Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU at MSU

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    I don't think i would be claiming to be a defensive guy after especially after Saturday. Terry V. had some sobering stats in his blog. That 1-6 team we played gained 352 yards on the ground ,7.5 yds. a carry. That's the most rushing yds. we've given up in a game since joining the Valley.

As far as the offense Terry said that the Jacks were 0-5 on situations in 3rd and 2 or shorter. 4 of those were pass plays. Good grief. We have an All-american running back in our backfield.
    Stig specializes in Defensive backs. But ouch - if you can't stop the run in the Valley, you can't win.

I still think they need some heavier run stuffing D tackles to help keep the O linemen off the Jacks linebackers.

Your depressing me more. I sure hope the Jacks can turn this around quickly. They need to go 1-0 every week now.

Comment

for those fans who were at the EIU playoff game, maybe you noticed it too, but it was a game where we just flat out man handled the other team. We were intense on defense and the offense was clicking and just running hard for zenner almost 300 yards, and the D was dominating a big passing team. This last game we looked like the team that got manhandled by a team with 1 win all year. Our D is Soft thats the only way to discribe it. Thats what is disapointing me, the team didnt look like they were fired up or wanted to win last week. Even with previous SDSU defenses we could give up yards but really had the bend dont break attitude, this year they are bending and then breaking and teams are not affraid to run or pass on us at will. Maybe we need to hire Danny Batten as the Dline coach.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        Per Terry's article today from the Argus Leader

I’m not the offensive coordinator, and our offensive staff gets paid to make those decisions," Stiegelmeier said. "We were down on the goalline and have the ability to run counter, which we walked into the end zone. First time we run it run it we get talked for a 5-yard loss."

Stig appears to be throwing his offensive staff under the bus. I don't think this quote you can attribute to Stig just being Stig.

Isn't Stig paid to be accountable for the whole team?
        Actually, if you read the comment carefully, he's defending his offensive staff in that quote. Paraphrasing: Counter was a good call when it resulted in a TD. The second time wasn't a bad play call, it just didn't work.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Stig specializes in Defensive backs. But ouch - if you can't stop the run in the Valley, you can't win.

I still think they need some heavier run stuffing D tackles to help keep the O linemen off the Jacks linebackers.

Your depressing me more. I sure hope the Jacks can turn this around quickly. They need to go 1-0 every week now.
          That **** show Saturday was depressing. Anyway, i'm done with this game and like you say...1-0 every week.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            USD is better than SDSU right now.
            This sure appears to be the case right now. Doesn't mean that will be true in a few weeks.

Coaching 18-22 year old young man is tough. Stig said they weren't ready and he had no answer for why. At halftime the strategy, straight from Stigs mouth, was to "hope and pray" that his guys played better in the second half.

That was one of the most disappointing performances ever. It isn't necessary to point fingers at specific guys and there are some excuses in the form of injuries. I had a feeling that high preseason ranking could be the kiss of death for a program not yet established enough to deserve that high an expectation.

Its a loss, on the road, in the MVFC. Bad loss, yes, devastating, no. Embarrassing? I say yes.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel but I'm close. 4 scoring plays in the 60-80 yd range? How in the heck does that happen? Not acceptable, never, no way.

Sumner has to be better, I think he has the ability. I don't know where his confidence is and I don't know if our coaches are using him in the right sets. I want him under center or in true shot gun. He doesn't fit the pistol in my mind.

Get back on the field ASAP. The upper class men need to infuse this team with some energy and make a big statement this Saturday. The playoffs are no out of the question for an 8-4 team. However, SDSU is closer to a 4-8 team than an 8-4 team right now.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              for those fans who were at the EIU playoff game, maybe you noticed it too, but it was a game where we just flat out man handled the other team. We were intense on defense and the offense was clicking and just running hard for zenner almost 300 yards, and the D was dominating a big passing team. This last game we looked like the team that got manhandled by a team with 1 win all year. Our D is Soft thats the only way to discribe it. Thats what is disapointing me, the team didnt look like they were fired up or wanted to win last week. Even with previous SDSU defenses we could give up yards but really had the bend dont break attitude, this year they are bending and then breaking and teams are not affraid to run or pass on us at will. Maybe we need to hire Danny Batten as the Dline coach.
              That would mean firing Jimmy Rogers

Comment

SDSU still hanging at #25 in polls and UNI is #17!!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Actually, if you read the comment carefully, he's defending his offensive staff in that quote. Paraphrasing: Counter was a good call when it resulted in a TD. The second time wasn't a bad play call, it just didn't work.
                  So now your telling me it is just bad reporting on TV's part? Ok, Ok - chortling here. Anytime I go after TV I get destroyed on this forum. TV is the best reporter EVER!!!

