Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Really enjoying how our passing game has looked so far. However, deep down, knowing Pelini is a defensive minded coach who probably will have a wrinkle up his sleeve, this one has me a little nervous. I'm picturing bracket coverage on Wieneke to try to keep him in check and a LB jamming Goedert on the line most of the game. They would be smart to force the run game. Man up on any receiver not named Jake or Dallas and roll the dice that way. Also, wouldn't be surprised if they spy a LB on TC all game long after last week's QB draw display.Hoping our defense can stand up to another run game. Not up to the standards of Cal Poly, but still could be a challenge.Looking forward to a great game. Wish I could be there!Go Jacks!
    They're going to need 15 guys on the field to pull off what you're talking about successfully. They will have to pick their poison, and hopefully we exploit their weaknesses.

Comment

Hobo day hasn't been great lately. Pellini is a defensive coach and will scheme to shut down Goedert then Weineke. Former RB coach Nic McKissic-Luke is coaching at YSU so he has good knowledge of Jacks offense and talent since he has only been gone one year. Those two concerns can present problems. I hope I am wrong and the game plan from the OC is better than their defensive plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
        Hobo day hasn't been great lately. Pellini is a defensive coach and will scheme to shut down Goedert then Weineke. Former RB coach Nic McKissic-Luke is coaching at YSU so he has good knowledge of Jacks offense and talent since he has only been gone one year. Those two concerns can present problems. I hope I am wrong and the game plan from the OC is better than their defensive plan.
        This is one assistant coaching change that might bite us in the rear! Who knows! We will find out Saturday.

Comment

My count of ticket sales as of 7:45 a.m. on Thursday.

19,300 capacity
          1,675 available
          17,625 sold (assuming student section is considered sold out)

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

19,300 capacity
            1,675 available
            Good numbers I think the remainder should sell between now and Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
              I bet its weird to go from "Holy Nutmeg" meetings to "Mother******" meetings.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

19,300 capacity
                1,675 available

Its really hard hard to sell out when there are a lot alums in combines trying to get crop in, harvest has been delayed some and guys are running as hard as possible all the rain really doesn't help with that also. I'll shut it down for this game though, and be back at it Sunday.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I bet its weird to go from "Holy Nutmeg" meetings to "Mother******" meetings.
                  Very funny I wondered that too. In Bo defense he knows the game. If he sat behind me or you at the game, we would probably learn a great deal about the game that we did not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    This is one assistant coaching change that might bite us in the rear! Who knows! We will find out Saturday.
                    That can work both ways,they have to worry about us "baiting " them to do certain things we want too with that knowledge,and run something opposite to what they expect.A couple plays like that,and it will be hard for them to trust their "game plan",if it is indeed based a lot on Nic's knowledge of Jacks playbook.We probably added a few pristine ones (plays) since he left too.I don't think it will be that big of a factor anyway,the team that plays the best always wins,right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      Its really hard hard to sell out when there are a lot alums in combines trying to get crop in, harvest has been delayed some and guys are running as hard as possible all the rain really doesn't help with that also. I'll shut it down for this game though, and be back at it Sunday.
                      We are going to have count on those who have never been near those $500,000 machines to buy the rest of the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                        Also, were all the club/loge seats sold out as season tickets ? If they weren't, I don't think they sell them as single game tickets, so that would make a total sell out unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          That can work both ways,they have to worry about us "baiting " them to do certain things we want too with that knowledge,and run something opposite to what they expect.A couple plays like that,and it will be hard for them to trust their "game plan",if it is indeed based a lot on Nic's knowledge of Jacks playbook.We probably added a few pristine ones (plays) since he left too.I don't think it will be that big of a factor anyway,the team that plays the best always wins,right?
                          I was thinking along those lines too, but could not compose it into a post. I hope you are right and Eric and Stig have to take this wrinkle into account and plan accordingly. How the first series goes will tell a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Also, were all the club/loge seats sold out as season tickets ? If they weren't, I don't think they sell them as single game tickets, so that would make a total sell out unlikely.
                            They are selling them as single game tickets (at least I know they are for this game).

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I think they were all sold out. Maybe someone else knows differently but there are only 1200 seats. There is a 10 year commitment to purchasing these seats as you may know.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                They are selling them as single game tickets.
                                Okay

Comment

Working...
                                X