Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    We've lost to our rival up north 8 times in a row now. Say that out loud. 8 times!!! At what other "big time" program in the country would this be acceptable?

How many more passes are ya'll going to give Stig? I know he is an outstanding human being, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the betterment of the program. How many more times are we going to say "we'll get em' next year"? What are we, Cub fans?

I've supported Stig in the past, but without results this year I'm ready to move on.

PS - Someone posted earlier that NDSU controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball this game. I'm confident you could say that for the last 8 games we've played against them.
    Again I say, are we ready to jetison the best football coach in SDSU history, in the midst of the most successful era of success in the history of the Jackrabbit football program?

And why? Solely because he can't beat the best football program in the history of FCS/1AA football?

If that is your stance, then go for it. But I challenge you to say those words out loud and see how they sound first.

Out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

We've lost to our rival up north 8 times in a row now. Say that out loud. 8 times!!! At what other "big time" program in the country would this be acceptable?

How many more passes are ya'll going to give Stig? I know he is an outstanding human being, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the betterment of the program. How many more times are we going to say "we'll get em' next year"? What are we, Cub fans?

I've supported Stig in the past, but without results this year I'm ready to move on.

PS - Someone posted earlier that NDSU controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball this game. I'm confident you could say that for the last 8 games we've played against them.
      In this same timeframe NDSU has played USD 3 times and outscored them 143-7. That is much worse

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
        Again I say, are we ready to jetison the best football coach in SDSU history, in the midst of the most successful era of success in the history of the Jackrabbit football program?

And why? Solely because he can't beat the best football program in the history of FCS/1AA football?

If that is your stance, then go for it. But I challenge you to say those words out loud and see how they sound first.

Out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        I'm not sure what your definition of "the most successful era of success" is.

So count you in as someone who, after losing 8 games in a row to the Bison, is content with waiting on NDSU to come back to our level? How much longer you willing to wait? Maybe you're waiting for them to go FBS?

Comment

Hahahahahahaha, thanks for the laugh.

We can lose to NDSU every single time we play them for all I care. We aren't USD with a countdown clock hanging in our locker room for one game a year.

SDSU has been to the playoffs 4 times in 6 years, including 3 years in a row. After a half century of complete mediocrity. Yeah, let's fire the guy who did that.

Wow.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

So count you in as someone who, after losing 8 games in a row to the Bison, is content with waiting on NDSU to come back to our level? How much longer you willing to wait? Maybe you're waiting for them to go FBS?
            I think what he means as "the most successful era of success" is one of 6 teams in FCS football to make the playoffs the last 3 years. Other than that, SDSU was not very good in football most years back in the DII days so there isn't a lot to compare it to.

I think with all of the pressure that NDSU was putting on you have to run a screen or something like that. Try to slow them down a little by over pursuing.
            I don't know if it's that our OL isn't very good this year, the young RB's don't see the holes (if there are any) or if our RB's just aren't up to par, yet, but we need some sort of running game like the first two games of the year.

Comment

Holy nutmeg! Someone needs a Snickers!

I feel your frustration. We all want to beat them. Probably not nearly as bad as the coaches and players but we want it nonetheless.

Outside of losing to NDSU there isn't any way you can't say that SDSU is a team on the rise. The program is getting better, our facitilities have taken a giant leap, and next year we will have the best stadium in FCS. Add that to making the playoffs 4 out of 6 and the last 3 and it makes that argument laughable. Guess what? Everybody is getting beat by them!

I have to thank you for the post to allow me to bottle up my own frustration and move ahead knowing that SDSU Football is in great hands and is headed the right direction. I'm officially done with that game and moving on!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

What is my definition of the most successful period of football in SDSU history? 3 straight Division I FCS playoff births, 4 since 2009 - lets just leave it at that. There are a heck of a lot of universities out there who would take that level of success, as much as it apparently means very little to some fans.

Has the program peaked? I hope not, and last week's game as frustrating as it is doesn't change my view today of the state of the program and the upswing that is likely still ongoing. NDSU is currently the best program at our level, heck they are as good as half the FBS teams out there. So at least for this year, I am going to continue to believe that just because we can't eclipse their program does not mean that we are not still progressing and building a better and better program.

