Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker Game

a little too Donnie Darko for me.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      As we get closer to gameday, the more I think the Bison win.

Just the way the Jacks struggled to run against RMU, and I know they lost some defensive players, including an absolute beast in Emanuel, but they are going to be better up front than RMU.

On the other side, they are going to run the ball right at us. They have better linemen and RB's than the teams we've faced so far (except for MAYBE Kansas)

I'm also a bit worried that our team has a bit of a "mental hurdle" with the Bison. I mean last season they got pounded by UNI 23-3, and the Jackrabbits actually won in Cedar Falls. They also struggled against Western Illinois, and the Jacks handled them quite easily. I really thought they had them last year in the playoffs, but still the Bison found a way to win.

Honestly, I hope the players and coaches don't feel this, and it's probably just the ramblings of a nervous fan. But I do respect the product the Bison put on the field, and I'm hoping the team can come out, and protect for Lujan and prove me wrong.
      Holy ****! Is this some kind of reverse psychology bull****? I'm not going to sit here and wring my hands over the Bison! We've taken it to them and come up just a little short these last couple times! I don't think this is any where near the Bison teams of the past couple years. We are somehow better than we have been the past couple years. Everybody needs to pull their panties up and get with the program! I'd rather spout off about how we're going to rick-roll these yahoos and eat crow later than lament how we can't beat them just so I can be right and save face on a faceless message board. Come on it's almost 24 hours away! Let's go Rabbits! The Dakota marker comes back to the Better Dakota for a long time!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        SDSU is giving up an average of 5 yards per carry so far this season. The Jacks running D can't be that bad right? On the other hand the secondary has been really solid only giving up 160 passing yards per game and teams are completing 57% of there passes.
        I think stopping the run will be big in this game. A lot of that might come down to how healthy Langer is. He was selected 1st team all conference for a reason.
        You can look at the Robert Morris rushing stats but they might be misleading. They did run for 228 yards on 38 carries(6 yards/carry) but they had two runs of 54 yards each. That would take them down to 120 yards on 36 carries (3.33 yards/carry). SDSU had their 2nd string in for one of those carries (they put the 1st string in right after that long run). On top of the Langer broke his hand in that game and didn't play much of it and the two(?) plays he played he had a big club on his hand. Hopefully if he plays with that club, he feels more comfortable with it after a week of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Holy ****! Is this some kind of reverse psychology bull****? I'm not going to sit here and wring my hands over the Bison! We've taken it to them and come up just a little short these last couple times! I don't think this is any where near the Bison teams of the past couple years. We are somehow better than we have been the past couple years. Everybody needs to pull their panties up and get with the program! I'd rather spout off about how we're going to rick-roll these yahoos and eat crow later than lament how we can't beat them just so I can be right and save face on a faceless message board. Come on it's almost 24 hours away! Let's go Rabbits! The Dakota marker comes back to the Better Dakota for a long time!
          2014 Regular Season
          NDSU victory 37-17
          NDSU outgains 405-276
          NDSU TOP advantage 38-21

2014 Playoffs
          NDSU victory 24-21
          NDSU outgains 416-275
          NDSU TOP advantage 31-28

I do think tomorrow is a tossup, but last season NDSU was clearly the better team

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
            2014 Regular Season
            NDSU victory 37-17
            NDSU outgains 405-276
            NDSU TOP advantage 38-21

2014 Playoffs
            NDSU victory 24-21
            NDSU outgains 416-275
            NDSU TOP advantage 31-28

I do think tomorrow is a tossup, but last season NDSU was clearly the better team
            Looks like we have to keep the ball in our procession a little more....first downs, maybe a couple 2-3 big plays too,got to come at em with everything we've got.