I see what you are saying now, but I was confused by his comment that his coordinators get paid too. I still think that deflects the blame from Stig and onto them. But if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Jimmy lacks coaching experience. It would have been nice to have the $$$ to higher an experienced assistant coach instead of giving Jimmy on the job training. Jimmy also was a great, undersized, hard hitting, intense Linebacker. He didn't even play D line. Ouch.

And no disrespect to Jimmy. He was one of the greatest Jack's I've ever seen. The Jacks could use more of his type now. Jimmy lead by his actions on the field.

Now an even greater Jack was Batten. Man o man did he have talent. But just because your a great player, doesn't mean you can coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Um no.

Jimmy coaches the linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Because,they knew we always try to stick with the same thing if it worked the first time,so they were expecting it?I think the opposition has detected a method to our play calling,and too many times they guess right.But hey,I guess they could be dim wits who don't pay attention to how they got burned the first time,who know's.I'm being very cynical,i know.....but sometimes i just can't stand excuses.Excuses prevent you from doing something about a problem,therefore shouldn't be tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          I don't think i would be claiming to be a defensive guy after especially after Saturday. Terry V. had some sobering stats in his blog. That 1-6 team we played gained 352 yards on the ground ,7.5 yds. a carry. That's the most rushing yds. we've given up in a game since joining the Valley.

As far as the offense Terry said that the Jacks were 0-5 on situations in 3rd and 2 or shorter. 4 of those were pass plays. Good grief. We have an All-american running back in our backfield.
                          3rd and 1 and we throw a deep ball to Wesley. He was the only WR that went out... wtf! Meadows years ago was thrown under the bus many times. We run the same stuff now.. Coach Stig commented on the Jackrabbit insider about how their DB's jumped our short routes etc... Hello.. Coach Stig doesn't get it either.. Why do they jump our short routes???? Cause for years that is what we do.. Our deep route is a post down the middle of the field where there is usually safety help.. Never a slant and go, never a stop and go, never a out and up.. Never a fly pattern. Nothing to keep the defense honest.. And we have the personnel to do it and we simply don't.. There is no variety in our offense and teams are teeing off on us.... Feel for the players seriously and the coaches then say we weren't ready to play etc.. That is crap.. Defensively our guys start a yard and a half off the ball and we are getting killed.. It might work for the Cornhuskers but it doesn't work for us.. But we simply won't change... Stig has to make the change. He is the head coach and ultimately this lies on him...

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Um no.

That makes 100% sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Um no.

UM MY MISTAKE.

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                                3rd and 1 and we throw a deep ball to Wesley. He was the only WR that went out... wtf! Meadows years ago was thrown under the bus many times. We run the same stuff now.. Coach Stig commented on the Jackrabbit insider about how their DB's jumped our short routes etc... Hello.. Coach Stig doesn't get it either.. Why do they jump our short routes???? Cause for years that is what we do.. Our deep route is a post down the middle of the field where there is usually safety help.. Never a slant and go, never a stop and go, never a out and up.. Never a fly pattern. Nothing to keep the defense honest.. And we have the personnel to do it and we simply don't.. There is no variety in our offense and teams are teeing off on us.... Feel for the players seriously and the coaches then say we weren't ready to play etc.. That is crap.. Defensively our guys start a yard and a half off the ball and we are getting killed.. It might work for the Cornhuskers but it doesn't work for us.. But we simply won't change... Stig has to make the change. He is the head coach and ultimately this lies on him...
                                LOL...I can see why they call you "common sense" rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                X