I am not content, but I am willing to recognize that the school to the north has something very special going on that perhaps has never been seen at the FCS level (You could argue that Georgia Southern with their 6 titles spread out between 1985 and 2000, but the Bison 4-peat is hard to argue against).

I feel that we are still growing as a program, and that the AD and coaches should be allowed to continue to grow the program in the right way. We could go crazy and abandon the principals of the program in order to seek the pure athletes necessary to bridge the gap between our dakota football program and theirs. But that is not the only factor that goes into recruiting our student athletes, and I do not want that to change.

I am willing to recognize that while we do not have the overall talent and particularly the depth of talent that they have up north, I do see the SDSU program continuing to attract better and better talent year after year. So yes, I am willing to wait for it, because for me I appreciate the extreme emphasis placed on the quality of the character in our young men in the program, above and beyond just the quantity of their athletic ability alone.

So, yes, I am willing to wait for it. How long? I can't answer that today, but I like the way the Jackrabbit program is going about the growth and for now I don't have sunset date on my support for coach Stig and the others leading the program.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  We can lose to NDSU every single time we play them for all I care.
                  Good for you. I hope you are in the extreme minority with that statement.

I'm in this for championships. Not participation trophies, nor second place finishes, nor playoff entries, etc. I don't care if we get in the playoffs for the next 20 years in a row. If we don't bring home a championship it means absolutely nothing to me.

If you guys aren't in this to win, what do we have sports programs for? To dance around, hold hands, and give each other hearty pats on the back?

Sorry, sprinkles are for winners.

Comment

You seem to be forgetting that we had NDSU on the ropes at their place last year in the playoffs. The defense lost that game in the final two minutes, not Stig. Would your opinion be different if we held on to beat them, and likely went on to the championship? Doubtful. You need to look at more that wins and losses against 1 team. Do I wish that we could beat them and would have played better against them last Saturday? Of course. Am I thinking Stig needs to leave? Not even close.

Let me guess, you're a Huskers fan too... I'm kidding, but your take does sound like a Huskers fan - completely unrealistic expectations. Although their expectations were set by their own previous success. You are setting expectations based on NDSU's success, which is unprecedented (unrealistic).

Edit - After seeing your most recent post, I am almost certain you are a Husker fan. That sounds like every obnoxious Husker fan that I know.

Comment

Good for you. I hope you are in the extreme minority with that statement.

I'm in this for championships. Not participation trophies, nor second place finishes, nor playoff entries, etc. I don't care if we get in the playoffs for the next 20 years in a row. If we don't bring home a championship it means absolutely nothing to me.

If you guys aren't in this to win, what do we have sports programs for? To dance around, hold hands, and give each other hearty pats on the back?

Sorry, sprinkles are for winners.
                      Sorry, but it sounds like you're in this to beat NDSU, not for championships.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Thank you. If I could give you more rep, I would.

Comment

Winning championships is the goal. Why put all the work into the game if you are satisfied with getting to the playoffs? 9-5 record is 65% winning. Every player wants to win and should hate losing to any team. Don't ask them how they feel about losing, the answer is simple. Don't recruit players that accept losing as OK. There is nothing wrong with being a winner and the champ

Comment

I think we have to do one to achieve the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                              Winning championships is the goal. Why put all the work into the game if you are satisfied with getting to the playoffs? 9-5 record is 65% winning. Every player wants to win and should hate losing to any team. Don't ask them how they feel about losing, the answer is simple. Don't recruit players that accept losing as OK. There is nothing wrong with being a winner and the champ
                              Winning championships is the goal for sure. But the attitude of championship or the season is a loss, is asinine, especially for our program at this juncture. After we have won a title or two, then this attitude might be justified. I hope we have that issue in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                I think that everybody on this board wants to win a championship.

Are you saying that if we don't win a championship after 3 years we should fire our coach? Do we keep firing coaches that don't bring in championships? If everybody had those expectations, we would have a coaching rotation going on all of the time. I know that Stig has had more time than that but I'm curious as to what time frame some fans will give.

The odds are we will have to beat NDSU to win the championship but either somebody else could beat them so it isn't a must.

Comment

Working...
                                X