GDT NDSU at SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

The Jacks need to move on today and "prepare" for ISU.
    Field position, penalties, dropped balls and play calling killed the Jacks in the game. TD taken back by formation penalty. Predictable run calls all game. If fans see it what do you suppose opponents D coordinator is doing, "licking his chops". First and goal at the three, run the ball with the jumbo package for four plays and it will be a TD, don't wait till 4th down. If Wallace reads it and goes left, he walks into the end zone on the fourth down play. Those two TDs are huge for this type of game.

The number of penalties must be drilled in during practice by the coaches. Adjustments to keep a TE or RB to help pass block is OC adjustment.

Lujan struggles. No options but stand in the pocket and pass. Not a running QB, no roll outs, few timing passes, few down field passes because of arm strength. The MVF success will be with a multiple dimension QB, that's college football now.

Preparation is on the head coach. NDSU prepared well, kept players on campus over their bye week to practice and prepare. That is why they are champs. Commitment, dedication by the whole team. No trips home to visit friends and families, they practiced.

Get back on track, many games to play. Go Jacks

Comment

Can't add much that most of the Sky Is Falling, Stig Must Go posters will believe. But besides what TAM said, or Jimmy Jack said, I will just reiterate what reality is in our situation. Did I hope we might actually beat them, since we are at home, and kept the Bison audience way down from years past? Yes. Has NDSU got our number? Yes. Do we get nervous and uptight facing them. Yes. Why?

Well, it might just be because they have the best FCS program in the country. I would say they are better than any other FCS program as shown by 4 straight National Championships (i.e. better than every FCS program each of those 4 years), so we are not alone in that regard. Name me off the recruits we have beaten them on...and as far as that goes, the names of recruits that other FCS schools have beaten them on.

If you don't think that a 19,000 seat Dome, built by the city, not the university, for football; a minor-league baseball stadium built by a corporate company, not the university; 209,000 people in the metro area within 15 miles of their facilities; the largest newspaper in the state, and all the major television stations in their town; etc.; etc.; aren't of big help in positioning them to be one heck of an FCS program... (make your own comparisons to Brookings) then you are really kidding yourselves. Since anything is possible...we might catch up with them...but football will be the toughest sport to get to the same level.

Was I as disappointed as everyone on this board...absolutely. We were tighter than heck getting started, and they piled on quick enough to heighten that problem. That is because they are a very good team. Obviously, they killed our running game (seems like they have done that before) and their defensive line overpowered us, so they were in Lujan's face all night and made passing just as tough. IF... we had scored from the one-yard line (regardless of who's fault it was) and on the other TD we made (but maybe made possible by our holding penalty), we would have been beaten 28-21. I know that you can do that with most any game...but the point is that we played very poorly and then shouldn't be expected to win.

My hope is that we are good enough to win our other home games (which won't be easy with two in the top 5 FCS rankings coming to Coughlin) and prove that we can get to the playoffs, despite being beat by the defending national champions. I'll be there next Saturday and shame on the posters that believe Jackrabbit fans will not turn out and support their team just because they lost to NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Can't add much that most of the Sky Is Falling, Stig Must Go posters will believe. But besides what TAM said, or Jimmy Jack said, I will just reiterate what reality is in our situation. Did I hope we might actually beat them, since we are at home, and kept the Bison audience way down from years past? Yes. Has NDSU got our number? Yes. Do we get nervous and uptight facing them. Yes. Why?

Well, it might just be because they have the best FCS program in the country. I would say they are better than any other FCS program as shown by 4 straight National Championships (i.e. better than every FCS program each of those 4 years), so we are not alone in that regard. Name me off the recruits we have beaten them on...and as far as that goes, the names of recruits that other FCS schools have beaten them on.

If you don't think that a 19,000 seat Dome, built by the city, not the university, for football; a minor-league baseball stadium built by a corporate company, not the university; 209,000 people in the metro area within 15 miles of their facilities; the largest newspaper in the state, and all the major television stations in their town; etc.; etc.; aren't of big help in positioning them to be one heck of an FCS program... (make your own comparisons to Brookings) then you are really kidding yourselves. Since anything is possible...we might catch up with them...but football will be the toughest sport to get to the same level.

