Best Case Scenario for a seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

I'm supposed to buy that UND is a top 10 team in the nation? Sure.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      In the Big Sky, yes. If they were in the MVFC, no

Comment

As painful as it is, they play in a "power" conference, only have one FCS loss, beat a team who beat us at home, and haven't lost since week two. Our loss is much fresher in the committees minds. It is what it is, and unfortunately with what we have left in our schedule we don't have any opportunities to catch up with a signature win. Our last two games are a real catch 22. Both teams are similar because of we beat them they end with a losing record and aren't a good win. If we lose its to a bubble team at best and lose the slim chance remaining at a seed, even though we know these will be tough games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I agree but that's where SDSU will likely go if UND gets seeded and I'd be ok with that. If not them then we're likely headed to Eastern Washington and they might be the best team in the country.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here is the latest mock bracket I found:
            http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

Looking at the top 8 seeds, Central arkansas is the only team that has a decent chance of losing next week, vs Sam Houston state, and would likely fall out of the top 8 if they do so.

If we don't crack the top 10 in the playoff rankings, which I think are released Tuesday this week and not Thursday like the last two weeks, I don't think much is really on the line in terms of playoff positioning for us next week. We should already be a lock for a spot and without some crazy upsets ahead of us, I don't think we get a top 8, even if we win.

However, winning our first valley title is certainly worth playing for.

Comment

Well if UND and SDSU are a coin flip for the No. 8 seed. I can see them giving it to SDSU. We average 15,000 in attendance. UND does not have a capacity that large. NCAA football playoffs does factor in revenue. They may say they don't but I have seen Montana get preferential treatment in seeding due to attendance.

We we just need to beat UNi and we can get a seed IMO.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post

Looking at the top 8 seeds, Central arkansas is the only team that has a decent chance of losing next week, vs Sam Houston state, and would likely fall out of the top 8 if they do so.

If we don't crack the top 10 in the playoff rankings, which I think are released Tuesday this week and not Thursday like the last two weeks, I don't think much is really on the line in terms of playoff positioning for us next week. We should already be a lock for a spot and without some crazy upsets ahead of us, I don't think we get a top 8, even if we win.

So this would have the Jacks playing Maine in Brookings Thanksgiving weekend, correct?

Comment

i see that Sam Houston state #2 plays central Arkansas #7. if SHS wins can we get into the top 8?
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    Well if UND and SDSU are a coin flip for the No. 8 seed. I can see them giving it to SDSU. We average 15,000 in attendance. UND does not have a capacity that large. NCAA football playoffs does factor in revenue. They may say they don't but I have seen Montana get preferential treatment in seeding due to attendance.

We we just need to beat UNi and we can get a seed IMO.
                    A conference win on the road to lock up a seed after beating a rival the week before? I think I've seen this movie.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      i see that Sam Houston state #2 plays central Arkansas #7. if SHS wins can we get into the top 8?
                      I think there's a chance. If we crack the committee's top 10 for this week's rankings, I'd feel more confident. If we don't, I'm not sure there will be enough shakeup ahead of us to move up that far even with a win at uni this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        So this would have the Jacks playing Maine in Brookings Thanksgiving weekend, correct?
                        Yes, that's correct. If we aren't going to get a seed, I think this draw would be rather favorable for us. Although anything but a trip to Fargo in the second round seems favorable when compared to years past.

Comment

Yes, that's correct. If we aren't going to get a seed, I think this draw would be rather favorable for us. Although anything but a trip to Fargo in the second round seems favorable when compared to years past.
                          The latest mock bracket on AGS has UND as the #8 seed, and SDSU hosting Weber State with the winner going to Grand Forks.I wouldn't mind that one at all - we wouldn't get the Bison until the semi's if they get the #1 seed, or the championship game if they get the 2 seed.

Comment

With Villanova and Chattanooga losing one would think we would move up
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Unfortunately, the forecast could prevent me from being able to safely travel to the game, but I must agree that Maine seems like a favorable opponent.

Comment

A conference win on the road to lock up a seed after beating a rival the week before? I think I've seen this movie.
                                Are we taking a bus to Iowa? Or flying? Weather is going to turn to the worse Thursday night and Friday. Yes I seen this movie before.

Comment

Working...
                                X