Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Point taken, but there are too many games left to say the team cannot/will not meet fans' expectations. This loss could very well start a rather epic collapse, but it could also lead to changes that spur a dramatic playoff run. None of us know which will occur.

The red zone inefficiency is one aspect that I have not mentioned which does trouble me. I have wondered for some time whether Mengarelli should be used more like Kool with swing passes or as a slot receiver rather than trying to run him between the tackles.
    Ill tell you wants going to happen. We will make the playoffs but wont get a seed (partially maybe mostly because of yesterday). Thus we might (big might) get one home game before we are forced on the road and fed to NDSU or some other top team. Most fans will say successful season.

Its like listening to a CD on repeat. We are expecting a different song at the end but arent getting it.

Comment

Defense has to play better period. Defensive penalties extended just about every drive in first half. ISU had drives of 75, 80 and 84 yards in the first half. The defense should have never, I said never, been put on the field first by deferring to the second half. This was a huge mistake by the head coach. The wind is an excuse not acceptable. The wind is an element in most games. Yesterday the wind was SW16 across the field and ISU went south for the first Touchdown so stop the horrible reason for electing to put the defense on the field first.

Comment

The fake field goal on 4th and 17 has very little chance of success. That play had zero chance. No one was open, the defense covered the run and getting 17 yards was a pipe dream. Goedert was double covered about 6 yards downfield, far from the needed 17 even if he was wide open. Try the field goal like you did earlier or keep the offense on the field for a better chance for success.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          No one is demanding more $? How do you explain the minimum donation requirements for season tickets? I'm also positive donors were asked to give give give for the new stadium. With that we've got a right to expect more. No one is running to Sell demanding change.
          It's the cost of doing business like I stated above you are paying for a premium spot at an entertainment event like it or not you cannot argue with it. Apparently you don't like that fact. So choose not to pay and stay home or purchase walk up tix if you want to go to the game. I'm sure donors were asked to give as well but yet again it's a tax right off for them not pay to coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I will defend the fake field goal try. If I heard Stig correctly after the game, the play was for a pass or a run. He said we had an open receiver in the flat that had the yards. The QB made the decision to run. Playing to win! Go Jacks!!
            Passes to the flat don't get 1st downs on 4th and 17

Comment

Originally posted by tck9199 View Post
              It's the cost of doing business like I stated above you are paying for a premium spot at an entertainment event like it or not you cannot argue with it. Apparently you don't like that fact. So choose not to pay and stay home or purchase walk up tix if you want to go to the game. I'm sure donors were asked to give as well but yet again it's a tax right off for them not pay to coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Whats a tax right off?

Whats the point of a message board if we cant discuss the game?

Comment

Ill tell you wants going to happen. We will make the playoffs but wont get a seed (partially maybe mostly because of yesterday). Thus we might (big might) get one home game before we are forced on the road and fed to NDSU or some other top team. Most fans will say successful season.

Its like listening to a CD on repeat. We are expecting a different song at the end but arent getting it.
                One area where we seem to differ is that I'm not judging a season's success or failure when Jacks have at least three games left. The Jacks have the potential to play with anyone in the FCS. The question is whether they play like they have in their better games or like they did yesterday. There were people saying the Jacks' season was essentially lost after Cal Poly. I think doing so was an error in judgment and dooming the Jacks to a playoff loss is equally suspect.

Comment

No one is demanding more $? How do you explain the minimum donation requirements for season tickets? I'm also positive donors were asked to give give give for the new stadium. With that we've got a right to expect more. No one is running to Sell demanding change.
                  Maybe someone could tell us when Jackrabbit Club donations were not required for season tickets. I have had season tickets for nearly all the D1 days. That included some dismal seasons for the MBB team. The price of football went up for the tickets this year, but I had the notion it was to pay for the new stadium. There is likely a note to be paid for some of this yet. I would believe that Sell has brought a fair amount of positive change as I see the SJAC and Dykhouse Stadium. There is also some rumblings of a Frost remodel. Losing an away MVFC game is not likely to create major upheavals in the athletic department. No one likes to lose, but few expect to win every game. The MVFC is a tough place to win. 7-1 would be a successful year in this conference. NDSU, YSU, and SDSU all have that chance to finish 7-1. Carry on
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Whats a tax right off?