Was I as disappointed as everyone on this board...absolutely. We were tighter than heck getting started, and they piled on quick enough to heighten that problem. That is because they are a very good team. Obviously, they killed our running game (seems like they have done that before) and their defensive line overpowered us, so they were in Lujan's face all night and made passing just as tough. IF... we had scored from the one-yard line (regardless of who's fault it was) and on the other TD we made (but maybe made possible by our holding penalty), we would have been beaten 28-21. I know that you can do that with most any game...but the point is that we played very poorly and then shouldn't be expected to win.

My hope is that we are good enough to win our other home games (which won't be easy with two in the top 5 FCS rankings coming to Coughlin) and prove that we can get to the playoffs, despite being beat by the defending national champions. I'll be there next Saturday and shame on the posters that believe Jackrabbit fans will not turn out and support their team just because they lost to NDSU.
        Excellent, nothing left out. I said in another post, some of us feel a victory is included in the price of admission. When that don't happen, they have been short changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Excellent, nothing left out. I said in another post, some of us feel a victory is included in the price of admission. When that don't happen, they have been short changed.
          I don't expect a victory when I buy a ticket. But what I do expect is for my money to pay for a team that us prepared and engaged from the opening kickoff. That's not what we any of us got last night.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

And the excuses continue by the old folks who watched SDSU languish in mediocrity for much of their football lives. No one ever rises to low expectations. Individuals, groups and teams rise to high expectations. Keep making excuses that being slightly above average is all right. If you think what you saw last night was acceptable, then we are coming from two totally opposite points of view. And Nidaros, I don't buy a ticket expecting not to win, I buy a ticket to watch a quality product; a team that isn't scared and is well prepared.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

Guess we should drop back down to DII. How can we expect to compete being in Brookings.
              Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 10-04-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I absolutely want to barf when I read 'excuse' posts.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  Don't read them then, already.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    And the excuses continue by the old folks who watched SDSU languish in mediocrity for much of their football lives. No one ever rises to low expectations. Individuals, groups and teams rise to high expectations. Keep making excuses that being slightly above average is all right. If you think what you saw last night was acceptable, then we are coming from two totally opposite points of view. And Nidaros, I don't buy a ticket expecting not to win, I buy a ticket to watch a quality product; a team that isn't scared and is well prepared.
                    Gosh you guys are willing to take a bite of out of my tongue cheek comments about winning. I have seen some very good SDSU football teams like about 1954 through 1963 so my expectations are not that low, and yes there have been some low points, but I plan on coming next Saturday to cheer on the Jacks. I trust you ,Westsiderabbit, will have gotten over the loss and will have moved on. I don't want to be party to your mob that is going on in your mind this very minute.

Comment

Last year UNI spanked us pretty bad...but it did not define the season. If Stig can use this as motivation, maybe this will make the team better.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        Last year UNI spanked us pretty bad...but it did not define the season. If Stig can use this as motivation, maybe this will make the team better.
                        I can't speak for everyone but i'm not feeling real confident in Stig's motivational skills at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          I can't speak for everyone but i'm not feeling real confident in Stig's motivational skills at the moment.
                          I know Bisonville melted down last year as well when we lost to UNI, but winning the next game helps. I'm sure everybody will feel better in a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            Certainly not me. Nothing has changed as far as Stig is concerned. I know he owns the entire responsibilty for our teams performance. It's time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              And I laaaaaaaaugh when posters talk like they want to run Stig out of town whenever we have a bad game.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                I drove to the Twin Cities (watched some Jackrabbits in the TC Marathon) right after the game was concluded so I was fortunate to not be able to read the message board until today. But, now I've caught up.

I think TAB's comments above are worth keeping in mind.

I liked JimmyJacks post, #210 in this thread, and those of Reality, #221, and Jacks#1Fan, #227. Even though it apparently upsets at least one SDSU poster who has concluded that being optimistic about the team had something to do with Saturday's debacle, I continue to be an optimist about the program in general and even this season.

Another huge test coming up this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X