Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Youngstown

Kurt Hess will start on Saturday:

@21WFMJSports On Missouri Valley Coaches Conference all, Eric Wolford says "KurtHess is good to go" this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
      Kurt Hess will start on Saturday:

@21WFMJSports On Missouri Valley Coaches Conference all, Eric Wolford says "KurtHess is good to go" this Saturday.
      Yeah we know. So what else is new?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

TV reported that Wolford said today that Hess is "good to go" and that they held him out last week because they were thinking of this weekend's game.
        did that moron Wolford really say that??? after our game he basically said they lost because of the back up QBs, and "hope we get another shot at them with a healthy Hess" so now he says they held him out.....lol that guy is priceless

whats really funny is Hess himself stated he took himself out because the pain
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          So what's everybody's mindset coming into this game? Are you confident, nervous, cautiously optimistic, all of the above?

TV reported that Wolford said today that Hess is "good to go" and that they held him out last week because they were thinking of this weekend's game.

I am cautiously optimistic that if the same Jacks team that showed up in Vermillion shows up at the Ice Castle on Saturday, then they should win.

Brock Jensen had 4TD passes against YSU and the Bison rushed for 283 yards, or 6.7 YPC. So Sumner and Zenner should be able to have a big day. If the defense is in another bend but don't break mode like they were at South Dakota, the Jacks SHOULD come out on top.
          Definately NERVOUS.

Big Game for the Team. Big Game for the Program. (Back to Back Playoff Appearances would be Huge)

Comment

The Jacks flying out will help them too vs. the long bus rides they sometimes have to take. Actually an advantage to them having Youngstown so far away.

Stig will have the team ready to play and focused. I see no let down after winning quite handily last week. It may be a tight game for the first half, but I think Zenner will have them worn down by the fourth quarter. I'm confident the Jacks go 1-0. Jacks have shown us something on this winning streak. They now are playing tough and resilient. I don't think it will come down to the kickers. The cold weather will be Jacks weather too. Playing and practicing outside all of the time has them conditioned for this. The Jacks much rather play in the cold vs. the hot. Nothing is colder than Brookings when the wind is coming from the Northwest - which it is 90% of the time.

I'm feeling more confident than nervous. Jacks will win.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              did that moron Wolford really say that??? after our game he basically said they lost because of the back up QBs, and "hope we get another shot at them with a healthy Hess" so now he says they held him out.....lol that guy is priceless

whats really funny is Hess himself stated he took himself out because the pain
              I have a feeling that Youngstown would say Hess will play even if he is walking on crutches just to keep the Jacks guessing about what/who to prepare for. Also , the Jacks probably wouldn't have believed it if they would have said he was doubtful.

Comment

Youngstown certainly isn't taking the game lightly. In every preview segment I've seen, the coach and players talk like they must win on Saturday to make the playoffs. They also want some retaliation against SDSU, which leads the all-time series 9-5 and beat the Penguins last year 41-28. YSU was considered one of the premier programs in the Mo Valley when SDSU joined. It won four national championships during the 1990s. Saturday's game won't be an easy one for the Jacks, regardless of the condition of Kurt Hess' ankle. But the Jacks played pretty well the last couple of games. Hopefully injuries haven't taken too big a toll.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Youngstown certainly isn't taking the game lightly. In every preview segment I've seen, the coach and players talk like they must win on Saturday to make the playoffs. They also want some retaliation against SDSU, which leads the all-time series 9-5 and beat the Penguins last year 41-28. YSU was considered one of the premier programs in the Mo Valley when SDSU joined. It won four national championships during the 1990s. Saturday's game won't be an easy one for the Jacks, regardless of the condition of Kurt Hess' ankle. But the Jacks played pretty well the last couple of games. Hopefully injuries haven't taken too big a toll.
                  Maybe its just me but i am ok with a QB going in with a bum ankle. Blitz the heck out of um, when we blitz we are pretty good at getting pressure on the QB, not to injure him but to make him throw it away or take some sacks. YSU had a bad end to last year, now this year they barely squeeked by USD in the dump, my guess they are just in a slump, as we were in the middle of the season, we are playing much better now and YSU is in the uh oh here it comes again mindset. if not they should be. Also it does seem we usually play well against youngstown, i dont see why that would change now. expecting a close hard fought win.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Maybe its just me but i am ok with a QB going in with a bum ankle. Blitz the heck out of um, when we blitz we are pretty good at getting pressure on the QB, not to injure him but to make him throw it away or take some sacks. YSU had a bad end to last year, now this year they barely squeeked by USD in the dump, my guess they are just in a slump, as we were in the middle of the season, we are playing much better now and YSU is in the uh oh here it comes again mindset. if not they should be. Also it does seem we usually play well against youngstown, i dont see why that would change now. expecting a close hard fought win.
                    I stopped reading at "um"...figured you lost your train of thought.

Comment

Defense has to play well, our offense should be just fine! Looking for a "win" and on to the playoffs. LETS GO RABBITS!!

Comment

If we can figure out a way to score more points than they do, we will win this game !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Actually we ended last year on a 3 game winning streak and a 7-4 record.

In all honesty, Hess looked great and alluded some near sacks on that first drive for NDSU. If he is given protection, he is very tough to stop.

Comment

Yes, I saw them play USD and Hess is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                              Actually we ended last year on a 3 game winning streak and a 7-4 record.

In all honesty, Hess looked great and alluded some near sacks on that first drive for NDSU. If he is given protection, he is very tough to stop.
                              I thought it was the end of the year when they had a losing streak but I will trust you. Either way I see we are playing better ball and you guys are hitting a slump. Ihope that bodes well for us.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                                Yes, I saw them play USD and Hess is a stud.
                                Yes he is. Gonna be all about defense and turnovers. I like the Jacks chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X