Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Zimmer's twitter. He tweeted it out yesterday, and usually tweets links to the live chats each week.

@ArgusMattZ - https://twitter.com/argusmattz
    Thanks.

Comment

I said this in another thread so will repeat here. With our offense being diverse as it is, we should have the YSU defense guessing as much as the Bison were yesterday. Some of their safeties and LB were running all over the field confused because of Christion run plays. If we mix it up again this Saturday we should have more on the scoreboard at the end of the game. I am not into predictions of scores so will not do that, but I feel we should win/

Comment

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/oct/1...-test-vs-sdsu/

News out of Youngstown.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

There's an interesting tidbit buried in that Youngstown story. Coach Pelini supposedly is interested in the Purdue job. That might be good fodder for hecklers. I kind of like Pelini in the MVC though. He helps raise the profile of the league.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Pelini doesn't want to stay in the FCS; Yougstown is just a stepping stone for him to get back to "real" college football. I appreciate his ties to the school, but I don't think they mean diddly squat to him. If he's offered by Purdue, I'm sure he'll be gone in a heartbeat.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Would like to thing if we could hold NDSU line which would eat us up previous years, the YSU line we held fine on the road last year, I don't see them factoring in as much as they think. They will probably be what will keep YSU in the game, but I wonder if their offense is diverse enough, Unless they run a bunch of cal poly plays we aren't ready for. otherwise a run team really should be what our Defense is good against with our D line also. It hasn't really looked that way but last week I think showed they are capable of slowing down a running team.

Also Bo can probably wait for a better offer then Purdue. There will probably be some better jobs soon enough that would be a better fit for him. Unless he wants the challenge of being a program builder. Wonder how much he would complain about purdue fans compared to how much he did the Nebraska fans.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Per attendance, I think it's certain to be a record. The new stadium has, I believe, room for 19,340. My very rough estimate from looking online is that there are about 1,750 left. That would mean 17,590 tickets have already been sold. And that itself would set the record, I believe, by about 50 or so...very roughly. If the game doesn't sell out, it's going to be very, very close, I would think. I'd love to top 18,500, because that's the capacity of the Fargodome. I realize they have a more consistent level of fan support (every week is a sellout), but it'd be nice to top their best attendance and say the Hobo Day game is a record-setter for the Dakotas. No matter what, it should be a red letter day from a financial standpoint for the athletic department. Selling 18,000 tickets at $37 each (which appears to be the cheapest ticket) is $666,000. And that, of course, doesn't include money for parking, tailgating and concessions.

If our lines play like they did last week, we will win. Just hoping we maintain that consistency, which hasn't been our strength through the years. But I can't imagine everybody associated with the team doesn't grasp the opportunity ahead. Let's make the most of it!

(I'm excited about the uniform news, but will hope over to that thread to hear the latest. Given all we're being teased with, I don't think they'll be boring.)
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Ok just did the numbers... there are 1353 tickets available right now. If you are waiting on buying tickets... there are a few that have opened up in the reserved sections... must have been turned in.

Comment

I suppose my number-crunching assumes that every student seat is filled as those seats aren't sold. So the math might be off. Hopefully all the "sober" students will show up. (Sarcastic reference to the petition mentioned in another thread.)
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      I suppose my number-crunching assumes that every student seat is filled as those seats aren't sold. So the math might be off. Hopefully all the "sober" students will show up. (Sarcastic reference to the petition mentioned in another thread.)
                      They are asking students to "pre-scan" to ensure that they have a spot at the game. They only do this when there is the potential for a sellout.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        We open as a favorite at -3.5. I have no idea what the smart guys setting the lines know, but if we finish drives like we have all season rather than what we did in Fargo, we cover that easily. Stop the run again this week and do what we do on offense and this is a blowout. Dare YSU to throw. I hope we guard against a letdown after NDSU. I feel like that is our worst enemy this week. We sorely need to get over this Hobo Day hangover we have had the past few years. It's terrible.
                        I think they barely know who SD State is and Youngstown has some reputation whether it's earned or not. Especially with Pelini at the helm. Has me very interested and laying the points.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          We open as a favorite at -3.5. I have no idea what the smart guys setting the lines know, but if we finish drives like we have all season rather than what we did in Fargo, we cover that easily. Stop the run again this week and do what we do on offense and this is a blowout. Dare YSU to throw. I hope we guard against a letdown after NDSU. I feel like that is our worst enemy this week. We sorely need to get over this Hobo Day hangover we have had the past few years. It's terrible.
                          As long as Bo doesn't teach them the triple option this week. Just kidding, but not really. I trust this team will protect themselves from a serious letdown from last week's great win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Coach Pelini supposedly is interested in the Purdue job.
                            Any chance he goes back to the Bayou Bengals where I believe he was the DC of their championship team.

Comment

Really enjoying how our passing game has looked so far. However, deep down, knowing Pelini is a defensive minded coach who probably will have a wrinkle up his sleeve, this one has me a little nervous. I'm picturing bracket coverage on Wieneke to try to keep him in check and a LB jamming Goedert on the line most of the game. They would be smart to force the run game. Man up on any receiver not named Jake or Dallas and roll the dice that way. Also, wouldn't be surprised if they spy a LB on TC all game long after last week's QB draw display.Hoping our defense can stand up to another run game. Not up to the standards of Cal Poly, but still could be a challenge.Looking forward to a great game. Wish I could be there!Go Jacks!
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                                Really enjoying how our passing game has looked so far. However, deep down, knowing Pelini is a defensive minded coach who probably will have a wrinkle up his sleeve, this one has me a little nervous. I'm picturing bracket coverage on Wieneke to try to keep him in check and a LB jamming Goedert on the line most of the game. They would be smart to force the run game. Man up on any receiver not named Jake or Dallas and roll the dice that way. Also, wouldn't be surprised if they spy a LB on TC all game long after last week's QB draw display.Hoping our defense can stand up to another run game. Not up to the standards of Cal Poly, but still could be a challenge.Looking forward to a great game. Wish I could be there!Go Jacks!
                                I don't have football knowledge to recognize bracket coverage but did a Google and now wonder what NDSU used last Saturday. It appeared to be double coverage on most of big plays. Perhaps bracket coverage?
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-19-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X