Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I think there is some solace in knowing that the refs did make a mistake and they will likely be graded on things like this. If we want to get sh*tty refs out of MVFC games, we need to bring things like this to their attention. I don't know what the discipline process is or if they use things like this to grade officials in college, I assume they would. I know they use it in the NFL, especially when it comes to picking crews for playoff game and especially the super bowl. So imo it does do some good on the back end. Obviously they can't change it now, but hopefully it helps things get better going forward. Imagine how Oklahoma State feels with their loss to Central Michigan earlier this year.
    You can do all that without making one thing public or even telling Stig. I don't feel any better about that game knowing we probably had it taken from us. Not one bit.

Comment

Patty V needs to take care of this problem.
      IMO never in the history of college sports has a conference preformed so well "in spite" of its commissioner. Patty V is an abject failure as a commissioner and basically rides the coat tails of really good AD's, Presidents and Institutions.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Will the selection committee be aware of this?
        Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        I realize most are looking ahead but Zimmer blog stated that the MVFC offices told Stieg that Goedert and Wieneke TDs should have counted.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Patty V needs to take care of this problem.
          IMO never in the history of college sports has a conference preformed so well "in spite" of its commissioner. Patty V is an abject failure as a commissioner and basically rides the coat tails of really good AD's, Presidents and Institutions.
          Like people who rail on Roger Godell who ultimately serves at the pleasure of the owners, you realize she works for the Presidents/Institutions, right? As long as she is there, one has to assume she is meeting expectations.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

On Stig's radio program on Monday night, it was discussed how officials are evaluated. The Big Ten, MAC and Valley have the same people grade and evaluate officials in the games of all three conferences. If I understood correctly, there is a pool of officials that work all three leagues and the highest grading officials work the two FBS conferences and the Valley gets whats left. Not sure if this happens and officials are shifted during the season, or if the rankings are done after the season and the Valley gets the lower ranked officials the next season. It didn't give much hope for the Valley getting better officiating any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              On Stig's radio program on Monday night, it was discussed how officials are evaluated. The Big Ten, MAC and Valley have the same people grade and evaluate officials in the games of all three conferences. If I understood correctly, there is a pool of officials that work all three leagues and the highest grading officials work the two FBS conferences and the Valley gets whats left. Not sure if this happens and officials are shifted during the season, or if the rankings are done after the season and the Valley gets the lower ranked officials the next season. It didn't give much hope for the Valley getting better officiating any time soon.
              Sorry, I didn't see Thumper's previous explanation.

Comment

Maybe the league needs to have certain standards for replay. like how many cameras and what angles to cover. I am guessing it probably varys from stadium to stadium what sort of production and quality they have. ISUR got bad calls at USD, we got hosed at ISUR. Its like the league or officals were trying to right a wrong for ISUR since they got bad calls the week before. 2 wrongs don't make a right.......but 3 lefts do.

It was almost like the summit league officials were doing football.......sorry if that's considered smack in a non smack thread.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Maybe the league needs to have certain standards for replay. like how many cameras and what angles to cover. I am guessing it probably varys from stadium to stadium what sort of production and quality they have. ISUR got bad calls at USD, we got hosed at ISUR. Its like the league or officals were trying to right a wrong for ISUR since they got bad calls the week before. 2 wrongs don't make a right.......but 3 lefts do.

It was almost like the summit league officials were doing football.......sorry if that's considered smack in a non smack thread.
                  Half the problem is it seems like most of the games only have cameras on one half of the field, which is why we got screwed in on the NDSU touchdown and in Wienekes TD. You wouldnt think the cost is too much higher to add a camera on the opposite side corner of the endzones at least.
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    Half the problem is it seems like most of the games only have cameras on one half of the field, which is why we got screwed in on the NDSU touchdown and in Wienekes TD. You wouldnt think the cost is too much higher to add a camera on the opposite side corner of the endzones at least.
                    so, if midco isn't covering the SDSU game, do we still have replay or do we have the cameras angles and views depending on who is broadcasting the game, or do they use different cameras for replay then they use for the game? Seems like when watching sports on TV there are some games and don't recall which sport but they say things like they replay official can only see what we see.......seems like other games or sports announcers say that the replay officials have different replays then what they have on TV.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Same officiating crew (minus 2) that worked the YSU vs ISU on October 8th. What kind of rotation having the crew back in three weeks at Normal. I bet the f-bombs that Spack and Pellini threw at this crew scared them for the game. Shame on the MVFC for putting officials in that position to listen to Spack again and make sure he gets his way. I thought I read somewhere the replay official for the NDSU game was working his third game in Fargo this year. Shame on the MVFC.
                      Last edited by Hareofthedog; 11-02-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I suspect the lineman down field call was influenced by the Illinois State sideline. I think the wing official who called it was on their sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Many of the penalties came from that side of the field. The outside run game went to ISU side thus no holding penalties on the tackle hooking the end allowing the running back to get wide. Watch the game. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                            Same officiating crew (minus 2) that worked the YSU vs ISU on October 8th. What kind of rotation having the crew back in three weeks at Normal. I bet the f-bombs that Spack and Pellini threw at this crew scared them for the game. Shame on the MVFC for putting officials in that position to listen to Spack again and make sure he gets his way. I thought I read somewhere the replay official for the NDSU game was working his third game in Fargo this year. Shame on the MVFC.
                            The NDSU broadcasters mentioned during the game that they thought they recognized the one replay official.

Comment

Working...
                            X