Comment

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;278031]Holy ****! Is this some kind of reverse psychology bull****? I'm not going to sit here and wring my hands over the Bison! We've taken it to them and come up just a little short these last couple times! I don't think this is any where near the Bison teams of the past couple years. We are somehow better than we have been the past couple years. Everybody needs to pull their panties up and get with the program! I'd rather spout off about how we're going to rick-roll these yahoos and eat crow later than lament how we can't beat them just so I can be right and save face on a faceless message board. Come on it's almost 24 hours away! Let's go Rabbits! The Dakota marker comes back to the Better Dakota for a long time![/QUOTE

I agree we shouldn't cower but to say this years jacks are better than the past years is a little premature. Just because we couldn't get over the hump doesn't mean squat. The product they had on the field most of those years was incredible and I hope we can attain that noteriety. All that said.....GO RABBITS!!!!

oh and I'm pretty sure there'll be a few of those zombie rabbit masks in the student section

Comment

I love your optimism. I'm just being realistic.

They are good. I hope the Jackrabbits can win, and will cheer like mad they do so. Let's Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I saw that @ Wal*Mart. Too wife said it was too creepy wouldn't let me buy it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                  Looks like he got some bad spinach or something, had a bad trip, or he's just deranged period....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    As we get closer to gameday, the more I think the Bison win.

Just the way the Jacks struggled to run against RMU, and I know they lost some defensive players, including an absolute beast in Emanuel, but they are going to be better up front than RMU. ...
                    Youngstown strugged against RMU and is ranked 10th in the nation. The Jacks trounced RMU and is ranked seventh. Either Youngstown is over-rated or RMU is pretty decent.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

That thing is creepy

Comment

I'm usually the first to the battle cry, with a sense of realism mixed in, but you're always Over and Above. Do you really believe what you say going in to games? If so, I need to have what you're having so I quit worrying so much. I'm not seeing it play out like that tomorrow at all. I want to win, but my gut says we can't run it, they drive on us a couple times, get us down and we fight back and come up short. Maybe that's just my history of being an SDSU fan for 20 some years but it seems like our MO. I hate it. At least I'll tailgate well.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                          That thing is creepy
                          Creepiest mask I've ever seen. We should have Langer wear it tomorrow. Wentz may **** himself on the first drive.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                            2014 Regular Season
                            NDSU victory 37-17
                            NDSU outgains 405-276
                            NDSU TOP advantage 38-21

2014 Playoffs
                            NDSU victory 24-21
                            NDSU outgains 416-275
                            NDSU TOP advantage 31-28

Differential is right but score is wrong for playoff game, just FYI

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              I'm usually the first to the battle cry, with a sense of realism mixed in, but you're always Over and Above. Do you really believe what you say going in to games? If so, I need to have what you're having so I quit worrying so much. I'm not seeing it play out like that tomorrow at all. I want to win, but my gut says we can't run it, they drive on us a couple times, get us down and we fight back and come up short. Maybe that's just my history of being an SDSU fan for 20 some years but it seems like our MO. I hate it. At least I'll tailgate well.
                              I know it's difficult to overcome the thought of ZZ and Sumner gone, this is a better Jackrabbit team and this is a far worse Bison team. Now, far worse from Perfect Seasons, is still pretty damn good. But, beating your chest over taking out UND, is like bragging about having sex with a hooker at a bachelor party, sure it seems nice but in the end peer pressure made you do it and you don't even know her real name. I'm not sure why people are convinced we can't run the ball. Mengarelli and Rodriguez are the one two punch this team has needed forever, and Eidsness is actually using them that way, instead of that bull**** every third series off crap. GAMEDAY! TIME TO ROLL RABBITS! HOLY **** WHERE'S THE TYLENOL!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I know it's difficult to overcome the thought of ZZ and Sumner gone, this is a better Jackrabbit team and this is a far worse Bison team. Now, far worse from Perfect Seasons, is still pretty damn good. But, beating your chest over taking out UND, is like bragging about having sex with a hooker at a bachelor party, sure it seems nice but in the end peer pressure made you do it and you don't even know her real name. I'm not sure why people are convinced we can't run the ball. Mengarelli and Rodriguez are the one two punch this team has needed forever, and Eidsness is actually using them that way, instead of that bull**** every third series off crap. GAMEDAY! TIME TO ROLL RABBITS! HOLY **** WHERE'S THE TYLENOL!
                                Wallace...not Rodriguez. the rest of your post is good. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X