X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Year

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I'm siding with Goon and SFR on these issues. Stig being anywhere near the proverbial "hot-seat" (which is defined in every circle as on the verge of losing his job - not just winning a single game week to week) is outright laughable. As #1 said, we went 2 games deep into the playoffs just last year and would have gone even further had we not run into the Bison so early.

I understand Mitchell's point - I just don't agree with it. I think a fantastic kicker missing a chip-shot field goal to win at the end of regulation means a lot more than missing a normal field goal attempt during the course of regulation. It is all perception as he stated, but when I left CAS on Saturday I felt like I had just witnessed our team pull off one of the biggest bank heists in history. While we played well, based on what happened at the end I felt like we stole it from UNI.
    I will gladly take the win in any way shape or form, but it was a lucky win......but I guess thats football.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Stig may not be on the proverbial hot seat but i could name a few of his assistants that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
        Stig may not be on the proverbial hot seat but i could name a few of his assistants that will be.
        Perhaps you might share those names and your source.

Comment

No source, just my own thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
            No source, just my own thoughts.
            I suspect we could lose a few since the pay is not that good. I have my doubts that anyone will be asked to leave because of this season's outcome in certain games. No one has been smoking dope that I know of. The way some of these decisions appear to many of us fans, you might thing that smoking dope was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I dont think its inaccurate but each play that happens next is more important and has a bigger impact on the outcome IMHO. Sure a lot of things have to happen before we get to the last 2 seconds waiting for a potential game winning FG attempt, but the holding call on Zenners long run was more costly to us then a dropped pass earlier in the game, the next play Sumner throwing a INT was more costly then they holding on the ZZ run etc, so even though every play affects the game, the plays at the end of the game obviously determine the final outcome. Probably didnt make any sense but atleast thats how i view it.
              I see your point of view....all I am saying is that the SDSU play maybe had an role in a win/loss. The UNI plays had a direct and unarguable result in the game.

A win is a win, I agree, but we should also thank UNI for not finishing on a couple plays that they finish 9 out of 10 times.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                Now if you want my opinion, I'd rather have my son play for Stig vs. playing for Bohl. I have much more respect for Stig as a person.
                This makes me smile. I am glad you are happy with what you have.

Has Bohl made mistakes? You bet. Just remember your coach is not as pure as you make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Just remember your coach is not as pure as you make him out to be.
                  Care to provide some proof?

Comment

Yeah show us the PROOF OF IMMORALITY. Does Bohl attend the Christian Athletics organizations? I know Stig does.

Comment

This makes me smile. I am glad you are happy with what you have.

Has Bohl made mistakes? You bet. Just remember your coach is not as pure as you make him out to be.
                      Link to to his "impurity"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Yeah show us the PROOF OF IMMORALITY. Does Bohl attend the Christian Athletics organizations? I know Stig does.
                        Which means absolutely nothing. It's possible Bohl is still a good human being without attending your little church meetings.
                        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                          Which means absolutely nothing. It's possible Bohl is still a good human being without attending your little church meetings.
                          Forgot the smiley at the end.

Comment

Ryan Berry. Putting him back in the game with a concussion (you know, the game where you finally beat us in the dome*)...Stig put winning the game above that guy's health. If you deny this there is no reasoning with you.

*Yeah, it still stings.

Comment

Ryan Berry. Putting him back in the game with a concussion (you know, the game where you finally beat us in the dome*)...Stig put winning the game above that guy's health. If you deny this there is no reasoning with you.

*Yeah, it still stings.
                              Did Stig make that call? Or was he advised by the team's medical staff?

Last time I checked Stig was still not a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Did Stig make that call? Or was he advised by the team's medical staff?

Last time I checked Stig was still not a doctor.
                                Like I said, there is no reasoning with someone who defends this. We all know he had a concussion. You can't deny it and have a shred of credibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X