X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Year

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Like I said, there is no reasoning with someone who defends this. We all know he had a concussion. You can't deny it and have a shred of credibility.
    The Jacks have and at that time HAD medical procedures in place and Stig cannot over rule the medical staff. Also, the concussion awareness has changed a lot in the past 5 years. Anyhow, this is getting close to smack which wasn't the intent. Don't want Filbert coming down.

Stig is an honorable man with integrity for non Christians. For Christians, he is a terrific role model. This is America and it is his right to be who he is. Another silly argument.

This is also America for the players and they have a choice to play for Stig or Bohl. It is called freedom.

Since I've been accused of being snarky, I'll try to be more affable. I still think this thread should be closed now because we went 1-0 last week and there is no reason to talk about next year at this point in time.

When I'm coming off as snarky to some, I'm just stirring the pot and like to see the other points of view. I apologize if this offends some. Sometimes the discussions going on this forum are terrific. It makes for great reading and is very entertaining.

Comment

Like I said, there is no reasoning with someone who defends this. We all know he had a concussion. You can't deny it and have a shred of credibility.
      Butthurt?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        The Jacks have and at that time HAD medical procedures in place and Stig cannot over rule the medical staff. Also, the concussion awareness has changed a lot in the past 5 years.
        C'mon dude...he was pulled from the game for a concussion. He then came back because the concussion disappeared. I challenge you to ask Ryan Berry about it. You know why I challenge you? It is because I know what his answer is. Not what it would be...but what it is.

I'm not saying Stig is a bad guy...I'm just saying he is not as pure as some of you make him out to be. He makes mistakes just like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Butthurt?
          No doubt...that sucked losing our streak to you guys. Still doesn't change the facts, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
            The Jacks have and at that time HAD medical procedures in place and Stig cannot over rule the medical staff. Also, the concussion awareness has changed a lot in the past 5 years. Anyhow, this is getting close to smack which wasn't the intent. Don't want Filbert coming down.

Stig is an honorable man with integrity for non Christians. For Christians, he is a terrific role model. This is America and it is his right to be who he is. Another silly argument.

This is also America for the players and they have a choice to play for Stig or Bohl. It is called freedom.

Since I've been accused of being snarky, I'll try to be more affable. I still think this thread should be closed now because we went 1-0 last week and there is no reason to talk about next year at this point in time.

When I'm coming off as snarky to some, I'm just stirring the pot and like to see the other points of view. I apologize if this offends some. Sometimes the discussions going on this forum are terrific. It makes for great reading and is very entertaining.
            I dont think it needs to close because the tone could very well change from how we stunk up a promising season to we made the playoffs 2 years in a row and what should we expect, right now i have some concerns for next year but there is a lot that has to happen in that time so as fans I see nothing wrong with speculating what is and what might be.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

No doubt...that sucked losing our streak to you guys. Still doesn't change the facts, though.
              So you know for a fact that Stig went over the medical staff and said regardless of what happened i am going to put him back into the game? Obviously you don't know Stig very well.

Comment

What would Baldy Bohl have done? I suppose he would have put Mertens in and lost the game for sure.

Comment

Board going down for (hopefully) a little while to apply a maintenance update. Be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    So you know for a fact that Stig went over the medical staff and said regardless of what happened i am going to put him back into the game? Obviously you don't know Stig very well.
                    I know what Berry said about the event. I also know Berry was pulled from the game for a concussion. I also know Stig put Berry back in the game.

Like I said, you guys know it deep down too, but you just can't admit it here. The smart ones have kept their mouths shut on this one. They know.

Comment

• Re: Next Year

I know what Berry said about the event. I also know Berry was pulled from the game for a concussion. I also know Stig put Berry back in the game.

Like I said, you guys know it deep down too, but you just can't admit it here. The smart ones have kept their mouths shut on this one. They know.
                      http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...h-Stiegelmeier

Specifically, http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...5097#post95097 :
                      Ryan did a good job of clearing any doubt on "Craig and John" on KWSN today.

Believe it or not they had most of the 4 o'clock hour about SDSU and this past weekend.
                      The tale of Berry's 'concussion' has grown in the telling, I think.

-filbert

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
                        http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...h-Stiegelmeier

Specifically, http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...5097#post95097 :

The tale of Berry's 'concussion' has grown in the telling, I think.

-filbert
                        Pardon me if I stick with what Ryan Berry says...

Comment

I didn't defend it did I? I simply asked two questions that you failed to answer.

I have no idea what happened on the sidelines that day. I'm guessing you don't either.

Comment

I love it. Filbert gives a link to another thread where everybody pats themselves on the back about how Stig wouldn't do what he just did. You are all just denying what you know to be true.

Comment

I love it. Filbert gives a link to another thread where everybody pats themselves on the back about how Stig wouldn't do what he just did. You are all just denying what you know to be true.
                              So one time a guy might have been concussed yet the medical staff felt he was ok to still play and the coach trusted that he would be ok and its not like Berry had to go in against his will, so i mean if thats the worst thing Stig has ever done, your right that might affect his application for sainthood......Whats fun is your not even trying to defend Bohl against all the bad decisions Bohl has made but about one situation where a guy might have almost possibly not sure but maybe been slightly concussed. The Devil in disguise clearly.

Anyway back to the topic of the thread, if We win the next 3 games, we wont have to worry about next year until we are out of the playoffs assuming we make it in. If we lose 1 of the 3 though we will have a lot to ponder about next year.

Comment

No, I'm not. You see, I'm not a hypocrite...unlike those on here that like to cast stones. And don't try to downplay this by sugar coating..."slightly concussed". He was freaking pulled from the game and was out for a good spell. He was diagnosed on the sideline with a concussion, but then said it went a way. That does not happen on a sideline.

Is Stig a decent guy? I don't doubt it. Is he a good coach? You bet. I hope you guys keep him for a long time.

Anyway, I just thought I'd add to the thread when people post from their high horse about how morally elite you guys are from the top down.

Comment

Working...
                                X