Re: Youngstown

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Is this game on TV?
      It's on ESPN3

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        It's on ESPN3
        Damn it. I'm going to be in Deadwood and hoped it would be on TV.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Damn it. I'm going to be in Deadwood and hoped it would be on TV.
          The West River Jacks frequently meet at Thirsty's in Rapid City for watch parties. There has been no official announcement yet but I assume that one will be coming.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
            Wow, passionate Bison love. I feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside.

The Jacks inconsistent d-line is going to have to get to Hess to tweak his injury. That has been problematic at times this year.

Why not just pound the ball. Zenner has over 30 carries in about every game this year. But...but we haven't seen the volume of big plays like last year. The time is now.

#JustWin
            hey what can I say, SDSU is better it's their game to lose, just watch out for a moron in a red jacket sprinting up and down the sideline screaming and running to the hash arks, if Zenner gets rolling he might try and tackle him
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              hey what can I say, SDSU is better it's their game to lose, just watch out for a moron in a red jacket sprinting up and down the sideline screaming and running to the hash arks, if Zenner gets rolling he might try and tackle him
              You mean like Woody Hayes? I thought they only made one of him, but it is Ohio after all. Seriously, I had some respect for Coach Wolford, but the pressure seems to be getting to him. I was surprised when he showed up in suit and tie for the press conference. I wonder how he was able to do that, shower, shave and put on the street clothes so quickly. It was like he was going to his next job interview.

Comment

The Bison fans sticking up for the Jackrabbits in this thread make me:

1. Laugh (because that line about team playing outside in South Dakota has hilarious)
                2. Feel good about our chances.
                3. a little nervous at the same time. (It could all be some sort of a trap, or something)

Comment

The best part about going over to most other teams fan forums is that you still see lakes lurking about on them, he of course gives them a complimentary pat on the back and tells them they should have no problem with us.

From what I can gather, I think Hess will start this week. We better gear up the run defense. I imagine a heavy dose of it is coming, to try and protect Hess from having to be too mobile. If he goes down it goes to the 3rd stringer, 2nd String is in a sling.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    The Bison fans sticking up for the Jackrabbits in this thread make me:

3. a little nervous at the same time. (It could all be some sort of a trap, or something)
                    IT'S A its-a-trap-web-meme-humor-poster.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I almost linked the youtube "it's a trap" thing...

So I guess I will now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLuq0lW50k

Comment

Why wouldn't we stick up for you? Most Bison fans cheer for SDSU...believe it or not.

Comment

So what's everybody's mindset coming into this game? Are you confident, nervous, cautiously optimistic, all of the above?

TV reported that Wolford said today that Hess is "good to go" and that they held him out last week because they were thinking of this weekend's game.

I am cautiously optimistic that if the same Jacks team that showed up in Vermillion shows up at the Ice Castle on Saturday, then they should win.

Brock Jensen had 4TD passes against YSU and the Bison rushed for 283 yards, or 6.7 YPC. So Sumner and Zenner should be able to have a big day. If the defense is in another bend but don't break mode like they were at South Dakota, the Jacks SHOULD come out on top.

Comment

Jacks need to come out slinging, then drawing, and play good D. Sure wish the PK was back on track. Jacks have left many a point on the field due to FG's not well done. Zenner needs a 0 fumble day. Hope he springs loose for 200+ yards, including 3+ 30+yd'ers.

IMHO it's pretty sad if holds out best starting QB, basically conceding the game to the Bison. Ankle injury, if Jacks can get near QB, should be able to keep 'Guins hobbled all day.

Comment

I'm not a Wolford fan, but I did watch Youngstown play USD. The Penguins are good on offense. Hess at 50% or 75% is still a pretty good QB. Their D is not great. But it will take a strong effort to beat them at their place.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Wolford is a liar, plain and simple. Hess was not pulled to spare him for SDSU. Hess was pulled because he said the pain in his leg was too much. They talked about it during the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X