GDT NDSU at SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT NDSU at SDSU

Jackrabbits=Bizon's bitche$. I guess I'm done taking about how important COA is to this program. It wouldn't matter anyway. Save the donors $$...buy a few more horses for the EQ team or a few tennis rackets a for the men's tennis team....who really gives a **** anyway.
    Again...we're the Bizon's bitches. 5-6 team we just watched there. Looking forward to seeing 7000 in a 17,000 stadium next weekend.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      Hard to tell as sloppy as the Jacks played. But Stig's teams always lay an early season egg. How much of the mess was self induced vs Bison induced? Maybe the Bison still win but the Jacks don't make it look so bad.
      No doubt there was sloppy play, and can we blame the coaching staff for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Well, the result has been the same year after year after year, am I correct? And the fact is many of the games have been routs. So, you know...there's a common denominator. And it's not Zach Zenner. It's a complete lack of imagination when it comes to trying new ideas. And a complete failure to compete against NDSU or come into these games without playing from a base of fear.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Bingo

Also, I sure as hell hope that we didn't have any recruits being hosted for that ass kicking.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            So what you are saying is that the product that you watched this evening looked like a well prepared football team? One that was ready to play the biggest game of the season?

I'm not calling for the staff to be fired, all I'm saying is that people need to ask the questions. This team won't have a chance to make a deep playoff run if they cannot beat NDSU.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Not much of a football rivalry right now...guess this is how USD feels when they refer to the USD-SDSU game as a "rivalry"
              Super bowl

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Super bowl
                I'm not saying that, we still have a shot at the playoffs. The way I'm looking at it is as the mentality of it being a rivalry on the field when we have lost 8 straight.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...DSU-domination

Want a laugh....go read this beaut.

Comment

Bison owned the LOS the entire first half. Doesn't matter what you run or call against that sort of domination.

Wentz is very good. And made the Jacks pay down field. Jacks couldn't get pressure even when they did blitz.

I said in the Dakota Marker thread I thought NDSU would win, and our lack of success running was the reason (against Robert Morris).

I do think we have a mental hurdle with the Bison. And they are too good to play hesitant against.

Still a ton of fb left this season, and this team will get better.

Comment

“I’ll tell you what I think is the difference between our programs,” Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said. “When they walk onto the field, they believe they are going to win. When we walked onto the field, I don’t know that all 77 players who put on a uniform believed that we were going to win. We don’t have that confidence. That’s the difference.”

This was a postgame comment from your coach....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
                        “I’ll tell you what I think is the difference between our programs,” Jacks coach John Stiegelmeier said. “When they walk onto the field, they believe they are going to win. When we walked onto the field, I don’t know that all 77 players who put on a uniform believed that we were going to win. We don’t have that confidence. That’s the difference.”

This was a postgame comment from your coach....
                        He's 100% right.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                          He's 100% right.
                          And it's 100% his responsibly for getting them prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            And it's 100% his responsibly for getting them prepared.
                            I will agree with this too.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I know it's stupid early, but SDSU can't run the ball, and NDSU seems like they can do whatever they want on offense. If it continues, this game will be ugly.
                              Going back through reading this thread... This post was quite the accurate look into the crystal ball. SDSU's offensive line got overpowered all game until NDSU started playing prevent in the 2nd half. NDSU game planned us perfectly... blitz on nearly every down, shut down the run, pressure Lujan and make him beat you... He didn't have time to beat them even if he wanted to try. It was said that the best way to stop Wieneke is to put pressure on Lujan, and that's exactly what they did. Well played, NDSU... well played. I would have liked to see some screen plays or something to try to counter the all out blitzing by NDSU.

While I'm criticizing of the offensive play calling, what in god's green earth was the play call on 4th and goal from the half yard line?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! A play action run out of wildcat?!?!?! Who were they faking out? Fake the run up the middle, then.... run up the freaking middle?!?!?!?!?!? Absolutely awful play design, I hope we don't see that again. I was happy to see that formation set up in that spot, but why in the world would they go away from what has worked almost every single time this season? Just snap the ball directly to the deep back and power it into the end zone for god's sake. I know, there is so much more to be angry about when it comes to this game, but most of it comes down to the Bison outplaying us... this, however, was just asinine play design in my opinion. Anyone else with me on this one?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                Wesley drops the football out of bounds on the kickoff at the 4 yard line. Oof.
                                Yeah, this was fun... really helped the cause. The kick would have went out of bounds and we would have had great field position after the penalty... coulda shoulda woulda...

Comment

Working...
                                X