X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Pietz is out indefinitely.

This is going to be a big challenge. Going to come down to our defense keeping them in check and the offense putting up points. I think we need at least 31 to beat them. So, 34-31 Jackrabbits.

Wentz is the key.
    Have to stop him. Need to win the turnover battle and can't have stupid penalties like this last weekend.

Have to play like we did the first half vs KU, last 3 quarters against SUU and the 3rd quarter against RM for ALL 4 QUARTERS. Jacks are just as good and with the home field should win this game.
    Hopefully we got the turnovers and stupid penalties out of our system last weekend.

I totally agree Wentz is the key. Everyone wants to talk about their running game, important but the key is Wentz. We need to get some pressure on him, but contain him. If he gets happy feet and starts taking off their has to be someone shadowing him or he will kill us.

We are going to need to be very well prepared and play smart. I think our offense will score, our defense is going to need to stay put and play better than we have all season.

Agree on the 34 - 31. It will be a WHALE of a game.

Comment

When Wentz is on he is the best QB in FCS. There is a reason Kiper has him in his top 5 of all College QB's. 6'6" QB's like him don't slip down to the FCS normally. If he has a good game Bison by 10.

Comment

Had a dream that SDSU wins 58-50 in triple OT

?

what

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
          Had a dream that SDSU wins 58-50 in triple OT

?

what
          And in that dream were both teams in the big sky too?

in the past the bison have been successful many times with trick plays, I dearly hope we've prepared for this.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
            When Wentz is on he is the best QB in FCS. There is a reason Kiper has him in his top 5 of all College QB's. 6'6" QB's like him don't slip down to the FCS normally. If he has a good game Bison by 10.
            Except Warner, Flacco, Gannon, McNair, Romo, etc.

Jacks, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Except Warner, Flacco, Gannon, McNair, Romo, etc.

Jacks, not even close.
              Flacco was a drop down transfer & Romo was 10 years ago. The rest were all 20 + years ago

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                Didn't Kiper have him as his top 5 senior QB's?

Comment

Keys to game: Jacks run for 150, Weineke gets triple digits in receiving yardage, and other receivers step up for 3-4 key receptions. I think the defense will do well in this one. Key is consistent offense, and O-line taking that challenge after a sub-par week last week. Jacks 31-21.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Didn't Kiper have him as his top 5 senior QB's?

Details details.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Details details.
                      It's ok... he's new at this.

Comment

Anyone else concerned with our placekicking?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                          Anyone else concerned with our placekicking?
                          Are you a bison fan? I have no concerns about our placekicking. However, the bison have plenty of reasons to be concerned about just that.

Comment

With the help of a lot of good people, I think there is going to be about 14,500 fans in blue at the game, and about 2,500 in green. That would mean a lot of Bison fans who made the trek two years ago are going to be back home where they belong. It is going to be quite a day!

Comment

I think Wesley needs to step up this game in order for the Jacks to win. He can't have any drop passes in key situations.

Does anyone know of any bars showing the game in Twin Cities?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Are you a bison fan? I have no concerns about our placekicking. However, the bison have plenty of reasons to be concerned about just that.
                                I don't see how being concerned about our kicking game after 2 misses inside 32 yards in the first 3 games makes me a Bison fan?
                                Considering the only SDSU fb games in Brookings I've missed over the past 7+ seasons were due to hs games I helped coach & that I'm one of the few in my section who consistently stands on 3rd downs, I think my support is as my name suggests. I didn't miss the ISU red game in the snow & cold a few years back & I didn't miss the Western game last year either.

Comment

Working...
                                X