Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Also, were all the club/loge seats sold out as season tickets ? If they weren't, I don't think they sell them as single game tickets, so that would make a total sell out unlikely.
    Sanford employees (and maybe First Premier) are able to purchase them at a discounted price of $47 for this game. I would venture to guess they'll be full.

Comment

Has anyone had problems with people sitting in your seats? Every game this year I have either had someone in my seat or heard of someone in another persons seat. They try to tell me that there are plenty of seats on the other side, go sit there. I have season tickets in section 106, along with 31 of my friends and family. Needless to say I got upset and had to kick them out of my seat. During the WIU game, a guy with an amputated leg and crutches had 4 seats behind a friend. Someone else was in those seats and he told them that he has tickets for those seats. Nobody moved and all they said was people can sit where they want, there's seats up there. Anyone else had this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
        Has anyone had problems with people sitting in your seats? Every game this year I have either had someone in my seat or heard of someone in another persons seat. They try to tell me that there are plenty of seats on the other side, go sit there. I have season tickets in section 106, along with 31 of my friends and family. Needless to say I got upset and had to kick them out of my seat. During the WIU game, a guy with an amputated leg and crutches had 4 seats behind a friend. Someone else was in those seats and he told them that he has tickets for those seats. Nobody moved and all they said was people can sit where they want, there's seats up there. Anyone else had this issue?
        Not at that venue, but that makes my day when I can march down to security and have them explain to them the errors of their thinking. Some places, that is an automatic removal from the site if you try to argue with security.

Comment

Thats ridiculous. The tickets have row and seat locations for a reason. That would piss me off too.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

People sitting in seats that do not belong to them is not uncommon at all, although I've never had someone refuse to move out of my seat once their error has been pointed out. There have been plenty of times where I've said go ahead and sit there, the whole row behind is open. If I get asked to move, sh!t runs downhill though, and whoever is in my seat will be asked to move at that point.

Get security involved if people won't move.

IMO, there is no harm sitting in seats until the owner arrives. Especially given the infrequency of sellouts at SDSU. Once you know that someone actually wants to sit there, move out.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              People sitting in seats that do not belong to them is not uncommon at all, although I've never had someone refuse to move out of my seat once their error has been pointed out. There have been plenty of times where I've said go ahead and sit there, the whole row behind is open. If I get asked to move, sh!t runs downhill though, and whoever is in my seat will be asked to move at that point.

IMO, there is no harm sitting in seats until the owner arrives. Especially given the infrequency of sellouts at SDSU. Once you know that someone actually wants to sit there, move out.
              Agreed. No problem sitting there if the seat is open but refusing to move is a jerk move. Never had that happen to me before. I'd be pissed if it did.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

We had 4 tickets then someone else had 4 in the row and we had the next 4 on their other side. not sure how that worked out that we had 8 but split with 4 people between us. We just asked if they would swap a few down for us so we could sit together, not a big deal and they were more then nice to switch. 4 younger adults so wasn't much of an inconvenience for them. otherwise we would have just sat in 2 groups.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Or some will wait till the game starts, if seats still remain empty move up for better seats. Usually people in the wrong seats is a simple just had wrong row or section or something. usually just a misunderstanding that people are quick to move to other open seats of find their correct ones.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Usually people in the wrong seats is a simple just had wrong row or section or something. usually just a misunderstanding that people are quick to move to other open seats of find their correct ones.
                    Anyone else notice as you come out of the tunnels you can't tell what section is what when people are standing up. I have to constantly ask people in the front row what section they are since the people standing are blocking the section signs at the top. We need signs at the bottom IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      Anyone else notice as you come out of the tunnels you can't tell what section is what when people are standing up. I have to constantly ask people in the front row what section they are since the people standing are blocking the section signs at the top. We need signs at the bottom IMO.
                      Agree. Not easy to tell what section is what as you enter from the bottom. My kids were thoroughly confused the first game.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                        Agreed, thought it was weird that they didn't have more signage for sections in the front. or by the tunnels. hasn't been to confusing for us since we have a good idea where our seats have been, but people who aren't at many games or elderly I am sure it can add to the confusion of finding the right seat quickly.

Comment

No doubt better identification of sections is needed plus they have an army of people to protect against intruders into Club 71. They need more people to make certain that reserved seating is not being used by someone who has no ticket to support their claim to the seat. I think junior needs to get security involved when someone refuses to move.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Agreed, thought it was weird that they didn't have more signage for sections in the front. or by the tunnels. hasn't been to confusing for us since we have a good idea where our seats have been, but people who aren't at many games or elderly I am sure it can add to the confusion of finding the right seat quickly.
                            Seems like another sponsorship opportunity. Maybe one of you that have the ear of the administration could mention it.

Comment

Wow... that guy has some marbles... We have had a couple instances where we got in right before kick off and someone was hanging out in our seats, but they moved without question. If there are empty seats half way through the first quarter, I have always been of the opinion that if you want to, move into them, but be ready to move out of them without saying a word if someone comes to sit in them. I've been at many twins games where we bought cheap seats and on the first level between 1st and 3rd it was only 10% full, so a few innings in we would grab seats in that area, not right up front but toward the middle rows, and someone with season tix knowing that they weren't our seats would rat us out and we would have to move. People like that irk me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Wow... that guy has some marbles... We have had a couple instances where we got in right before kick off and someone was hanging out in our seats, but they moved without question. If there are empty seats half way through the first quarter, I have always been of the opinion that if you want to, move into them, but be ready to move out of them without saying a word if someone comes to sit in them. I've been at many twins games where we bought cheap seats and on the first level between 1st and 3rd it was only 10% full, so a few innings in we would grab seats in that area, not right up front but toward the middle rows, and someone with season tix knowing that they weren't our seats would rat us out and we would have to move. People like that irk me.
                                If you did not buy the ticket, you are trespassing. Some one squeals and you are irked?

Comment

Working...
                                X