Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Illinois State 2016

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I wasn't able to actually watch the game and see all the replay angles available, but from the angle captured here, if it was ruled out of bounds, they can't overturn it because you can't see the back side of Jake's foot. Inconclusive whether the is in or out. Now, you and I and everyone here knows that he doesn't have 24" long feet, so it's impossible that it could be out based on that still, but even so, you can't see the back of his foot so the call had to stand. If you could see from other angles that the back side of his foot was in and they still called him out, then yeah, that's pretty bogus.

The ineligible downfield call was quite terrible. None of the three were past the LOS when the ball was thrown.
    It doesnt matter where the back of his foot is when it comes down because his toe hits first and you can clearly see that in the video. It was just a completely 1000% missed call.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      It doesnt matter where the back of his foot is when it comes down because his toe hits first and you can clearly see that in the video. It was just a completely 1000% missed call.
      The officials were almost as bad at their job as our players and coaches were at their job. Several very questionable calls and the 2 previously mentioned absolutely incorrect calls. No excuse but had a huge impact on the flow of the game and some impact on the ultimate outcome, I think.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
        Are you sure? I've always, always thought the entire foot has to be inbounds for it to be a catch.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Are you sure? I've always, always thought the entire foot has to be inbounds for it to be a catch.
          Why then is a catch considered legal when a receiver's body is out of bounds and he drags his toes in the field of play ? The back of the foot doesn't land in bounds then.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Why then is a catch considered legal when a receiver's body is out of bounds and he drags his toes in the field of play ? The back of the foot doesn't land in bounds then.
            If it's a toe that drags from in bounds to out of bounds before the rest of the foot touches, that's a complete pass. If it is a toe coming down in bounds then the heel coming down out of bounds without the toe dragging out of bounds first, that's an incomplete pass. This is why sometimes you'll see a receiver do a toe tap and fall out of bounds, as to make sure that the rest of his foot doesn't come down.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              If it's a toe that drags from in bounds to out of bounds before the rest of the foot touches, that's a complete pass. If it is a toe coming down in bounds then the heel coming down out of bounds without the toe dragging out of bounds first, that's an incomplete pass. This is why sometimes you'll see a receiver do a toe tap and fall out of bounds, as to make sure that the rest of his foot doesn't come down.
              Thank you. https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...ed_in_but_toe/

Also, so what replay angles were available? Just the one shown in the still? or were there more that they showed live?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I realize most are looking ahead but Zimmer blog stated that the MVFC offices told Stieg that Goedert and Wieneke TDs should have counted.
                Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 11-02-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  I realize most are looking ahead but Zimmer blog stated that the MVFC offices told Stieg that Goedert and Wieneke TDs should have counted.
                  Wow. That's 14 points taken off the board. I can understand the one called back by penalty (judgment call in heat of the moment), but how in the holy hell was Jake's not overturned then? If the MVFC can make that determination why can't the replay official? It really makes me question why we even have replay. That call completely changed that game. We may have still lost but that took some wind out of our sails.

Comment

What a joke. This acknowledgement is worthless. I know it’s standard to do this at all levels, but it really is dumb. Fix the process to get the calls right, don’t apologize after. Jake’s TD should have been overturned, and in my opinion, the ineligible lineman downfield was a worse call yet and should be a reviewable play as well.

These may have not mattered in the outcome of the game, and one can say we should have played better anyway, but holy smokes. 14 points, momentum, change of style of play, etc. etc. etc. What a difference.

I thought it was comical that the MVFC twitter account tweeted something out on Saturday about Jake tying the conference TD record with a replay of one of his earlier TDs from the ISU-R game. Get the refs/replay process fixed and he would have broke the record in the same game.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I didn't want to post anything but I was told the same. I had no doubt that was the case when I watched them both live and on replay. That crew was an absolute disgrace and I don't disagree with Stig, they definitely impacted the outcome of the game and may have been the reason SDSU lost. That crew seemed very biased toward ISU. Very frustrating to see.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        What a joke. This acknowledgement is worthless. I know it’s standard to do this at all levels, but it really is dumb. Fix the process to get the calls right, don’t apologize after. Jake’s TD should have been overturned, and in my opinion, the ineligible lineman downfield was a worse call yet and should be a reviewable play as well.

These may have not mattered in the outcome of the game, and one can say we should have played better anyway, but holy smokes. 14 points, momentum, change of style of play, etc. etc. etc. What a difference.

I thought it was comical that the MVFC twitter account tweeted something out on Saturday about Jake tying the conference TD record with a replay of one of his earlier TDs from the ISU-R game. Get the refs/replay process fixed and he would have broke the record in the same game.
                        I agree. It's an absolute joke. They shouldn't even acknowledge these things. It doesn't help one bit. What is the motivation behind saying anything? Is it supposed to make us/the players/the coaches feel better? I hope it pisses them the f off and they use it as motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I didn't want to post anything but I was told the same. I had no doubt that was the case when I watched them both live and on replay. That crew was an absolute disgrace and I don't disagree with Stig, they definitely impacted the outcome of the game and may have been the reason SDSU lost. That crew seemed very biased toward ISU. Very frustrating to see.
                          That crew should be removed from working any MVFC games in the future. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I agree. It's an absolute joke. They shouldn't even acknowledge these things. It doesn't help one bit. What is the motivation behind saying anything? Is it supposed to make us/the players/the coaches feel better? I hope it pisses them the f off and they use it as motivation.
                            I think there is some solace in knowing that the refs did make a mistake and they will likely be graded on things like this. If we want to get sh*tty refs out of MVFC games, we need to bring things like this to their attention. I don't know what the discipline process is or if they use things like this to grade officials in college, I assume they would. I know they use it in the NFL, especially when it comes to picking crews for playoff game and especially the super bowl. So imo it does do some good on the back end. Obviously they can't change it now, but hopefully it helps things get better going forward. Imagine how Oklahoma State feels with their loss to Central Michigan earlier this year.

Comment

Welp...make it 21 points(that we know of) taken from this team this year. I agree the MVFC officiating so far this season has been at best suspect, at worst...down right bad.
                              I don't remember the officiating being this talked-about(in a bad way mind you) ever since we've been in the MVFC.
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                That crew should be removed from working any MVFC games in the future. It's that simple.
                                The problem is that they are a part of the officials who ref the B1G, MAC, and the MVFC. We get the trash. The good ones get promoted up. I didn't realize that until I heard Stig say it on his coaches show this week. So we always get the poorest performers. The theory is since they are all from the same pool as the B1G you get a higher quality of official overall I would assume. But like Stig said, once a guy starts doing really well reffing our games they get promoted out. Its the nature of our level, and its unfortunate. The officiating has been awful all year though compared to most years IMHO. ISUr has been screwed, NDSU has had a couple games with complete garbage officiating the whole game, we've gotten screwed, its a mess conference wide and its disappointing. We shouldn't have MEAC and SWAC level officiating in a top level conference.
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X