Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2016

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I completely expect a very big crowd Saturday. This is the Jacks chance to set the tone for the rest of the season and maybe hook some new fans. We can't have a let down. We just can't. It's been our MO to have one every year, well we finally got the bison of our back now let's get this one of our backs too.

Go Jacks!
    This. Finally knocking them off is going to bring a bunch of new people to the game who likely wouldn't have if we lose the Marker. This is a HUGE opportunity to grow the fanbase, again. We've pissed it down our leg the last two opportunities like this. CANNOT let this one slip by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
      This. Finally knocking them off is going to bring a bunch of new people to the game who likely wouldn't have if we lose the Marker. This is a HUGE opportunity to grow the fanbase, again. We've pissed it down our leg the last two opportunities like this. CANNOT let this one slip by.

Yep. Almost seems like we play a lot better on the road than at home.

BTW, does it seem like to anyone else that Martin Ruiz and Jody Webb have been in college for 6 years now?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Yep. Almost seems like we play a lot better on the road than at home.

BTW, does it seem like to anyone else that Martin Ruiz and Jody Webb have been in college for 6 years now?
        I feel that way about most of the NDSU team, and Miles Bergner amongst others.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any major injuries we have that wont be in the game or any coming back from injury for this week?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Any major injuries we have that wont be in the game or any coming back from injury for this week?
            After the game on the radio, Stig said Blake Whitsell would be out for awhile. Also said Banasiak wasn't healthy yet prior to NDSU, took himself out during the game, so not sure if he'll be ready for YSU or not. I'd assume Dallas Brown may still be out. Injuries adding up on defense.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I believe YSU is down to their 3rd string qb, we should be able to sell out on the run I think.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                I believe YSU is down to their 3rd string qb, we should be able to sell out on the run I think.

What was the injury to the 1st and 2nd string QBs? looked like Strevler for USD was dinged up too. one more good thing with TC, going out of bounds and taking a slide, need to keep his ankles healthy for the year.

Comment

I am trying to talk as many Nebraska fans who weren't fans of Bo to come down and raz him a bit for the game. Try to heckle him.

Comment

What was the injury to the 1st and 2nd string QBs? looked like Strevler for USD was dinged up too. one more good thing with TC, going out of bounds and taking a slide, need to keep his ankles healthy for the year.
                    I guess from what I'm seeing the injury on the first string guy is being kept kinda quiet but a YSU guys said the other guys injury might be a career ender. Broken collarbone that needs a bunch of metal plates, screws, and surgery I guess.

Comment

Weather looks great, coming off a win at NDSU should bring in a big crowd. Doubt we sell out, but is a record crowd possible?

This is a big one. Winning keeps us on track for conference championship, a playoff seed, homefield, and fanbase growth. It would be a shame if we let the opportunity slip us by.

IMO, the big thing will be to score early. If we can somehow manage to get a double digit lead, they are very unlikely to come back from what I understand of their playing style.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Weather looks great, coming off a win at NDSU should bring in a big crowd. Doubt we sell out, but is a record crowd possible?

This is a big one. Winning keeps us on track for conference championship, a playoff seed, homefield, and fanbase growth. It would be a shame if we let the opportunity slip us by.

IMO, the big thing will be to score early. If we can somehow manage to get a double digit lead, they are very unlikely to come back from what I understand of their playing style.

Hopefully last years score reflects how well we can play against the quins. Also the fact we have lost some close ones on hobo day should be good motivation for this game. Is the team going to come out flat after getting the NDSU monkey off their back, or will they come fired up knowing they control their playoff destiny at this point. really looking forward to the parade and the game. It should be a good day for football too.

Comment

YSU has not allowed a rushing touchdown. Also, they do not often get 20 passes per game. They average about 260 rushing and 160 passing. Defensive speed is their strength. They held UNI QB Bailey to 44 yards rushing less the 34 yards in sacks. I would guess the Penquins try to figure out a way to disrupt the passing game while Jackrabbits try to find a way to get the rushing touchdown. 300 yards passing by the Jackrabbits would be the tipping point though. This could be the defense we see in the MVFC. It also could be the biggest crowd of the year.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            YSU has not allowed a rushing touchdown. Also, they do not often get 20 passes per game. They average about 260 rushing and 160 passing. Defensive speed is their strength. They held UNI QB Bailey to 44 yards rushing less the 34 yards in sacks. I would guess the Penquins try to figure out a way to disrupt the passing game while Jackrabbits try to find a way to get the rushing touchdown. 300 yards passing by the Jackrabbits would be the tipping point though. This could be the defense we see in the MVFC. It also could be the biggest crowd of the year.
                            If I remember correct, their DE Rivers had a good game against us last year. I think he was one of the few Penguins who showed up.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I like our chances against YSU's defense. They are good at shutting down the power running game, but we don't have that type of offense. We are pass first, with misdirection as our main source of running plays.

I think them being on the 3rd string QB will limit their offense as well. Our D-line does good against tradition power teams, where we struggle is against pass happy (SIU) or option teams (Cal Poly).

34-17 Jacks for my prediction...

Comment

The big advantage the Jacks offense has on Saturday, and will have for the rest of the conference season is that we are a potent passing offense in a league where teams build their defenses to stop the power running game, with some passing mixed in. No one has a scout team that can come even close to replicating the talent in the Jacks passing game. Even TCU, who plays in a pass oriented conference, basically had no answer for our passing game. If the OL can continue to protect Christion well, teams will have to put up a lot of points to keep up with the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X