Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Serious Question: Are the Bison Fans bringing the Jager-Bombs they keept having us do at our last meeting in FGO? I've never done so many jag-Bombs. Good Times!
    Not of fan of the Jag bomb just the plain old Jag. Yummy.

Comment

SDSU is giving up an average of 5 yards per carry so far this season. The Jacks running D can't be that bad right? On the other hand the secondary has been really solid only giving up 160 passing yards per game and teams are completing 57% of there passes.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        SDSU is giving up an average of 5 yards per carry so far this season. The Jacks running D can't be that bad right? On the other hand the secondary has been really solid only giving up 160 passing yards per game and teams are completing 57% of there passes.
        I think on average they are better, but the problem is it seems every game they get gashed for a couple loooong runs. If we stop the big play well be fine, and the Marker Game is a great place to start that.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Sorry, I should have clarified, I was talking about Larves Jones. I was talking about Cam Jones in my first sentence. Too many Jones's. :P
          They have always been tough to keep up with......
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Lots of good articles in the Argus and the Forumn today. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm on paternity leave right now so I've had lots of time to read and there just isn't enough.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Yeah it needs to be Saturday my work production has taken a major hit this week

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                At least you have an excuse this week...what about the rest of the time?

Comment

Three day weekend for me. Though I'm spending Friday traveling from SE Nebraska to Brookings with a Bison fan.

Comment

As we get closer to gameday, the more I think the Bison win.

Just the way the Jacks struggled to run against RMU, and I know they lost some defensive players, including an absolute beast in Emanuel, but they are going to be better up front than RMU.

On the other side, they are going to run the ball right at us. They have better linemen and RB's than the teams we've faced so far (except for MAYBE Kansas)

I'm also a bit worried that our team has a bit of a "mental hurdle" with the Bison. I mean last season they got pounded by UNI 23-3, and the Jackrabbits actually won in Cedar Falls. They also struggled against Western Illinois, and the Jacks handled them quite easily. I really thought they had them last year in the playoffs, but still the Bison found a way to win.

Honestly, I hope the players and coaches don't feel this, and it's probably just the ramblings of a nervous fan. But I do respect the product the Bison put on the field, and I'm hoping the team can come out, and protect for Lujan and prove me wrong.

Comment

I'm hoping we go at this game defensively like we did against Nebraska the first time around. Keeping the backfield coralled (including Wentz) and count on the secondary to stay in coverage an extra bit of time. If Wentz starts running we're screwed. Against Kansas our D-ends got so far up field it left huge running lanes for the QB to scramble. I'm excited to see how everything plays out this weekend. Go Jacks!
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                        They have always been tough to keep up with......
                        I see what you did, very clever.

Comment

Good news for those not attending the game in person. Jackrabbit Extra will be using the Midco feed for the game rather than using the in-house production that has not worked well in recent weeks.

Comment

I think using the RMU game as a barometer isn't the best idea. Does that mean we use the Montana game to judge NDSU? If so, we are about to put up 500 yards throwing the ball. Last year was last year. We took the eventual national champion to the final minute at home. Our starting QB had missed, virtually the entire season. You also can't judge anything in this conference. There is not a game in this conference that doesn't make me nervous. I expect MSU to catch someone by surprise this year.

Saturday can't come soon enough. I don't think there is a mental hurdle at all. I think NDSU has been pretty good the past 5 years (the time length of the 7 game win streak they currently have). Plus, the game in in Brookings. Five of the last 7 losses have come in Fargo. With one of those 2 we lost at home being to the best team in the history of NDSU FB. A game which was 7 - 0 heading into the 4th quarter.

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            As we get closer to gameday, the more I think the Bison win.

Just the way the Jacks struggled to run against RMU, and I know they lost some defensive players, including an absolute beast in Emanuel, but they are going to be better up front than RMU.

On the other side, they are going to run the ball right at us. They have better linemen and RB's than the teams we've faced so far (except for MAYBE Kansas)

I'm also a bit worried that our team has a bit of a "mental hurdle" with the Bison. I mean last season they got pounded by UNI 23-3, and the Jackrabbits actually won in Cedar Falls. They also struggled against Western Illinois, and the Jacks handled them quite easily. I really thought they had them last year in the playoffs, but still the Bison found a way to win.

Honestly, I hope the players and coaches don't feel this, and it's probably just the ramblings of a nervous fan. But I do respect the product the Bison put on the field, and I'm hoping the team can come out, and protect for Lujan and prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                              Three day weekend for me. Though I'm spending Friday traveling from SE Nebraska to Brookings with a Bison fan.
                              Dang......you lose a bet? 😂😂😂

Comment

Dang......you lose a bet? 
                                Where's your tailgate going to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X