Comments on Argus site attacking Coach Stiegelmeier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on Argus site attacking Coach Stiegelmeier

From the comment section. I can't even begin to explain how wrong this guy is. Please let him know what we all know about John. Former players especially.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...#pluckcomments

Coach- what about the health and safety of your player? Do they teach a class at SDSU about brain injuries?

It is disappointing that you put winning at all costs ahead of everything else.
    11/24/2008 10:11:36 AM
    Last edited by jackmd; 11-24-2008, 04:36 PM.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Comments on Argus site attacking Coach Stiegelmeier

Not sure why that link didn't work, it does now.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...#pluckcomments
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Let's not waste our time on guys on the Argus site who choose to say whatever they want knowing they carry an anonymous identity. They are simply trying to stir the pot and I'm not going to give them the time a day.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Let's not waste our time on guys on the Argus site who choose to say whatever they want knowing they carry an anonymous identity. They are simply trying to stir the pot and I'm not going to give them the time a day.
        I'm going to defend John though. Thats way out of line. I hope the guy contacts me.

Comment

ManinBlue has an answer for everything after reading all the comments and replys. IMHO he is the type that would outlaw all sports at all levels and probably have a helmet on our heads at all times even when we sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            ManinBlue has an answer for everything after reading all the comments and replys. IMHO he is the type that would outlaw all sports at all levels and probably have a helmet on our heads at all times even when we sleep.
            Don't forget the SPF 50 even in December.

Comment

Way to go MD. I'm all out of rep points to send you. But I do appreciate it. I'm tired of sitting by while people take shots at SDSU.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Way to go MD. I'm all out of rep points to send you. But I do appreciate it. I'm tired of sitting by while people take shots at SDSU.
                Its even worst than that, its a shot at a man that person obviously knows nothing about. There are coaches out there that would place the game ahead of the player. We don't have those people and SDSU and we don't them at SDSU. For that reader to make an ignorant comment about John's integrity makes me furious.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Its even worst than that, its a shot at a man that person obviously knows nothing about. There are coaches out there that would place the game ahead of the player. We don't have those people and SDSU and we don't them at SDSU. For that reader to make an ignorant comment about John's integrity makes me furious.
                  He was making comments on the other football article as well.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ryan did a good job of clearing any doubt on "Craig and John" on KWSN today.

Believe it or not they had most of the 4 o'clock hour about SDSU and this past weekend.

Comment

Unfortunately we haven't heard the end of this...the KWSN bit was very much about it and here is a link to a blurb about "safety concerns" on the Bison Media Blog:

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

My saving grace in the situation is Coach Stig...there is no way he would have let Berry go back in if he had an ounce of concern about his safety.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Unfortunately we haven't heard the end of this...the KWSN bit was very much about it and here is a link to a blurb about "safety concerns" on the Bison Media Blog:

My saving grace in the situation is Coach Stig...there is no way he would have let Berry go back in if he had an ounce of concern about his safety.
                        I apologize in advance for a "when I played" story. I feel like I do it way too often, but try to only put in stories when they pertain to things like Coach Stig's credibility and the kind of man he is. As a junior, I had a pretty good stinger against UNO, which followed a pretty good stinger against Mankato the week before. After my stinger against UNO I insisted I was ready to go back in a couple plays later. Coach Stig order them to take my helmet away from me and would not allow me back in the game. He only reluctantly let me play in the 2nd half of the next week's game (ironically, a win at home against NDSU) even though I was fully cleared by an MRI and CT scan earlier in the week and was experiencing no problems. I had to beg him to let me in the game even then. His only concern was my welfare.

Another quick reference point. I went to the UNI game this year and met with Coach Stig after the game. After talking about the game and how disappointed he was with outcome, he kneeled down to talk to my oldest daughter at eye level. Afterwards, he looked at me and reminded me for the 100th time that family is the most important thing out there. He ends every conversation I've had with him since graduation with a similar statement. He is above reproach in my book.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

It's laughable to hear NDSU reporters asking these questions. They should talk to Craig Bohl and ask him what kind of guy Stig is. Or better yet, call Stig and ask him about it rather than simply raising "disturbing" questions without attempting to get answers. Anybody who knows John Stiegelmeier just KNOWS that he would never endanger a player to win a stupid football game.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Its unfortunate that someone would think that way about Stig. He is a class act any way you put it. Im sure everyone here could tell many stories of how great he is as a coach but would say he is even better person and friend. I new who he was before i starting going to school at SDSU but during freshman orinatation while walking through the hper, i was off looking at things, as i go back to see where my mom wondered off too, i see her talkin to Coach Stig, that was embarssing as a freshman and i knew he was a busy guy that it was fall camp and school to start next week. I didnt think my mom should be wasting his time chatting. Little did i know that she mentioned i was interested on joining the tennis team and he set up a time for us to come meet him in his office and talk about what he knew of the tennis program. It was going through a coaching change so there really was no tennis coach to talk to. Stig set the time for me to talk about a smaller non important sport even though he had a million other things to be doing. That really made me apprecaite how good of a person he was. talking to a freshman and his mom during the middle of fall camp and made us feel like we really made the right choice. Im sure he would not remember doing that but it really shows how genuine and thoughtful he is as a person. Wow thats a long story not really about the thread but its bothersome when some one who knows nothing about what happened and critizes Stig
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Don't let those bozos rent space in your heads on this matter. Ignore the critics including the USD fan posing as ManInBlue on the Argus.

I'm not quite ready to say it but in the back of my mind, I'm gaining a little insight into the bad blood between UND and NDSU. I've always placed the blame on UND. I have too many friends at NDSU and respect the way they do things there. But, the handful of particularly rabid nutcases still talking about how the game was taken from them without realizing the team that played better won (pick your year, we heard this last year too) (AND: saying congratulations in the same conversation with "the refs took it from us" is damning by faint praise), really provide some insight into why UND hates them so badly.

Oh well, I will try to take my own advice and not allow the nutcases to occupy any space in my head. I still like all of the NDSU Bison with whom I am personally acqainted and I think I'll still hope the best for them when they're not playing SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X