X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Case Scenario for a seed

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    The disappoint is the worst.

Seriously though, best case is the 8 seed with NDSU the 2 or 3 seed.

Worst case is being the best unseeded team and getting jobbed by regionalization.
    My "disappoint" was so great after watching the MBB team that I couldn't even bring myself to proof read...

Post has now been edited because my OCD won't allow me to sleep with that bad of typo under my name.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
      I think there's a chance. If we crack the committee's top 10 for this week's rankings, I'd feel more confident. If we don't, I'm not sure there will be enough shakeup ahead of us to move up that far even with a win at uni this weekend.
      Well, the final committee rankings are out. Here's how it looks heading into the final week of play:

1. Ndsu, last week 3
      2. E wash, last week 2
      3. Jack st, last week 1
      4. James Madison, last week 4
      5. Sam Houston st, last week 5
      6. The citadel, last week 6
      7. Central arkansas, last week 9
      8. Richmond, last week 8
      9. N Dakota, last week 9
      10. Sdsu, last week NR

Central arkansas and shsu play each other so one of those two will lose (better if UCA loses). Richmond plays William and Mary, hope for an upset there. Und is idle, maybe we'd surpass them with a win. The citadel plays north Carolina I believe, not sure how far they'd drop with a loss there. I dont think any one else in the top 4 falls out of the top 8, even with a loss.

I'm not sure what would piss me off more: winning and getting snubbed or losing and wondering what could have been (last year's scenario).

Comment

Well, the final committee rankings are out. Here's how it looks heading into the final week of play:

1. Ndsu, last week 3
        2. E wash, last week 2
        3. Jack st, last week 1
        8. Richmond, last week 8
        9. N Dakota, last week 9
        10. Sdsu, last week NR

Central arkansas and shsu play each other so one of those two will lose (better if UCA loses). Richmond plays William and Mary, hope for an upset there. Und is idle, maybe we'd surpass them with a win. The citadel plays north Carolina I believe, not sure how far they'd drop with a loss there. I dont think any one else in the top 4 falls out of the top 8, even with a loss.

I'm not sure what would piss me off more: winning and getting snubbed or losing and wondering what could have been (last year's scenario).
        I think a convincing 2 or 3 touchdown win could be enough to vault us ahead of UND and Richmond or Central Arkansas if either of them lose. I'm not sure we would pass SHSU however.

Comment

1. Ndsu, last week 3
          2. E wash, last week 2
          3. Jack st, last week 1
          8. Richmond, last week 8
          9. N Dakota, last week 9
          10. Sdsu, last week NR

I wonder if UCA losing by multiple scores and the Jacks winning on the road could cause the Jacks to jump a couple spots in the rankings. According to the screengrab from Jacks' tweet regarding the rankings, they make the official selections 11/20/16 at 10 CT, right?

Also seems like very wishful thinking, but I wonder if an NDSU loss to the 'Yotes could help elevate the Jacks' ranking at least one spot.

Comment

If the Jacks win by any margin and Richmond and/or Central Arkansas lose, we should move ahead of them regardless if we win by 1 or 21 points.

Comment

To me the bigger question is do the Jacks with a win over UNI jump UND who has a bye ?
              Last edited by bigticket1; 11-16-2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm guessing we will end up in 9th. Man losing to Poly and ISU really hurt
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  To me the bigger question if do the Jacks with a win over UNI jump UND who has a bye ?
                  I wondered what the implications of their late bye might be too. Hopefully the committee says UND would exceed its bye quota with two consecutive byes

Comment

Regardless of bye or not, it's pretty apparent that we will be visiting NDSU in the playoffs unless they lose to USD.

NDSU will either be #1 or #2 seed and UND/SDSU will either be #7 or #8.

Unless both UCA and Richmond lose and UND/SDSU end up as the 7 and 8 seeds, which could mean we would possibly avoid NDSU but then have to travel to EWU instead.

Comment

I'd rather not be 8th if it means we go to Fargo in Round 3. I just want us to be on opposite sides of the bracket for once.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        I'd rather not be 8th if it means we go to Fargo in Round 3. I just want us to be on opposite sides of the bracket for once.
                        But if we ended up 9th wouldn't we have to host the first week to the 24th seed, if we win travel to the 8th seed, and if we win then travel to the 1st seed (Bison). If that is the case, then sign me up for the 8th seed and the bye.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          But if we ended up 9th wouldn't we have to host the first week to the 24th seed, if we win travel to the 8th seed, and if we win then travel to the 1st seed (Bison). If that is the case, then sign me up for the 8th seed and the bye.

SUPERBUNNY
                          This part isn't true. They only seed the top 8 teams and then regionalize the rest. Last year we were one of the last teams that didn't get seeded but ended up having to travel to Montana and the winner went to Fargo. We could realistically by the 9th seed and have to face NDSU in the second round because regionalization.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            This part isn't true. They only seed the top 8 teams and then regionalize the rest. Last year we were one of the last teams that didn't get seeded but ended up having to travel to Montana and the winner went to Fargo. We could realistically by the 9th seed and have to face NDSU in the second round because regionalization.
                            That is how it had been done in the past but I thought this is the first year that they are ditching the regionalization format and sending the seeds as they fall.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I don't think the NCAA said that there will not be regionalization. I believe they said that they would authorize extra travel to avoid rematches of regular season games in the first or second round.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I don't think the NCAA said that there will not be regionalization. I believe they said that they would authorize extra travel to avoid rematches of regular season games in the first or second round.
                                well us going to NDSU for the 2nd round would be a candidate for that.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X