Whats the point of a message board if we cant discuss the game?
                    Its the opposite of a tax left off? Except people have gone to jail understating tax and income.

Comment

We do have more - a new state of the art stadium. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think our current players would suddenly get an S on their chest and automatically become better players because of it. If the stadium and the other new facilities combined with the success of the program don't bring in better recruits and raise the level of play in the next few years, then I will be disappointed. But I haven't reached that point yet this season.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Maybe someone could tell us when Jackrabbit Club donations were not required for season tickets. I have had season tickets for nearly all the D1 days. That included some dismal seasons for the MBB team. The price of football went up for the tickets this year, but I had the notion it was to pay for the new stadium. There is likely a note to be paid for some of this yet. I would believe that Sell has brought a fair amount of positive change as I see the SJAC and Dykhouse Stadium. There is also some rumblings of a Frost remodel. Losing an away MVFC game is not likely to create major upheavals in the athletic department. No one likes to lose, but few expect to win every game. The MVFC is a tough place to win. 7-1 would be a successful year in this conference. NDSU, YSU, and SDSU all have that chance to finish 7-1. Carry on
                        Seems like even in the 1960's people made contributions to the Jackrabbit Club and they were often season ticket holders. Twenty five bucks was a lot of money, but I suspect that was the most common amount contributed. I had, like some on this board, did not have a good feeling about going to Normal Ill, especially after ISU was coming off a close road loss to the Yotes. That besides a plane ride and not sleeping good the night before makes for a very flat performance. I don't think this one game will stop my monthly electronic contribution. Am I not totally happy about picking seat 28 and have to get up for all the beer drinkers who either are coming or going to get beer or are going to drain their lizard? I think I can live with all this and plan to be in my seat on Saturday. Yes we still can be co-champs if we run the tables. The Redbird announcers were commenting on how many good players we have returning next year so if not this year than there is always next year. We are lucky we have a coach who believes doing every thing honestly and morally.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 10-30-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

One area where we seem to differ is that I'm not judging a season's success or failure when Jacks have at least three games left. The Jacks have the potential to play with anyone in the FCS. The question is whether they play like they have in their better games or like they did yesterday. There were people saying the Jacks' season was essentially lost after Cal Poly. I think doing so was an error in judgment and dooming the Jacks to a playoff loss is equally suspect.
                          Im not judging this season. Im tellng you what history says will happen. Its not like we've only seen this scenario once. Its been repeated multiple times. We let an opportunity get away yesterday whether you want to admit it or not.

I have almost zero faith this team can rip off 6-8 straight wins.

Comment

Im not judging this season. Im tellng you what history says will happen. Its not like we've only seen this scenario once. Its been repeated multiple times. We let an opportunity get away yesterday whether you want to admit it or not.

Yes we did let an opportunity get away. I find it ironic that yesterday we found ourselves in the exact place as Youngstown did a week earlier in Brookings. I have slept in more motels in my life time than I care to admit, and often those places do not live up to their name such as Comfort Inn or even Holiday Express and they do not replace your own bed, and I not making any excuses but that might equally apply to the Youngstown Team. I don't know. Some of you former players can testify yea or nay on this but our guys came out flat yesterday, and was not the same team we had seen the four weeks before.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 10-30-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Failing to see what I haven't admitted, other than that I don't think I should give up hope on the Jacks; fortunately game outcomes aren't determined solely by history, and our future recruits' commitments aren't either. I've asserted the Jacks appear to be on an upward trajectory, while conceding that the loss could be a harbinger of a collapse -- no one knows what the future holds.

Comment

Failing to see what I haven't admitted, other than that I don't think I should give up hope on the Jacks; fortunately game outcomes aren't determined solely by history, and our future recruits' commitments aren't either. I've asserted the Jacks appear to be on an upward trajectory, while conceding that the loss could be a harbinger of a collapse -- no one knows what the future holds.
                                Just stay happy in your world of status quo buddy. Guess its hard to be disappointed with no expectations.
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X