Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Holy crap I just heard a rumor about what the uniforms are going to be on Saturday. Some people are going to lose their ****.

Edit: I was sworn to secrecy even tho I wish I could share.
    It's going to be awesome...can't wait. The hand wringing by some will be epic and the pure excitement and joy by others fantastic.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Any guesses on attendance? I had to pick up an additional ticket yesterday for a guest (that means me giving up my usual seat ) and it sounds like sales have been brisk but there are some really good seats still available on the east side. West side has seats available on the ends.

My wish: I'd like to see more than 17,000 which would be a tremendous turnout of fans in the region since it is unlikely Youngstown will bring a big crowd. I would like to see evidence that our fan base is growing faster in number and intensity (willing to go to a game) than what others may think. The weather is going to be perfect football weather: Mostly sunny sky and a high of 63. Wind prediction is 5-10 mph.
      Last edited by JackJD; 10-18-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Holy crap I just heard a rumor about what the uniforms are going to be on Saturday. Some people are going to lose their ****.

Edit: I was sworn to secrecy even tho I wish I could share.
        Any hints?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Any guesses on attendance? I had to pick up an additional ticket yesterday for a guest (that means me giving up my usual seat ) and it sounds like sales have been brisk but there are some really good seats still available on the east side. West side has seats available on the ends.

My wish: I'd like to see more than 17,000 which would be a tremendous turnout of fans in the region since it is unlikely Youngstown will bring a big crowd. I would like to see evidence that our fan ban is growing faster in number and intensity (willing to go to a game) than what others may think. The weather is going to be perfect football weather: Mostly sunny sky and a high of 63. Wind prediction is 5-10 mph.

16-17 was my guess. I think our best game of the year will be the USD game assuming both teams don't have epic meltdowns between now and then.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I looked at the ticket website yesterday morning and about 2700 were left. Just checked now, so just over 24 hours, there are about 2000 left. So about 700 tickets sold. I would say there's a good chance of there being more then 17,000 there.
            Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

My wish: I'd like to see more than 17,000 which would be a tremendous turnout of fans in the region since it is unlikely Youngstown will bring a big crowd. I would like to see evidence that our fan ban is growing faster in number and intensity (willing to go to a game) than what others may think. The weather is going to be perfect football weather: Mostly sunny sky and a high of 63. Wind prediction is 5-10 mph.
              I just bought tickets for my group of 6. For 4 of them it will be their first game in the new stadium. Hopefully we can put on a good show!
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                I just bought tickets for my group of 6. For 4 of them it will be their first game in the new stadium. Hopefully we can put on a good show!
                That's the kind of promotion each of the regular fans can do to build the base. And, you'll be doing your friends a favor if they haven't been to the stadium this season: they'll realize there's a new, big-time entertainment source in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Any hints?
                  With his hint of people losing their minds plus the enthusiasm of the team, I would bet on black jerseys. Young guys tend to love the black jersey look, and it would look super sharp with our blue. I love being with Under Armor btw, I think they've done a great job with our uniforms all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    With his hint of people losing their minds plus the enthusiasm of the team, I would bet on black jerseys. Young guys tend to love the black jersey look, and it would look super sharp with our blue. I love being with Under Armor btw, I think they've done a great job with our uniforms all around.

This would be my guess as well. I am betting all black with Blue letters and numbers outlined in yellow. Would love to see a completely new helmet and not just new stickers but that would probably be asking a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                      This would be my guess as well. I am betting all black with Blue letters and numbers outlined in yellow. Would love to see a completely new helmet and not just new stickers but that would probably be asking a lot.
                      Matte black helmet with a blue face mask and the new yellow rabbit head on it

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Ricky Davis starting at QB per various twitter outlets. Hunter Wells not available.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

That would be amazing.

Comment

Matte black helmet, metallic blue face mask , metallic blue wraparound rabbit logo and number combo. Please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone tell me how new helmets or uniforms are sponsored? Is this due to the Under Armour contract or is it from a general equipment fund? If it is from UA, do they design the equipment with their staff?
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Ticket office feels there is a good chance it will be a sellout. Get your tickets ASAP.

I don't give a flying F what the players wear as long as they play well. If Stig thinks it's worth spending the money on a new uniform every week and the result is successful so that the fan base continues to increase and support the program by getting their asses into the stands and donating to the Jackrabbit Club and SDSU then I'm all for it.

If the flash and flare is just for some dandy boys that want to pretend to be Jackrabbits fans it's probably not worth it. Having an ongoing discussion about how pretty the team looks is expected on a coyote fan board but not here, not IMHO.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X