota schools get seeded (go SHSU + W&M). Then pair NDSU and UND, SDSU and EWU. Other things that could also change seeding is if The Citadel wins tough FBS UNC game. Substantially less likely, if Chattanooga wins at Alabama, guaranteed seeded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm really not sure that I'd want to go to EWU over NDSU. I think we match up better with NDSU and have familiarity with them. EWU's passing offense could be big trouble for us on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  I'm really not sure that I'd want to go to EWU over NDSU. I think we match up better with NDSU and have familiarity with them. EWU's passing offense could be big trouble for us on the road.
                  The field at EWU is also a big factor. Last time the Jacks played there they had trouble finding the ball at times because it blended in so well with the red. This may seem weird, but this is what one of the student coaches told me after that game. He told me the team had no desire to play there ever again. Unless by some miracle of how the bracket is laid out, the road to Frisco goes through NDSU or EWU. (They would both have to be on one side of the bracket with the Jacks on the other.)
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    I confirmed with the ticket office that season ticket holders get first crack at "their" seats. I didn't think that was real clear in the email. Parking (and parking passes) same as regular season -- that was clear in the email. So, if we don't get a first-round bye, then season ticket holders can go on line or start calling at 1:00 PM Sunday to buy some or all of the seats they held per season tickets during regular season. Season tickets that are not so purchased, will be "released" for sale on Wednesday.

I understand additional emails will be sent out as the selection process unfolds.

Go Jacks! Kick UNI!
                    If you "buy" the tickets and select "Will Call" for the delivery method, which was the only option when I checked, it'll show that the seats available are the ones where you already have season tickets.

Comment

• Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      The field at EWU is also a big factor. Last time the Jacks played there they had trouble finding the ball at times because it blended in so well with the red. This may seem weird, but this is what one of the student coaches told me after that game. He told me the team had no desire to play there ever again. Unless by some miracle of how the bracket is laid out, the road to Frisco goes through NDSU or EWU. (They would both have to be on one side of the bracket with the Jacks on the other.)
                      Eastern Washington narrowly escaped last night. They trailed by 7 entering the 4th but scored 14 unanswered to beat Portland state. That loss would have likely ensured that we would not have seen ewu until at least the semifinals, if we ended up with a seed ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
                        Eastern Washington narrowly escaped last night. They trailed by 7 entering the 4th but scored 14 unanswered to beat Portland state. That loss would have likely ensured that we would not have seen ewu until at least the semifinals, if we ended up with a seed ourselves.
                        I forgot to mention that ewu's Cooper kupp left the game with an apparent shoulder injury. Nothing to report on the severity but thought it was worth mentioning as their air attack would be a little less scary minus kupp.

Comment

I forgot to mention that ewu's Cooper kupp left the game with an apparent shoulder injury. Nothing to report on the severity but thought it was worth mentioning as their air attack would be a little less scary minus kupp.
                          Thanks for the update. Do you play in the XFL?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Thanks for the update. Do you play in the XFL?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                            I was wondering when I was going to be asked that
                            I do not, but I remember watching as a kid. He hate me later went on to play for Carolina in the NFL, by his real name , Rod Smart. Here's a little bit of reading material on the topic for anyone who's looking to kill a few minutes this weekend https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Smart

Long story short, no real reason behind the name, just couldn't think of anything else clever. Not my intent to have a bunch of he's hate me or anything...

Comment

FYI, this game is replaying right now on Audience Network (239 on Directv). Portland St. is about to go up by 7 late in the 3rd. If you want to get a look at a team we might end up playing in the playoffs if we win a game or 2, tune in. (or if you're bored waiting for football to start)

Comment

Wow... EWU got away with an interception early in the 4th quarter that was ruled incomplete and held up in review, but looked pretty clearly like an interception on replay. I'm so sick of being able to clearly seeing something on a replay and it not being called the right way. It's not that hard, make the correct call.

Comment

Working...
                                X